mpw8679

Aerosoft CRJ soundpack

24 posts in this topic

Hey guys,  I was just wondering how the sounds are with this aircraft.  From all the videos I have watched they seem pretty bland.

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Not terrible but like you said, bland.  One of the major weaknesses that hopefully will be remedied either by Aerosoft or a third-party in the future.

Ilya

45 minutes ago, DaveCT2003 said:

What is bland about them?

They just don't give you that CRJ "feel", I've flown in a CRJ over a hundred times probably and I just didn't feel it at all with the Aerosoft CRJ

as far as I know, the soundpack has been made by TSS.

Keep in mind, the engines are far behind the cockpit and not that noisy anyway, so don`t expect to hear engine sounds in the cockpit. Would be Hollywood if they could be heard :-)

Mike

I think the sounds are quite good... But then again, I've only listened to a real CRJ from a distance. Never actually been at one, so I can't speak to their accuracy.

There's an sound addon available from TSS at SimMarket. Don't know how good it is, though... it's from 2014.

7 minutes ago, Anders Bermann said:

I think the sounds are quite good... But then again, I've only listened to a real CRJ from a distance. Never actually been at one, so I can't speak to their accuracy.

There's an sound addon available from TSS at SimMarket. Don't know how good it is, though... it's from 2014.

Can it be used with the aerosoft crj? It says in the product description it's for the default fsx crj.

If someone can make it work for the aerosoft then it be awesome :biggrin:

What would be the point in purchasing an old TSS sound set for the CRJ when the product itself includes a sound set from TSS??

I hope Blueskystar decides to port over/modify their CRJ-200 soundpack for the Aerosoft.

What would be the point in purchasing an old TSS sound set for the CRJ when the product itself includes a sound set from TSS??

Well it doesn't feel like a turbine sound studio soundpack. In my opinion, the sound pack they made for the tfdi 717 is better. The one for the CRJ feels like some sort of a "lite" version. The product page also states that they just made a standard soundpack, aerosoft made the cockpit sounds.

I think everyone is expecting to hear a rumble and whine. Reality is this plane is so long and the engines so small that once you get in the air the wind noise takes over sound of the engines. If you are comparing what you hear as a passenger than you are not really that same distance in the cabin as you are from cockpit so it's not a realistic expectation. 

Flying frequently with CRJ between Vienna and Ljubljana I can say that if sitting in the first rows the engines are hard to hear, only during takeoff. Sitting in the back you of course will hear them. So I'm sure that cockpit is quite silent in regard to the engines....