Sign in to follow this  
Guest Peter Wilding

Ground Environment 2006 WOW!!!!!!

Guest Peter Wilding

yes, I understand what you are saying here.BEV made a lot of shub areas like use larger trees in place of them. This was the style of the artist. We on the ohter hand felt Micosoft know what they are doing and that if they said these trees should be shubs and smaller trees then that's what we would do to.Now don't get me wrong. I'm not saying that BEV are wrong and we are right. Far from it. I'm just saying that some places that you are used to giving a specific look using BEV will of course not look the same with ours.The plus side of our way is that there should be more diveristy overall thoughout the world.In places ours will look more realistic and in others BEV will. What fixes one thing breaks another. We can't have it both ways. We have to work within the limits of the game and the landclassI hope on balance you like the overall effect we offer our customers?

Guest Pike

>Ive bought Ground Environment tonight from Flight 1 and I am>now flying in a FS world that I have never seen before its>amazing, >>Excellent 100% worth the money!!!!!!I hate to be a party pooper here, but I find it somewhat fishy that a poster that joined up TODAY makes his first post gleefully exclaiming how wonderful this product is. I have no proof, and as such cannot accuse anyone of anything (can't anyway b/c of the TOS) but this looks like really blatant self-promotion.

Guest panda234

"I find it somewhat fishy"and everyone agrees with him. Dosn't sound too fishy to me. billg

"but I find it somewhat fishy"This is not my first post here but it is the first time I've used a scenerytexture package because I need to test with a default sim.I will say that I have been very impressed with GE and have experienced nothing negative with this package at all!Would post some beautiful shots but would be accused of proclaiming how wonderful the product is andor catering to a fellow developer.So I'll just say Fine work Peter and Team!!

Best Regards,

Ron Hamilton PP|ASEL

Forumsig16.png

Peter and team.....Great job! One question and a seperate issue if you can answer it? I am flying during the day Feburary 24th,between KSEA and KPAE... there are no hard winter textures? Or do I need to go back a week or two? Ok, here is the other question.I also started having a few stutters in spot and panning in VC since my installation.(I did a defrag already) I don't think it's GE causing it. The reason I am asking is, you may know what to do for this problem, as you are obviously a master at textures. I restored all of my textures PreBEV before installing GE, But I think I had some lingering stuff from AEU7 like runways. I noticed that right away.(If they cause stutters)This one has me stumped, as it's been so long. I don't know where my performance went. As I said, I know it can't be the GE doing it, but I am at a loss what to try next without messing things up further. Thanks for your amazing work on GE and congrats on its release.

Guest fox450

Hi Jeff,Contact me on vos69@home.nlAs to regards of more trees and smaller buildings, I am working on an update with more trees and smaller buildings for some sub and urban texture sets. ;)

Guest Pike

>"I find it somewhat fishy">>and everyone agrees with him. Dosn't sound too fishy to me. >>billgSir, I didn't state that the product wasn't of good quality, I'm sure its a fine product, you totally missed the point of my post. I just stated that it looked a bit blatant, hey if I'm wrong I'm wrong---and if the good reviews keep pouring in, then I will certainly give GE a try---FE is something I couldn't possibly live with out anymore. I have been told though that GE on par with BEV, but not better, so I'll be waiting for a few more reviews.

My experience building photo scenery, is that it needs to color-match with the landclass textures, esp. for greens in order not to look "strange" at the edge. I've experimented with blending photos with LC textures at the edges too. I don't have any Megas, so I don't know what they do at the edge of their coverage areas.scott s..

>The better way to deal with this too much autogen is to>simply move the slider down a little. This way will mean the>autogen lines up.>>Your way will mean you get builings in the middle of fileds>and all sorts of miss-matches. That has to be much worst that>moving to slider down if it's too much.>>Like we predicted: some are saying too much autogen and others>too little. I wonder who is right?The issue with me is not just the density of the autogen scenery its the type.In that area of AZ (sub-urban), it mostly houses and small buildings which are represented okay with the default autogen. But with the GE autogen there are many multi-story buildings. So moving the slider back to the point that its acceptable in that area, then means in the urban areas where I would prefer to see these buildings densly shown that area is sparse.Perhaps the update for the sub and urban texture sets Anthony is working on will be the best solution for this.Regards.Ernie.

ea_avsim_sig.jpg

Guest fox450

Hi Cindy,I appreciate your kind words, and i would like to thank you for that.As to regard of the autogen, I am working on an update which will be available as soon as possible, maybe even tonight.With smaller more appropiate buildings and more trees.If you like, contact me via vos69@home.nl and I am happy to provide you with some autogen files for you to test. Maybe you could give me some advise on how your area should look like?Anthony VosDeveloper of Ground Environment

I bought it last night and am very impressed. I have never had Autogen enabled due to it hitting frame rates hard. But with GE I can now have autogen slider nearly to the max and my rates have certainly improved.I tested with AI at 100% and autogen highest and the sim was still flyable.An excellent addition to any simmers addons in my opinion, well done guys.RegardsDrayton

Guest fox450

Hi guys, about this problem , this may be the cause by a setting in the FS9.CFG file;here is how mine looks, and it causes the sim to draw the textures a lot further away (in short)TERRAIN_DEFAULT_RADIUS=9.000000TERRAIN_EXTENDED_RADIUS=9.0000000TERRAIN_EXTENDED_LEVELS=1worth a try,If it does not work, contact me via vos69@home.nl and we will work through some steps

I realize there is a delicate balance here. You've done an excellent job of creating a realistic looking ground environment, and the night lighting is good as well. The other part of simulation is the "feel" part, where BEV placed larger trees around the airports that created the sense of speed, and I do miss that. If you can modify your program in any way to bring that sense of speed around the airport, it would be wonderful. Microsoft didn't address that with FS9 and I have to search for addons to get that into the sim.

Guest Debosonic

I want to buy GE and / or NE (night environment). How good is the night textures of GE? Is there a need to get the night environment package from zinertek when one has GE??