Sign in to follow this  
Guest Peter Wilding

Ground Environment 2006 WOW!!!!!!

Guest Peter Wilding

The better way to deal with this too much autogen is to simply move the slider down a little. This way will mean the autogen lines up.Your way will mean you get builings in the middle of fileds and all sorts of miss-matches. That has to be much worst that moving to slider down if it's too much.Like we predicted: some are saying too much autogen and others too little. I wonder who is right?

Guest Peter Wilding

Just to claify Steve,GE has not been designed to especially work with Megasceneries. It just happens to have been tested with Megasceneries and the testers found it to be at least as well blending as default textures and some said better.There should be no problem at all.

Guest Peter Wilding

I think maybe it's best to unistall BEV first then install GE. If you then want to use BEV then un-install or maybe try intalling over GE? Anyway, it's best to use our textures installed over the dafaults but it may work just fine with or without uninstalling bEV first.

Guest Peter Wilding

I would strongly advise installing GE over a clean texture set. In other words uninstall FSScene and then put the defaluts back in or trust that the FSScene un-install has indeed un-installed correctly.Personally, for what little time it takes to be sure it's best to re-install the defaults from the main FS9 disks. I'm not sure what disk the files are on but I'm sure you can figure it out of post here and somebody will be able to help

Guest Peter Wilding

Privot Dmitri, kak della? or better still kak vee push she voi etc tea arh LOL My Russian wife would think this spelling is rather bad. LOLIn English, Hi mate, how's it goingI think GE should work just fine with Myworld. All we do is change the main base textures and match the autogen. We don't touch landclass in anyway or anything else that may spoil things for you.

Guest Peter Wilding

I think maybe it's best to unistall BEV first then install GE. If you then want to use BEV then un-install or maybe try intalling over GE? Anyway, it's best to use our textures installed over the dafaults but it may work just fine with or without uninstalling bEV first.

Guest bobby_macnair

Im having a couple of problems with this. - it is only a small area around the aircraft where the textures are sharp, its very easy to see the border, and after the border it is very blurry, and generally darker. Below is an extreme example of this, but you get the idea.http://forums.avsim.net/user_files/143217.jpg - will i need to change the autogen xml file back to how it orginally was. I changed it because i installed the FlightScenery Rhode Island scenery, and the website said its best to delete or rename it to help frames.Otherwise its fantastic. heres a shot i did of it....http://forums.avsim.net/user_files/143218.jpg

Guest bjg747

What a great addon!! Worth every penny!!Thanks so much for this great product!!John

Guest Cindy_Zoonan

Peter in my setup the autogen buildings look really large after installing GE. Is there a way to rescale the autogen buildings so they appear smaller? Many thanks and GE looks great. Very atmospheric.

Guest SteveJ

Thanks, Peter, for taking the time to respond.When you say "blending," do you mean how the the GE textures match up at the edges of the Megascenery coverage areas?I am assuming that since Megascenery is a photorealistic scenery that lays on top of the default that the basic textures within the Megascenery coverage area are not affected by GE. Is that correct?What I don't understand is if GE affects the area within the Megascenery coverage area in any other way....for example, is the autogen changed, and if so, how does that match up with the Megascenery layout.Apologize in advance if these questions are self-evident. I have just downloaded GE and I'm beginning to explore within my Megascenery Washington D.C. area where I live.....but it would be nice to have your expert answers on these questions nonetheless.Thanks again, Steve J.

Guest PPSFA

>Could someone who owns this...please post a pic or a link to>a pic that is taken over Bannings airport (KBNG) facing East>towards Palm springs (KPSP) ..probably 100-130 degrees?>say...at about 10000 feet?>>It would probably look something like this. But I don't belive>this location is the one I am talking about.>>http://www.flight1.com/images/groundenviro/ge20063.jpg>>Thanks..>>Manny>>Here ya go, over Bannning, 10K..heading directly for Palm Springs...Day and Night

Guest Peter Wilding

Thanks for the feedback. I'll ask Anthony to have a look at this. Can you contact Anthony on vos69@home.nl and give a situation file of the area where you think this is most noticable?

Guest Cindy_Zoonan

Thanks Pete, will do, best regards.

I enjoy GE very much, but I agree with another post about the disappearance of trees. After removing BEV and installing GE, the trees around the airports have decreased substantially. I'm talking specifically on final approach, the autogen trees in BEV made you "feel the speed" as you flew over them. Now unfortunately, I'm flying over very small trees and bushes that don't convey the same feel. Larger trees within a couple hundred yards of the runway add immensely to VC flying. That's my two cents for what it's worth.

In addition to needing a few more trees, a reduction in the height of some of the buildings would be welcomed.Other than those two minor fixes - WOW! The new textures created a VERY positive increase in my frame rates. As a test I set by FPS slider to 25, and moved most of my other sliders to max, with the exception to clouds (high) and I achieve FPS of 25 through downtown Seattle.Nice job Peter and Team.Tom