Sign in to follow this  
JYW

Major headaches activating JAR A330 XP11

Hi folks,

I recently paid the upgrade fee to go from the XP10 to the XP11 version of the JAR A330.

When I loaded the plane the first time, I got lot's of red SASL errors, and when I tried to enter my serial number I got "activation error".

I then learned of a manual way of activating (via the SASL website) but when I generated my activation key and placed it where instructed in the A330 root folder, I get exactly the same thing on loading the plane - the activation window still appears, along with lot's or red error messages saying that the "A330 aircraft systems (SASL) have not activated!".

Before I start the process of going through JAR's support with this, I just thought I'd ask in this (more familiar) community, to see if anyone knows what the problem might be?

I am using XP 11.05, and the latest version of the A330 (2.2 RC1), which is stated as being compatible with XP 11.05.

Thanks.

Bill

UK LAPL-A (Formerly NPPL-A and -M)

I just did the same thing.  Dis you unzip the file first? Inside the unzipped folder you should see _MACOSX   and OpenMeAndRead.  Inside OpenMe is the 330_JARDesign for Windows.  Just put that in your airplane folder.  Activate with your original code.

Dennis

Dennis Elliott

1 hour ago, sunnydaze said:

I just did the same thing.  Dis you unzip the file first? Inside the unzipped folder you should see _MACOSX   and OpenMeAndRead.  Inside OpenMe is the 330_JARDesign for Windows.  Just put that in your airplane folder.  Activate with your original code.

Dennis

Yes, I unzipped the file ... and placed the aircraft folder into the correct location.

The issue concerns some sort of issue / conflict with the SASL plug in, used by the aircraft.

Bill

UK LAPL-A (Formerly NPPL-A and -M)