Sign in to follow this  
karmelk

walk around

Hello Chasplane friends,

On YouTube I watch quite some video's in which I see walk around 's. I have been experimenting in ChasePlane on how to accomplish this but till now with NO luck.

So I am turning to the experts hoping that someone will be so kind and point me in the right direction on how to set the settings/preferences accordingly.

Thanks in advance and kind regards

Dirk

Boeing777_Banner_Pilot.jpg

Hi all,

I would also like to know how to configure a walk-around. Does it only work for certain aircraft or all? I'd like to implement it for Concorde.

Are there any basic instructions for getting started? I'm reasonably good at working things out once I have been given a few clues.

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

Walkaround mode only works in the Static camera mode.

Simply go in static mode and move the camera to the ground to enable the Walkaround mode.

Regards,
Keven

• Upvote 1

Keven Menard 
Technical Director, //42

On 15/08/2017 at 3:29 AM, Keven Menard said:

Walkaround mode only works in the Static camera mode.

Simply go in static mode and move the camera to the ground to enable the Walkaround mode.

Regards,
Keven

Keven.

Did as you suggested but there's no perceptible movement of the static camera. Do any other settings need changing?

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

Is it possible for you to create a short video of you trying to make it work and post it here?

Keven Menard 
Technical Director, //42

Hi Keven,

After giving it some thought would I be correct in thinking the walkaround uses the external saved views and transitions through them thereby creating the illusion of a walkaround?

If that's the case they how does it cope with views that aren't ground based?

My 7-day licence expires tomorrow and I have decided to hold off buying CP until v1.0 is released. I really do want a version that isn't dependent of a permanent internet connection.

Thanks for the opportunity to trial it. I like it very much except for the need for a permanent internet connection.

Ray (Cheshire, England).
Cheadle Hulme Weather

Here is a simple demo of how it works. Are you getting the same results?

Keven Menard 
Technical Director, //42

28 minutes ago, Keven Menard said:

Here is a simple demo of how it works. Are you getting the same results?

No. When I clicked on that option the view changed to the rear of Concorde and remained static. I'll try with the Cub tomorrow if the software is still active. I notice that was with FSX. Should it work exactly the same with P3D?

Did the view change of its own accord or did you do something?

Ray (Cheshire, England).
Cheadle Hulme Weather

I simply moved the camera using the buttons I have assigned in the Preferences to move the camera.

Unless you get a message telling you that advanced features were disabled, it should work on all platforms.

Keven Menard 
Technical Director, //42

Thanks. I was under the impression it was an automated camera.

Ray (Cheshire, England).
Cheadle Hulme Weather

We are thinking of ways to do an automated walkaround process (a bit like what A2A does) but it's still far down out list of things to do!

Keven Menard 
Technical Director, //42

3 minutes ago, Keven Menard said:

We are thinking of ways to do an automated walkaround process (a bit like what A2A does) but it's still far down out list of things to do!

Agreed. It's not something high on my priorities.

Ray (Cheshire, England).
Cheadle Hulme Weather