Sign in to follow this  
Wennerholm

HDG mode

I've noted a strange thing in the 747. During a normal flight today, the aircraft changes course and in the same time HDG, ALT and Speed switches stop working. Normally I can change HDG, Speed and ALT during auto flight with these switches (the 747 is in HDG mode). When I restart the AS16, everything works normally again. Does anyone have knowledge of what this depends on? I have programmed AS16 to Easy mode.  

Just now, Captain Kevin said:

What do you mean they stop working.

When I change value with the switches, normally the 747 follow the new value input. But in this case new input does nothing. No change in hdg, speed or alt. I can physically turn the switches but they do not follow new input as they done only a few Nm before the incident. Tank you for your consern.

5 minutes ago, Ken Wennerholm said:

When I change value with the switches, normally the 747 follow the new value input. But in this case new input does nothing. No change in hdg, speed or alt. I can physically turn the switches but they do not follow new input as they do only a few Nm before. 

I’m guessing you’re not in hdg select mode. You have to push the heading knob inwards to set hdg select. 

Just now, PMDG777 said:

I’m guessing you’re not in hdg select mode. You have to push the heading knob inwards to set hdg select. 

I am in the HDG Select mode

33 minutes ago, Ken Wennerholm said:

I am in the HDG Select mode

So when you set the heading and push in the heading knob, the aircraft doesn't turn?

Just now, PMDG777 said:

So when you set the heading and push in the heading knob, the aircraft doesn't turn?

I  turn in a new value in FMC and push the HDG knob but the 747 do not follow my new input. Just a few minutes ago I manage to climb and turn left after input new HDG and ALT during auto flight.

Just now, Ken Wennerholm said:

I push the HDG knob and turn in a new value in FMC but the 747 do not follow my the new input. Just a few minutes ago I manage to climb and turn left after input new HDG and ALT during autoflt.

Hmm. Unless you have something interfering and trying to control the autopilot, there is no reason that it should not work. I'd have a look at all your addons and try and think if any might interfere with PMDG.

Just now, PMDG777 said:

Hmm. Unless you have something interfering and trying to control the autopilot, there is no reason that it should not work. I'd have a look at all your addons and try and think if any might interfere with PMDG.

I use to put in a flight plan into the AS16 and that route is quite a big different compere to my 747 FMC route. I also use the EZDOK cam.

Just now, Ken Wennerholm said:

I use to put in a flight plan into the AS16 and that route si quite a big different compere to my 747 FMC route.

Go to FMC > PMDG Setup > Options > Simulation > Page 8.

Set SIM PLN FILE FOR WX to "Create and load to sim".

In Active Sky : 

Go to Options > General Options > Auto Load simulator flight plan > tick the box.

After this, you won't need to load a plan in AS16, when you load a plan into the FMC and execute, it will automatically load the exact same plan into AS16.

Ken,

Based on the number of threads I've seen you put up on the forum in the past week or so, I think it would be prudent to step back for a moment and peel the sim back quite a bit. You seem to have stuffed your sim full of add-ons that make the whole experience a lot more complicated, when you're also trying to learn to understand complicated aircraft.

Not only is it tough to learn how to fly a complex aircraft, a lot of the add-ons you've installed have also been causing the already complex aircraft to behave improperly. I'd suggest turning off everything: weather, EZDOK (especially the camera shake feature, which isn't camera shake as much as "feature that violently beats the aircraft in order to simulate camera shake," which will obviously cause flight model problems), and any other add-on. Keep it to the basics. Then, add things in, one-by-one, and see which one is starting to cause all of the issues.

Kyle Rodgers

Just now, PMDG777 said:

Go to FMC > PMDG Setup > Options > Simulation > Page 8.

Set SIM PLN FILE FOR WX to "Create and load to sim".

In Active Sky : 

Go to Options > General Options > Auto Load simulator flight plan > tick the box.

After this, you won't need to load a plan in AS16, when you load a plan into the FMC and execute, it will automatically load the exact same plan into AS16.

Ah! Very good! I going to do this input right away!

Just now, scandinavian13 said:

Ken,

Based on the number of threads I've seen you put up on the forum in the past week or so, I think it would be prudent to step back for a moment and peel the sim back quite a bit. You seem to have stuffed your sim full of add-ons that make the whole experience a lot more complicated, when you're also trying to learn to understand complicated aircraft.

Not only is it tough to learn how to fly a complex aircraft, a lot of the add-ons you've installed have also been causing the already complex aircraft to behave improperly. I'd suggest turning off everything: weather, EZDOK (especially the camera shake feature, which isn't camera shake as much as "feature that violently beats the aircraft in order to simulate camera shake," which will obviously cause flight model problems), and any other add-on. Keep it to the basics. Then, add things in, one-by-one, and see which one is starting to cause all of the issues.

Good suggest! I use to fly the F/A 18E from VRS company and everything works out fine. The 747 is a little bit bigger so i have to troubleshot my add on kompatibilitet with the complex 747. The cam shake seams to create trouble because it is to sensitive. The earlier EZDOK was a better product if I my say so.

Ken, if you would like, I would be willing to take you up for some shared-cockpit flight in the 747 or 777.

Ride with me and we can go through a simple flight somewhere in Asia (short flight times) and I will try to teach you about the various steps of the flight from cold and dark cockpit, takeoff, climb, cruise, descent, landing and shutdown.

That should give you a solid foundation on how to fly the aircraft. Most of the systems of the 777 and 747 are very similar, so afterwards you should be able to operate both aircraft proficiently.

A quick note, I don't think that PMDG actually supports shared cockpit, but I can do a livestream with you and you can have your sim open at the same time and follow me through and watch as I do the flight. Not quite as good as a shared cockpit but basically you will learn to do the same things.