Sign in to follow this  
duckbilled

Older LatinVFR scenery in V4

Hi,

As I did with my T2G scenery, I went though my older LatinVFR stuff in FSX to see if it worked in V4. Latin America is looking pretty bare right now and sice these are small airports with probably limited market potential, I am guess they will probably not be updated any time in the near future.

The most recent installers were downloaded from Simmarket with any updates or patches. Installers were pointed to a temporary location, files were copied into my addon scenery folder (outside v4) and scenery were added using Addon Organizer. I just did a quick look in slew to see if the airport looked like it did kn FSX. If it looked good during the day, I checked it out at night. Disclaimer  - there may still be issues with the airports that seem to work. Also, these are old products, so don't buy them with the goal of installing into V4. The ones that work are pretty outdated.

MDSD: No - Elevation issues/ground Texture bleed through

MMCZ: No - Elevation issues/ground Texture bleed through

MROC: Yes - Seems to work

SVMI: No - Elevation issues/ground Texture bleed through

Cayman Islands: No - Exclude issues, Elevation issues/ground Texture bleed through

MGGT: Yes - Seems to work

TTPP: No - Elevation issues/ground Texture bleed through

Enjoy

• Upvote 1

MSFS Premium Deluxe Edition; Windows 11 Pro, I9-9900k; Asus Maximus XI Hero; Asus TUF RTX3080TI; 32GB G.Skill Ripjaw DDR4 3600; 2X Samsung 1TB 970EVO; NZXT Kraken X63; Seasonic Prime PX-1000, LG 48" C1 Series OLED, Honeycomb Yoke & TQ, CH Rudder Pedals, Logitech G13 Gamepad 

1 hour ago, duckbilled said:

Hi,

As I did with my T2G scenery, I went though my older LatinVFR stuff in FSX to see if it worked in V4. Latin America is looking pretty bare right now and sice these are small airports with probably limited market potential, I am guess they will probably not be updated any time in the near future.

The most recent installers were downloaded from Simmarket with any updates or patches. Installers were pointed to a temporary location, files were copied into my addon scenery folder (outside v4) and scenery were added using Addon Organizer. I just did a quick look in slew to see if the airport looked like it did kn FSX. If it looked good during the day, I checked it out at night. Disclaimer  - there may still be issues with the airports that seem to work. Also, these are old products, so don't buy them with the goal of installing into V4. The ones that work are pretty outdated.

MDSD: No - Elevation issues/ground Texture bleed through

MMCZ: No - Elevation issues/ground Texture bleed through

MROC: Yes - Seems to work

SVMI: No - Elevation issues/ground Texture bleed through

Cayman Islands: No - Exclude issues, Elevation issues/ground Texture bleed through

MGGT: Yes - Seems to work

TTPP: No - Elevation issues/ground Texture bleed through

Enjoy

"MDSD: No - Elevation issues/ground Texture bleed through"

When you install the airport it creates a folder in your hard drive Flight Simulator X/Scenery/World/Scenery

MDSD_ADE_RGM_ALT.BGL

Search for the file and in the Flight Simulator X you will find the textures & effects too. Mine was in drive C.

Same with

MKJS_ADE_RGM_ALT.BGL

Have fun!

A pilot is always learning and I LOVE to learn.

37 minutes ago, DJJose said:

"MDSD: No - Elevation issues/ground Texture bleed through"

When you install the airport it creates a folder in your hard drive Flight Simulator X/Scenery/World/Scenery

MDSD_ADE_RGM_ALT.BGL

Search for the file and in the Flight Simulator X you will find the textures & effects too. Mine was in drive C.

Same with

MKJS_ADE_RGM_ALT.BGL

Have fun!

I got the files for MGGT and TTPP, but the installers didn't give me the one for MDSD. TTPP Still didn't work, but I'll check FSX for the MDSD files.

Thanks!

MSFS Premium Deluxe Edition; Windows 11 Pro, I9-9900k; Asus Maximus XI Hero; Asus TUF RTX3080TI; 32GB G.Skill Ripjaw DDR4 3600; 2X Samsung 1TB 970EVO; NZXT Kraken X63; Seasonic Prime PX-1000, LG 48" C1 Series OLED, Honeycomb Yoke & TQ, CH Rudder Pedals, Logitech G13 Gamepad 

13 hours ago, duckbilled said:

I got the files for MGGT and TTPP, but the installers didn't give me the one for MDSD. TTPP Still didn't work, but I'll check FSX for the MDSD files.

Thanks!

It's very simple.

Just install to the default folder and then copy the files to the p3d v4 locations. It worked perfectly for me.

A pilot is always learning and I LOVE to learn.

MDSD for me installs fine as long as I place it under ORBX global. Otherwise I get water patches. 

Signature.png

Follow me on : Instagram

See my Trailer: A Year Of Flight

5 hours ago, DJJose said:

It's very simple.

Just install to the default folder and then copy the files to the p3d v4 locations. It worked perfectly for me.

Thanks. I did run the installers pointing at a temp location, but the elevation files for MMCZ, and SVMI never ended up on that folder. After copying them, both work. They don't look perfect, but they work. I'm wondering if all of these would look better without the photocenery.

MDSD is good now. Not sure why it didn't work on this first try. TTPP is still a no go. 

Hello guys, I see this post is old but I want to use MDSD in v4, what I need to do please? thanks.

Efrain RodriguezP3DWindows 10 64bitIntel i7 6700 4.0 Quad Core NVidia GTX1070<p>120SSD / 2TB

31 minutes ago, Shinx13 said:

Any update for 4.4?

MGGT works -- same in 4.4 and it did in 4.3.  That's the only one I've used in 4.4 so far.

Rhett

7800X3D ♣ 32 GB G.Skill TridentZ  Gigabyte 4090  Crucial P5 Plus 2TB 

Not MDSD?

18 minutes ago, Mace said:

MGGT works -- same in 4.4 and it did in 4.3.  That's the only one I've used in 4.4 so far.

On 8/13/2017 at 11:56 AM, duckbilled said:

Thanks. I did run the installers pointing at a temp location, but the elevation files for MMCZ, and SVMI never ended up on that folder. After copying them, both work. They don't look perfect, but they work. I'm wondering if all of these would look better without the photocenery.

MDSD is good now. Not sure why it didn't work on this first try. TTPP is still a no go. 

On 8/13/2017 at 7:43 AM, Alcides Segovia said:

MDSD for me installs fine as long as I place it under ORBX global. Otherwise I get water patches. 

Reynaldo Rodriguez

Philadelphia, PA

VATSIM | ZNY S3

signature-dark.png

JBU427.png

Anybody able to get MUVR to work? Really miss that one. Also the freeware Holguin on AVSIM. Any luck?