Ok, possibility of a new job beckons. If so, I'll be mostly hotel based and my Cosmos is certainly not a frequent flyer! So, looking at the current Laptop offerings, I'm tempted.

However, I know that frequency is still king., I can get a 17.3" machine, built with desktop CPU, twin SLI 1080 and running 4ghz. This compares favourably to my current setup. Lot of cash, but it will be portable and I can take my pedals and joystick in the case when I go away.

Opinions please.

The Current machine is in my sig below. all to run Flyinside, an Oculus and some periphery to go with DCS, FSX and X-10. I'm going to upgrade to P3D shortly and X11 soon I think. Mostly it's about anything BUT tube flying.....

Mark Harris.

Aged 54. 

P3D,  & DCS mostly. DofReality P6 platform partially customised and waiting for parts. Brunner CLS-E Yoke and Pedals. Winwing HOTAS and Cougar MFDS.

Scan 3XS Laptop i9-9900K 3.6ghz, 64GB DDR4, RTX2080.

B737NG Pilot. Ex Q400, BAe146, ATP and Flying Instructor in the dim and distant past! SEP renewed and back at the coal face flying folk on the much deserved holidays!

Seeing as you'll be gone more than home, that laptop sounds fine.  If it can be upgraded, all the better.

Forever indebted to the late Michael Greenblatt of FSGS.