Sign in to follow this  
Sesquashtoo

Scenery not found...when scenery compiles...

Well, I think FSW found the scenery files in the generic scenery and texture folder of Add On...but FSW crashed in trying to load in LatinVFR's key west, lol

GOT it!   What I did, was merely add ALL of the five scenery folder files that were in each of the 5 PNW folders, for the Caribbean,  and place them all, into the Add On\Scenery folder that is in the root directory. You know the ones...same as FSX...Scenery and Texture. All the scenery files for the whole series are all together in the ROOT level of the generic Scenery Folder.  Not, in 5 Scenery folders, merely copied over.

Here are the ships at Guadeloupe from the PNW series of scenery.  Not only that...but the boats are also animated!

20170813152053_1.jpg

So...now I have to figure out a way to actually FORCE FSW to see folders inside the Add On scenery root folder...where FSX and P3D picks them up, no problem...

31 minutes ago, AndyUK said:

Not sure the @IDS_AREA numbering is significant.  The areas I've added don't have a number in that line nor do some of the default entries

Further experimentation shows that @IDS_AREA isn't required in the Title= line, the scenery seems to load and show without it.  May be a good idea to keep using it though as there may be a use for it that I'm not aware of in the current version or in the future.

20 minutes ago, Sesquashtoo said:

So...now I have to figure out a way to actually FORCE FSW to see folders inside the Add On scenery root folder...

Have you tried using the full path to the folders in question as you would if they were located outside the FSW folder structure?

6 minutes ago, AndyUK said:

Have you tried using the full path to the folders in question as you would if they located outside the FSW folder structure?

No, not yet..but here are some grabs from my first flight with the scenery installed. It looks amazing!  FSW is gonna rock, when all the dust settles...

...and can you run me through how you put that into your scenery.cfg ?  I mean, the system pathways...to those folders...

I now have the entire Carib as custom, same now as in my FSX and P3D!  Wow...this is exciting, guys 'n gals!

20170813153346_1.jpg

20170813153441_1.jpg

20170813153755_1.jpg

20170813153810_1.jpg

For those that want all of PWS's fabulous and entire (five folder series of the islands...) quick n' dirty...

Just download all five zips...and place all of the files from those five folders (Scenery) into the Add On (root Scenery Folder)...place all of the five scenery folder contents into the one root Scenery Folder...and you will be good to go.  Place yourself in one of the two airports I show...and have a blast exploring your new, detailed Caribbean-Wide, scenery.  You can figure out how to add other scenery, later...I guess the proper way..but this works for the Carib as shown!

Here's a few more of the now installed PWS series for the Carib...just to show you it can be accepted by FSW and used...!

20170813155243_1.jpg

20170813155300_1.jpg

20170813155311_1.jpg

20170813155333_1.jpg

20170813155351_1.jpg

20170813155632_1.jpg

20170813155650_1.jpg

20170813155753_1.jpg

20170813160136_1.jpg

20170813160219_1.jpg

20170813160405_1.jpg

20170813160658_1.jpg

20170813160714_1.jpg

20170813160745_1.jpg

20170813160814_1.jpg

20170813160852_1.jpg

24 minutes ago, Sesquashtoo said:

...and can you run me through how you put that into your scenery.cfg ?  I mean, the system pathways...to those folders...

I've got my copy of FSW installed on drive L: so for example where you had:

[Area.127]
Title=@IDS_AREA127_PWS_Vol_1
Local=Addon Scenery\PWS_Vol_1
Layer=127
Active=TRUE
Required=FALSE

I'd try:

[Area.127]
Local=L:\Steam\steamapps\common\FSW\Addon Scenery\PWS_Vol_1
Layer=127
Active=TRUE
Required=FALSE

Obviously you'll need to change the part before steamapps\common\FSW\Addon Scenery\PWS_Vol_1 to reflect where you've got FSW installed.

5 minutes ago, AndyUK said:

I've got my copy of FSW installed on drive L: so for example where you had:

[Area.127]
Local=Addon Scenery\PWS_Vol_1
Layer=127
Active=TRUE
Required=FALSE

I'd try:

[Area.127]
Local=L:\Steam\steamapps\common\FSW\Addon Scenery\PWS_Vol_1
Layer=127
Active=TRUE
Required=FALSE

Obviously you'll need to change the part before steamapps\common\FSW\Addon Scenery\PWS_Vol_1 to reflect where you've got FSW installed.

