Sign in to follow this  
ggerolamo

The trial Period is over...!?? (ten minutes after install...?)

Hello,

Today at this weekend I wanted to try out the MCE-DEMO !

On my PC there is a P3Dv3 and P3Dv4 Installation... (windows 10)

Installation of MCE-Demo went well, but if I want to start the first time the mce.exe (with admin)

there comes an window: The trial Period is over...!?? (ten minutes after install...?)

If I click 'ok' the mce-window opens but 

My voice is not recognized !!??

Thanks in advance

Gerolamo

kind regards, ggerolamo

spacer.png                       spacer.png

3 hours ago, ggerolamo said:

Hello,

Today at this weekend I wanted to try out the MCE-DEMO !

On my PC there is a P3Dv3 and P3Dv4 Installation... (windows 10)

Installation of MCE-Demo went well, but if I want to start the first time the mce.exe (with admin)

there comes an window: The trial Period is over...!?? (ten minutes after install...?)

If I click 'ok' the mce-window opens but 

My voice is not recognized !!??

Thanks in advance

Gerolamo

Sorry to hear your Demo didn't go smoothly.

There could be a number of reasons.

For instance, it hasn't been reset for at least 3 years. Users wrongly assume they can have a go at any release every time there is a new one.

If user tried an older version years ago, and didn't format C: drive since, he'll be locked out immediately.

Admittedly, the Demo might be a bit over-protected, but it's better to be safe than sorry. It's the reason we're still in business.

Other times, security software prevents Demo writing or reading crucial system information. And that causes immediate bail out.

I assume you went through the setup wizard.

If not, restore MCE to factory settings.

Start->All Programs->Multi Crew Experience->Tools->Restore factory settings.

If you have the main MCE window up and running and your voice isn't recognized, maybe the speech engine isn't set to listen on the correct device.

Go to <About> tab in MCE user interface and check what devices are listed under "Sound In" and "Sound Out".

If it's listing the wrong devices, run our "assign sound device" tool

Windows menu Start->All Programs->Multi Crew Experience->Tools->Assign sound device.

Select the correct "Audio In" and "Audio Out", click OK and let the toll make changes automatically if required.

Even when it expires, as long as it runs, it should be able to recognize your speech, display it in red font. The FO will just refuse to carry out your orders.

Some commands related to user interface voice control will work without a license key.

Things like

"zoom in", "zoom out"

"move seat forward quickly", "move seat back", "move seat up"

"increase simulation rate", "decrease simulation rate", "normal simulation rate".

...And many others.

Thanks for the quick answer :-)

A little update to my situation:

The voice recognition seems to work ! After restore to factory settings and trying some test commands, they are written in red and a voice is saying something like '...its time to get a  license...'

"zoom in", "zoom out"

"increase simulation rate", "decrease simulation rate", "normal simulation rate".

..are also working !

It seems that the voice recognition is working :-)

But on the other side - why do i have no test time ???

My Computer i s relatively new (ca. 8 months..) and I really did never install this piece of software before  !!??

thanks in advance 

Gerolamo

kind regards, ggerolamo

2 hours ago, ggerolamo said:

Thanks for the quick answer :-)

A little update to my situation:

The voice recognition seems to work ! After restore to factory settings and trying some test commands, they are written in red and a voice is saying something like '...its time to get a  license...'

"zoom in", "zoom out"

..are also working !

It seems that the voice recognition is working :-)

But on the other side - why do i have no test time ???

My Computer i s relatively new (ca. 8 months..) and I really did never install this piece of software before  !!??

thanks in advance 

Gerolamo

The Demo is actually very short. 3 days or 30 runs whichever expires first.

Typical mistake, people download Demo, run it once, then decide to leave it until th week-end for testing. At which point it ran out.

Others ignore the advice to install it to default C:\Program Files (x86)\.

As a result, MCE may not connect to the sim due to UAC or other issues. After firing the exe 30 times, it inevitably runs out.

You can always give it a miss and try again later.

I guess the main issue for you, now that your accent or equipment isn't an issue, is to know which aircraft in your hangar are supported.

Which complex aircraft do you fly, and are you using FSX, P3D, FS9 or all of them?

Have seen your vote for Aerosoft CRJ 700/900 on another thread.

We have every intention to support that aircraft. It will take some time though.

At the moment you can only expect FO to help you with Gear, Flaps, brakes and radios tuning. Everything else will require custom interfacing.

Do you have the Aerosoft A320/A321?

Yes I fly a lot of the big-ones : Aerosoft A320/A321, PMDG NGX, Majestic Dash, now the Aerosoft CRJ 700/900..... (all in p3d)

And very important for me : I use PF3-ATC !  

