Sign in to follow this  
spilok

Wanted: Embraer 145 for Prepar3dv4

Really love the Embraer 145 regional jet since I'm often a passenger on one in real life. Are there any of these jets available for Prepar3dv4? 

Thanks. 

Stan

• Upvote 1

As far as I know no up-to-date Embraer regional jet is available for P3D, perhaps some old port overs... I would like to have one myself!

The only option at this point is the feelthere EMB-135/145 package. It's alright... a lot of people like it but personally I could never get into it because a) The very bad frame rates b) the poor sounds c) the somewhat buggy systems and animations. Also, I don't think it's available for v4 yet. IIRC someone else was developing a -145. I saw a few external renders some time ago but never heard anything else about it. Maybe someone else can point you to it because I can't recall the name of the developer. 

It looks like your only comparable option for the foreseeable future is the Aerosoft CRJ-700/900.

It's actually pretty disappointing that there are no up to date Embraer's for P3D, I'd love to have a 170/190. X-Plane has the SSG which has annoying bugs and the X-Crafts which has the worst FMC i've ever used. I'd kill for a quality Embraer. 

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, MrGarak said:

It's actually pretty disappointing that there are no up to date Embraer's for P3D, I'd love to have a 170/190. X-Plane has the SSG which has annoying bugs and the X-Crafts which has the worst FMC i've ever used. I'd kill for a quality Embraer. 

I use the Virtualcol 170/175 and 190/195 in v4 and I love them! Relatively simple and frame rate friendly!

And you can't beat the price...$11.50 normally, but they are on sale right now for $8.05! Hard to beat that!!

Russ

Master Sergeant, U.S. Air Force, Retired

Former T-33A Crew Chief

Former B-1B Crew Chief / Flightline Maintenance Expediter

Former Learjet Corp. Quality Inspector

Formerly Young (😩)

Aerosoft just announced their new project: The EMB 145X

Projected release date: Feb 15th, 2025.

• Upvote 4

2 hours ago, b1bmsgt said:

I use the Virtualcol 170/175 and 190/195 in v4 and I love them! Relatively simple and frame rate friendly!

And you can't beat the price...$11.50 normally, but they are on sale right now for $8.05! Hard to beat that!!

Russ

How do they fly?  Neither the visuals nor the systems do not meet the standards of this time, but - you are right - the price is not too high! 

4 hours ago, kiki said:

How do they fly?  Neither the visuals nor the systems do not meet the standards of this time, but - you are right - the price is not too high! 

I really like the feel. I agree the visuals aren't cutting edge, but it's good enough for me. As for systems, I'm not the study sim type, really. I feel that the simplicity of these aircraft make up for my lack of training as an airline pilot. I don't have to waste time figuring out things that a real airline pilot would know intimately...

Russ

• Upvote 1

Former T-33A Crew Chief

Formerly Young (😩)

Hmm, that's interesting, it's better then nothing for sure. I'm gonna have to take a look.

On 8/13/2017 at 5:43 AM, b1bmsgt said:

I really like the feel. I agree the visuals aren't cutting edge, but it's good enough for me. As for systems, I'm not the study sim type, really. I feel that the simplicity of these aircraft make up for my lack of training as an airline pilot. I don't have to waste time figuring out things that a real airline pilot would know intimately...

Russ

I'm not into the overly complex aircraft either.  But, the Virtualcol virtual panels always look so "FS9" to me. It's always a bad sign when the pictures show more of the liveries and less of the cockpit.  Yet, I don't fly from the outside of the plane!  There is a 35% off sale going on - can anyone recommend a few of their planes with the best quality?

• Upvote 1

Rick Abshier

5900X | RTX3080 | 32 GB@3600 | India Pale Ale

4 hours ago, ricka47 said:

I'm not into the overly complex aircraft either.  But, the Virtualcol virtual panels always look so "FS9" to me. It's always a bad sign when the pictures show more of the liveries and less of the cockpit.  Yet, I don't fly from the outside of the plane!  There is a 35% off sale going on - can anyone recommend a few of their planes with the best quality?

Their new CRJ's are really nice, IMHO. A little more expensive, though... $24.90, but currently on sale for $19.92 at the Virtualcol Store:

https://www.virtualcol.com/shop/tvirtual.php?f4lksnx5trng=home

Also, the E Jets are still on sale for $8.05. For that price, you HAVE to at least try them!

Russ

Former T-33A Crew Chief

Formerly Young (😩)

On 8/12/2017 at 10:47 PM, Mitch24 said:

Aerosoft just announced their new project: The EMB 145X

Projected release date: Feb 15th, 2025.

Actually? I'd kill for Aerosoft to make them xD

I realize this thread is pretty old, but FeelThere does offer a P3D v4 compatible ERJ 145...

https://www.feelthere.com/shop/p3d/embraer-erj135-erj145xrj-for-p3d4/

Is it a top shelf add on AC... No, not by a long shot, but it does work in P3D v4.4, and considering the price it's really not that bad.

So for anyone who doesn't want to wait 6 years for Aerosoft's EMB 145X, it's at least an option.. LOL

Edited by SunDevil56