Thanks for all of this, Andy...thank you...will try all and everything, and report back what flawlessy worked.  As you can see above...the rendering if just great. What new life it adds to FSW's Carib!

I'm going to remove all the files from the Addon Scenery\Scenery Folder, and then add the proper .cfg's as you show here...but with my locations...and see if all five volumes get picked up.

Mitch

8 minutes ago, Sesquashtoo said:

Here's a few more of the now installed PNW series for the Carib...just to show you it can be accepted by FSW and used...!

The shorelines look nice. Might be something to look into. Flying GA VFR in the Carib on a sunny day with some puffy clouds...

It worked, folks...by using the actual system address of the FSW Add On Scenery Folder on my system such as:

Obviously, you can't merely copy and paste these entries...for I have a custom name for my STEAM file folder, and you might not have an 'H' drive, lol

Cheers,

[Area.127]
Title=@IDS_AREA122_PWSVol 1
Local=H:\Flight Sim World\steamapps\common\FSW\Addon Scenery\PWS Vol 1
Layer=127
Active=TRUE
Required=FALSE

[Area.128]
Title=@IDS_AREA123_PWS Vol 2
Local=H:\Flight Sim World\steamapps\common\FSW\Addon Scenery\PWS Vol 2
Layer=128
Active=TRUE
Required=FALSE

[Area.129]
Title=@IDS_AREA124_PWS Vol 3
Local=H:\Flight Sim World\steamapps\common\FSW\Addon Scenery\PWS Vol 3
Layer=129
Active=TRUE
Required=FALSE

[Area.130]
Title=@IDS_AREA125_PWS Vol 4
Local=H:\Flight Sim World\steamapps\common\FSW\Addon Scenery\PWS Vol 4
Layer=130
Active=TRUE
Required=FALSE

[Area.131]
Title=@IDS_AREA126_PWS Vol 5
Local=H:\Flight Sim World\steamapps\common\FSW\Addon Scenery\PWS Vol 5
Layer=131
Active=TRUE
Required=FALSE

[Area.132]
Title=@IDS_AREA127_LatinVFR\Key West_V2
Local=H:\Flight Sim World\steamapps\common\FSW\Addon Scenery\LatinVFR\Key West_V2
Layer=132
Active=TRUE
Required=FALSE

and here is a shot of one of the PNW sceneries...totally works...now will test for LatinVFR's Key West!

20170813163016_1.jpg

Thanks for everybody's total input.  The Eagle has landed....now for some fun exploration and island hopping...FSW style....

• Upvote 1

20 minutes ago, switch686 said:

The shorelines look nice. Might be something to look into. Flying GA VFR in the Carib on a sunny day with some puffy clouds...

Oh yes...this same Carib series by PWS in my book, is a must if you even are thinking of flying through and over the Carib.  This is most excellent and detailed work.

You have great sandy beaches as you see here...gobs of marine activity, condos....commercial structures....all of it. It's all there in FSW now.

BTW, it is painless if you capture the system address of the Add On Scenery Folder, and them use that in the LOCAL= line...

What I have in the above thread worked like a charm. I'm now going to check out LatinVFR's Key West V2. If that load in...then I will address all the other fabulous Latin VFR's that I have.  Then..I'm going to go crazy bringing in all my other FSX goodies...by the same way...but keep them in their places and just use my FSX:SE and P3D address for that...

Cheers!

Mitch

Great work Ses and Andy! And those screenshots are stunning!

1 hour ago, A32xx said:

Great work Ses and Andy! And those screenshots are stunning!

The Carib looks FANTASTIC, inside FSW!  The clouds...gawd..those TrueSky clouds in the Carib, as I blast over the ships at sea...is just fabulous!

Having the time of my life! :))))))

Mitch

Wow Sesquashtoo, those screenies are amazing. Sorry if I misled you about those other scenery.cfg files. I tried doing Orbx transfers and install but gave up. Now use the quick and dirty add on scenery route for photo real that does not require scenery.cfg changes. Your screenies make me wonder though...... :biggrin: