Sign in to follow this  
byork

Make Runways for P3D V4

MakeRunways has been updated to v4.385.

• Upvote 1

-J

13700KF | RTX 4090 @ 4K | 32GB DDR5 | 2 x 1TB SSDs | 1TB M.2 NVMe

Hi! I get this error when I try to use Make RWY. I have Add On org. inst ad use the default path when I install it.

x0Dljl-f985R86KgPijR5XEyLH8wYU_X5dka-hc8

So long as you're running MakeRunways from the root FSX/P3D folder (you're doing that right?), it should work.

But if MakeRunways has a conflict with 'Addon Org', which is something I've never heard of before, you'd need to discuss that with Pete Dowson.

4 hours ago, byork said:

So long as you're running MakeRunways from the root FSX/P3D folder (you're doing that right?), it should work.

But if MakeRunways has a conflict with 'Addon Org', which is something I've never heard of before, you'd need to discuss that with Pete Dowson.

I am ashamed. The program was not placed in the P3D Root folder. I have changed the path and now it works. Thank's for you help!

Just one more note for RAAS users in P3D 64 bits.

Once user said he had to run Make Runways twice when using LORBY.

I don't have to run it twice, but if you have an issue with the runway's database, run it twice.

You HAVE to run MakeRunways TWICE for it to work in the new P3D v4.2 scenery scheme!!!

Lorby creates a scenery file that has your entire airports add-ons, you run Makerunways once to create MakeRwys_Scenery.cfg then you run it Again for it to create a correct Runways.csv

Here is the Process that I followed for running MakeRunways on P3Dv4.3. Please let me know if I missed any step(s).

1. Download latest versions of both MakeRunways & Lorbi-SI Addon Organizer.

2. Copy Makerunways.exe into the Prepare3d v4 root folder.

2. Install Lorbi-SI Addon Organizer (let the program to instal in the default location)

3. Run the program, follow all the steps in item 3.9 - Creating a scenery.cfg for external tools.

That's it!!

Cheers,

M

Mario Lobo

P3D v:4.5| Win 10 2004 x64 pro | ASUS ROG STRIX Z390-E | i9-9900KS@ 5.1Ghz(OC) | Thermaltake Water Extreme 3.0 | G.SKILL F4-3200C14D-32GTRS TZ Royal (16x2)32G Kit DDR4 3200Mhz | 11GB RTX 2080 TI Asus STRIX OC| 1x Samsung 970 PRO M.2 512GB | Samsung 970 PRO 1TB | 2x Samsung 860 PRO 2TB| Tt ToughpowerXT 875W | CoolerMaster HAF X Tower

Hi guys

I tried to use make runways today for the first time after updating my RAAS Pro. I placed the makerwys.exe and the lorbysceneryexport.ext into the main Lockheed Martin/Prepar3dv4 root folder. However when I start the makerwys.exe I get the error message: Failed to make all of the data files. I did run the programme as administrator and I tried 2 or 3 times with the same result.

From the manual I read that the Addon Organizer is not needed, still I installed it, but the result is the same. Anyone has an idea?

Kind regards

Dani

Hello Bryan

Allright, thanks for that suggestion.

Is MakeRunways actually still needed? I thought I read somewhere (a post by you?) that after the RAAS update it will not be needed?

When I updated RAAS last night and clicked on the update checker within RAAS and it said my version was up-to-date, even it was clearlly not from the version number? I then downloaded and installed the new one anyone.

Dani

Hi Dani,

Not sure where you read that.

You always need Make Runways.... it's where the Runway Database comes from that we read.

We had to disable the built in update check for now.

Just please update based on displayed version number.

• Like 1

Hi Brian

Coming back to you. I know was able to run Make Runways and all the files were generated as they should. Is there anything I still need to do, to activate the "new runways" in RAAS? I tested in LSGG, RAAS still calls out rwy23 instead of rwy22.

Dani