Sign in to follow this  
mpw8679

Aerosoft CRJ soundpack

Hey guys,  I was just wondering how the sounds are with this aircraft.  From all the videos I have watched they seem pretty bland.

Matt Wilson

Not terrible but like you said, bland.  One of the major weaknesses that hopefully will be remedied either by Aerosoft or a third-party in the future.

Ilya

Ilya Eydis, PPL, ASEL

What is bland about them?

Dave Hodges

System Specs:  I9-13900KF, NVIDIA 4070TI, Quest 3, Multiple Displays, Lots of TERRIFIC friends, 3 cats, and a wonderfully stubborn wife.

45 minutes ago, DaveCT2003 said:

What is bland about them?

They just don't give you that CRJ "feel", I've flown in a CRJ over a hundred times probably and I just didn't feel it at all with the Aerosoft CRJ

• Upvote 1

Thanks for the feedback guys

Matt Wilson

as far as I know, the soundpack has been made by TSS.

Keep in mind, the engines are far behind the cockpit and not that noisy anyway, so don`t expect to hear engine sounds in the cockpit. Would be Hollywood if they could be heard :-)

Mike

1. A320 home cockpit (FSLabs, Skalarki), P3Dv5  Main PC : I7-12700K, GTX3080Ti

2. FSLabs A3xx, P3Dv5. Gigabyte Aorus 17G YC, I7-10700K, RTX 3080

I think the sounds are quite good... But then again, I've only listened to a real CRJ from a distance. Never actually been at one, so I can't speak to their accuracy.

There's an sound addon available from TSS at SimMarket. Don't know how good it is, though... it's from 2014.

Best regards,
--Anders Bermann--

Pilot-ID: SAS2471

7 minutes ago, Anders Bermann said:

I think the sounds are quite good... But then again, I've only listened to a real CRJ from a distance. Never actually been at one, so I can't speak to their accuracy.

There's an sound addon available from TSS at SimMarket. Don't know how good it is, though... it's from 2014.

Can it be used with the aerosoft crj? It says in the product description it's for the default fsx crj.

If someone can make it work for the aerosoft then it be awesome :biggrin:

PC- AMD Ryzen 7800X3D, 64gb 6400mhz RAM, Nvidia RTX4090

I don't really know, to be honest. I would think it would work, but I haven't tried it. 

Best regards,
--Anders Bermann--

Pilot-ID: SAS2471

What would be the point in purchasing an old TSS sound set for the CRJ when the product itself includes a sound set from TSS??

• Upvote 1

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

I hope Blueskystar decides to port over/modify their CRJ-200 soundpack for the Aerosoft.

What would be the point in purchasing an old TSS sound set for the CRJ when the product itself includes a sound set from TSS??

Well it doesn't feel like a turbine sound studio soundpack. In my opinion, the sound pack they made for the tfdi 717 is better. The one for the CRJ feels like some sort of a "lite" version. The product page also states that they just made a standard soundpack, aerosoft made the cockpit sounds.

PC- AMD Ryzen 7800X3D, 64gb 6400mhz RAM, Nvidia RTX4090

I think everyone is expecting to hear a rumble and whine. Reality is this plane is so long and the engines so small that once you get in the air the wind noise takes over sound of the engines. If you are comparing what you hear as a passenger than you are not really that same distance in the cabin as you are from cockpit so it's not a realistic expectation. 

Signature.png

Follow me on : Instagram

See my Trailer: A Year Of Flight

Flying frequently with CRJ between Vienna and Ljubljana I can say that if sitting in the first rows the engines are hard to hear, only during takeoff. Sitting in the back you of course will hear them. So I'm sure that cockpit is quite silent in regard to the engines....

Cheers,
Michael

Aorus Master z390 / i9 9900KS / GTX 1070@2.1 / 32 GB Ram / all watercooled