And now the Problem with the demo: I installed it today the very first time, but  not in C:\Program Files (x86) ??!! I never install programs there... (UAC is off on my PC)

3 days would be long enough to test the basics...,but 10 min is way too short ! ;-)

greetings

Gerolamo

kind regards, ggerolamo

1 hour ago, ggerolamo said:

Yes I fly a lot of the big-ones : Aerosoft A320/A321, PMDG NGX, Majestic Dash, now the Aerosoft CRJ 700/900..... (all in p3d)

And very important for me : I use PF3-ATC !  

And now the Problem with the demo: I installed it today the very first time, but  not in C:\Program Files (x86) ??!! I never install programs there... (UAC is off on my PC)

3 days would be long enough to test the basics...,but 10 min is way too short ! ;-)

greetings

Gerolamo

You can install outside C:\Program Files (x86)\ when UAC is disabled. We don't recommend disabling UAC for the sake of the Demo though.

OK, since you have the Aerosoft A320/A321, I have some good news.

Be aware, a while ago Aerosoft has licensed MCE for use with their A320/A321.

We have produced a separate package for them that doesn't require activation. You just need to own the aircraft.

More info here: Download MCE free edition for Aerosoft A320/A321 here

Install it and it will give you an idea about co-pilot interactivity.

That package hasn't been updated to make it P3D V4 compatible yet.

It doesn't have the latest improvements to MCE-PF3 interfacing either. But it will give you an idea.

The Ultimate Edition fully supports 40 complex right now. With more on the way.

The heck with it ! 

I jumped into the cold water and ordered this promising piece of software ! ! :-)

So the only thing I have to do is waiting for the email with the activation key ;-)

greetings

Gerolamo

kind regards, ggerolamo

3 hours ago, ggerolamo said:

The heck with it ! 

I jumped into the cold water and ordered this promising piece of software ! ! :-)

So the only thing I have to do is waiting for the email with the activation key ;-)

greetings

Gerolamo

Welcome aboard ggerolamo.

Hope you enjoy our implementation of a fully interactive crew simulation.

there is a patch for PF3 here

Download, unzip and manually replace files as per folder structure.

Thanks for the Info !

First of all and most important for me: MCE with PF3 - I need a real ATC experience :-)

Lets hope it works...

kind regards, ggerolamo

I have the same problem also. I downloaded the demo today, went through the setup. Everything setup fine however when I started FSX and MCE, I  got the window saying the trial period was over. I could not get anything to work. I rebooted the computer, tried it again this time the copilot was listening, but said I needed to buy a license, and I have yet to be able to demo it. Any suggestions? 

8 hours ago, Fighter Guy said:

I have the same problem also. I downloaded the demo today, went through the setup. Everything setup fine however when I started FSX and MCE, I  got the window saying the trial period was over. I could not get anything to work. I rebooted the computer, tried it again this time the copilot was listening, but said I needed to buy a license, and I have yet to be able to demo it. Any suggestions? 

The only sensible thing to do is the following.

Un-install MCE via Windows Control Panel.

Manually delete <Multi Crew Experience> installation folder if it's still there.

Ensure you're logged-in with a user account that has admin privileges.

Make sure Windows UAC is set to default 2 notches up the slider.

Restart computer, go back to downloaded unzipped file and run "InstallMCE".

Install to default C:\Program Files (x86)\Multi Crew Experience\ folder.

Restore MCE to factory settings.

Click Start->All Programs->Multi Crew Experience->Tools->Restore factory settings.

That will prompt you to go through a separate application called "the app wizard".

If you can manage to go through all the wizard steps without error, you can definitely assume MCE will work on your machine.

As you can read in this thread, not everyone's Demo is locked out immediately.

Assuming you have the Aerosoft Airbus A320/A321, if you read this thread carefully, there is a link to a free MCE package locked to that aircraft.

If you like the concept, then Utimate Edition will cover most aircraft in your fleet and some to be released in the future. Currently 40 complex aircraft are supported. And we aren't talking Cessna, A2A or other light aircraft. Mostly heavy hitters, like all PMDG aircraft (NGX, T7, and 747 QOTS II. these are the easiest to interface, because PMDG gives you source code you can copy and paste (SDK)), and just need to plug the audio.

We even cover aircraft that don't have SDK, like FsLabs A320, Quality Wings, CoolSky, Captain Sim and other publishers aircraft.

I to downloaded MCE today for the first time ever and the first time I actually started the app it told me my tril perid was over. Come on, one try and its over?? I did everything correct including the install folder. Unlike the OP I am not going to just give in and buy. A demo is there for a reason and should work. I dont doubt the software is great in every way but I have to admit my enthusiasm did not get  a boost from this little "welcome" in to the Word of MCE I assure you that.

Please help me get the demo up and running.

Thanks   

Mike