Sign in to follow this  
mpw8679

Aerosoft CRJ soundpack

I have the Blue Sky Star sound pack with the CR-200 for xp11 and it's a huge difference in sound immersion.

A pilot is always learning and I LOVE to learn.

14 minutes ago, DJJose said:

I have the Blue Sky Star sound pack with the CR-200 for xp11 and it's a huge difference in sound immersion.

Can you be specific?

Dave Hodges

System Specs:  I9-13900KF, NVIDIA 4070TI, Quest 3, Multiple Displays, Lots of TERRIFIC friends, 3 cats, and a wonderfully stubborn wife.

9 hours ago, Mitch24 said:

They just don't give you that CRJ "feel", I've flown in a CRJ over a hundred times probably and I just didn't feel it at all with the Aerosoft CRJ

Passenger or pilot?

Dave Hodges

System Specs:  I9-13900KF, NVIDIA 4070TI, Quest 3, Multiple Displays, Lots of TERRIFIC friends, 3 cats, and a wonderfully stubborn wife.

11 minutes ago, DJJose said:

This video does a good job showcasing what I mean:

Okay, I now understand.  While I don't have any time on the CRJ flight deck, some of the sounds don't sound normal/right to me.  I'm going to drag a few guys that fly the CRJ for a living into this thread and let them weigh in (I think one is already here).

Thanks for the video.

Dave Hodges

I agree that the AS CRJ sounds are a little 'flat' but it's hard to be specific and objective with these things.

For me, the engine sounds are predominantly in the mid-range in terms of the audio spectrum; with a lack of high frequency content, that would be most noticeable on take off when the engines are at TOGA.

• Upvote 1

Bill

UK LAPL-A

Currently flying:- (GA): COWS DA-42, A2A Comanche, FSW C414, WT SR22T, FSS P2006, BlSq TBM850, FSR M500, Flyboy Rans S6S, SWS Zenith 701,C172 JT-A mod (Airliners): Fenix A320, Ini A300-600, FBW A320 NEO and PMDG737.

IMO the sound volume of the avionic fans and general cockpit sounds are way too high by default.

You can somewhat sort it in the config manager, but it's an issue nonetheless. The air stream surrounding the flightdeck should be the omnipresent noice while flying.

Santiago de Larminat

I'm also disappointed with the default sounds released with this product, and also hope Blue Sky Star releases an improvement.  Their other packages are amazing and immersive!  

17 hours ago, JYW said:

I agree that the AS CRJ sounds are a little 'flat' but it's hard to be specific and objective with these things.

For me, the engine sounds are predominantly in the mid-range in terms of the audio spectrum; with a lack of high frequency content, that would be most noticeable on take off when the engines are at TOGA.

I agree.  I think they almost feel rushed or incomplete.  Something is missing.  TSS's newly released E175 sounds are spot on excellent - I suppose I was expecting something similar with this product.  Love how they were able to change the sound effect based upon camera location with that product (ie: more engine noise near the front of the engine and more "rumble" behind the wing.)  Amazing!

I suppose it's a challenge for developers to please everyone - I do know the CR7/9 is rather quiet up front in terms of engine noise, though.  

I've never been in the flight deck of a CRJ so I can't comment on the engines, but surely the ground power unit is way too loud by default? It's deafening lol.

• Upvote 2

Best regards,

Neal McCullough