Sign in to follow this  
Davidrebolton

Pilot2ATC and World Traffic

Hi Dave, all,

I have just been reading on the WT forum that the developer contact you (Dave) months ago, and stated that WT 3.1 may well have full P2ATC support! Are you able to elaborate on this any further given the initial comment was made many months ago? :) - Has there been more talk about it since then? 

I started this evening reading about Pilot2ATC, then saw the  proposed integration, almost decided to buy your program on the spot!, I'm going to try the demo this week I think and will purchase once WT integration is solidly confirmed, OR once I see how good it is lol ;) 

Thanks for your time 

Dave

The WT Dev has been busy working on getting his new version out, so there has not been any progress on an integration.

Hopefully once he gets freed up, there will be some progress.

Dave

54 minutes ago, Dave-Pilot2ATC said:

The WT Dev has been busy working on getting his new version out, so there has not been any progress on an integration.

Hopefully once he gets freed up, there will be some progress.

Dave

But its all still sounding very hopeful? :) 

4 hours ago, Davidrebolton said:

I started this evening reading about Pilot2ATC, then saw the  proposed integration, almost decided to buy your program on the spot!, I'm going to try the demo this week I think and will purchase once WT integration is solidly confirmed, OR once I see how good it is lol ;) 

Pilot2ATC is hands down the very best AI ATC software on the market in my opinion, definitely in the Voice Recognition arena for sure!   Can't say enough good things about it!

• Upvote 1

100454.png
Captain K-Man FlightBlog Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCulqmz0zmIMuAzJvDAZPkWQ  //  Streaming on YouTube most Wednesdays and Fridays @ 6pm CST

Brian Navy

4 hours ago, Kuragiman said:

Pilot2ATC is hands down the very best AI ATC software on the market in my opinion, definitely in the Voice Recognition arena for sure!   Can't say enough good things about it!

I will very likely be buying it! If it does what it says on the tin + judging by all you folk, will sample the demo today when the "other half" is not around :biggrin:

The premiss of integration with WT excites me - A LOT! - that would be perfect, it's what X-Plane deserves 

why cant i get Pilot2 ATC to work WITHOUT speach assistant

ant why does world traffic ignore Pilot to ATC taxi instuctions

i keep running into aircraft on my taxiway

any help would be appreciated

tony

By your first question I assume you mean you cannot get P2A to recognize your voice and therefore have to always use Speech Assistant.

Here are some of the more common things to check for this:

1.    SWITCH SETTINGS: Check to be sure the Power indicator in the bottom left of the main P2A screen is  green.  If not, then you need to turn on the battery switch and avionics switch in the aircraft, or if that doesn’t turn it green, check the 2 options “Ignore Battery Switch” and “Ignore Avionics Switch” in the Config P2A Setup panel.
2.    VALID CALL SIGN: Make sure you are using a valid call sign by changing it to the default Mfg: Beech; Tail Number: N431VB and pressing the Save Button.  You can send me a screenshot of this page and I will let you know if there is a problem with the call sign.
3.    VALID FREQUENCY: Be sure you have a valid frequency showing in the Active frequency display.  Open the Radio Panel and check that the frequency selected has a valid controller assigned.  Try swapping the active and standby frequencies a couple of times.
4.    PTT BUTTON: Use the PTT button on the main screen to eliminate the possibility of it being the Joystick button setup as the issue
5.    VALID PHRASES: Make sure the phrase you are using is appropriate for the controller.  “Say Altimeter” should work with all controllers, so use it.
6.    VOLUME SETTINGS: Check the Windows Volume Mixer and be sure Pilot2ATC volume is turned up. (RIght click on the speaker icon in the task bar and select Volume Mixer).  Also check the volume of the voices in P2A Config.  On the Communications tab of the Sound dialog, be sure "Do Nothing" is checked for when Windows detects Communications activity.
7.    SOUND DRIVERS AND ADD ON PROGRAMS - Many PCs come with Sound Add On programs from the manufacturer that are run at startup.  Some of these programs may "Capture" the microphone and prevent Pilot2ATC from hearing it.  Also, some addons may have such features.  Check to be sure there are not other sound programs running.  Also be sure that you have the latest Audio Drivers for your Microphone installed.
8.    GRAMMAR HELP SCREEN AND DIAGNOSTICS: Try using the Grammar Help screen.  
⦁    Press the Grmr Help button to the right of the Flight Plan
⦁    Pess the Practice button 
⦁    Take a screenshot of the resulting Message box with the connection information and email to me 
⦁    Try saying "Say Altimeter" with no other words.  It should be recognized.  Let me know the result.
⦁    If not being recognized, press the "Replay" button and see what your voice sounds like.  If no sound, then your voice is not getting through to Pilot2ATC.

On the second question, World Traffic is not aware of Pilot2ATC, so there is no interaction between the 2 programs.

Dave