Sign in to follow this  
Scottl59

Reg key not working

I got my new reg key on July 27 and I have now got everything working on my computer so installed RC4 and I enter the new key but every time I start RC4 I still get the registration request screen. I have tried four times to no avail. I even tried it under Administrator and still no way. Can someone tell me what I should try next. Any help would be great.

Why not request a fresh key?  If you use the automated system it emails back straight away. 

Just watch the automatic email it 'can' produce for you is great but it picks your default email address - which may not be the one you bought under. 

UK P3DV5 and Xplane 11 Simmer
PilotEdge I11, CAT11, A-Z (ZLA), A-Z (WUS)

System details: Gigabyte P57v7 CF2 17.3" laptop. Kaby Lake i7 7700HQ CPU (averaging 3.4mhz). NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1070 8mb (laptop version), 16 GB of DDR4-2400 RAM, SSD - Samsung 970 Evo  500GB M.2 NVMe, 1TB HDD 7200.

Make sure you include the - character should it be included at the start of the key.

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

Here is what I got in my return e-mail, I don't see the characters you are talking about.

Your Radar Contact Version 4 key is IDBNHAFPOLHGDODMDMOLJQBKCHI#####

Copied and pasted of my e-mail. Should I ask for a fresh key again?

3 minutes ago, Scottl59 said:

Here is what I got in my return e-mail, I don't see the characters you are talking about.

Your Radar Contact Version 4 key is IDBNHAFPOLHGDODMDMOLJQBKCHI#####

Copied and pasted of my e-mail. Should I ask for a fresh key again?

Send me a PM with your product key.

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

Also, when pasting in your product, be sure spaces were not added to the beginning or end of the key as Windows is prone to do.

On 13/08/2017 at 8:04 AM, Dean33 said:

Why not request a fresh key?  If you use the automated system it emails back straight away. 

Just watch the automatic email it 'can' produce for you is great but it picks your default email address - which may not be the one you bought under. 

Hehe..... straightaway ?

In my experience yes. It's automated. 

UK P3DV5 and Xplane 11 Simmer
PilotEdge I11, CAT11, A-Z (ZLA), A-Z (WUS)

System details: Gigabyte P57v7 CF2 17.3" laptop. Kaby Lake i7 7700HQ CPU (averaging 3.4mhz). NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1070 8mb (laptop version), 16 GB of DDR4-2400 RAM, SSD - Samsung 970 Evo  500GB M.2 NVMe, 1TB HDD 7200.

Be sure your registration e-mail is sent in plain text and not HTML.

Plain text.....what is this, 1995 ?

Why not say that in the first place.

These forums are crammed full of people bemoaning the lack of response relating to key requests. I've been waiting a week, having sent numerous emails to different addresses.

Well, I'll try the plain text if I can remember how to even do it. I miss the damn program or I'd have given up on it long ago.

• Upvote 1

@Gabe777, it's a computer program that reads the email so the text needs to be standardised or non-proportional. That requires plain text such as Courier 10pt. If you use a proportional font such as Arial the program cannot read it - hence the lack of a reply.

There's no need to send multiple messages to multiple addresses. Providing you are sending from the same address used when you bought RC4 a plain text message that matches the required format will generate a response.

Ray (Cheshire, England).
Cheadle Hulme Weather

Problem is I cannot get hotmail.....which is now outlook..... to send in plain text.

I have tried using windows, webmail and from Android. It even creates a html link for the long number !

Can you help, I just want to run the program.....I miss being reprimanded for busting every single limit throughout the entire flight ! I'm a terrible pilot..... old but not bold, and it keeps me from becoming a danger to myself and the entire aviation community.

@Gabe777, does this help?

https://www.lifewire.com/send-a-message-in-plain-text-from-windows-live-hotmail-1172250

If it doesn't then send a message to Doug Thompson. You'll find his address in several registration topics. Include all relevant info so he can confirm you have a valid licence.

Ray (Cheshire, England).
Cheadle Hulme Weather