Sign in to follow this  
Sesquashtoo

Scenery not found...when scenery compiles...

For now, the scenery.cfg changes are very simple once one gets the location right, which they figured out already, until something better comes along.  Videos coming shortly showing a Grenada flight with default scenery and a 2nd with PWS and FreeMeshX scenery, so you all can decide for yourselves.

Thanks for the tip about the PWS scenery for the Caribbean.  Anything free is better for me, right now.... :)

Both flights are with Sunny Skies weather in Piper PA-18 Super Cub

FSW Default Scenery Grenada flight

FSW Grenada flight with FreeMeshX & PWS installed - Palm trees!!!. Both [TrafficManager] boat values in FSW.cfg set to 25

Just tried everything in this thread;  placing the UK2000 Bristol folder into FSW/Addon Scenery and then entering this into the Program Data/Scenery.cfg  :-

[Area.127]
Title=@IDS_AREA122_UK2000_Bristol_Xtreme
Local=C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\FSW\Addon Scenery\UK2000_Bristol_Xtreme
Layer=127
Active=TRUE
Required=FALSE

.....but still get a CTD as soon as I click on the Flight Planner.... :blink:

Bill

UK LAPL-A (Formerly NPPL-A and -M)

I think someone has already posted to say that the Xtreme versions of the UK2000 airports aren't compatible with FSW, this seems to be further evidence of that.

FWIW I get a crash if I click on Southampton (EGHI) in the Flight Planner with the non-Xtreme UK2000 version of that airport in my FSW scenery.cfg, so tread carefully!

4 minutes ago, AndyUK said:

I think someone has already posted to say that the Xtreme versions of the UK2000 airports aren't compatible with FSW, this seems to be further evidence of that.

FWIW I get a crash if I click on Southampton (EGHI) in the Flight Planner with the non-Xtreme UK2000 version of that airport in my FSW scenery.cfg, so tread carefully!

Ahh, thanks Andy, I keep seeing posts on here of people saying they have their UK2000 scenery working fine in FSW but perhaps they mean the VFR Airports range.

Cheers, was following everything to the letter and tearing my hair out, so it;s good to know that it's just an incompatibiltiy rather than me doing anything wrong! :)

Bill

Got FlyTampa Grenadines installed into FSW (sort of)..... results aren't great.  Horribly blurry ground textures, elevation issues on the runway, etc.    Not going to mess around installing airports into FSW at this point as I think the results will be inconsistant.   But looking forward to some proper compatibility.

43434310.jpg

Bill

I had the vfr airports vol 1-3 installed.

They worked until the cold & dark update.

I think the afcads have changed.

Move all files with name containing af2 out of the uk2000 scenery folders and they work again.

6 hours ago, JYW said:

Got FlyTampa Grenadines installed into FSW (sort of)..... results aren't great.  Horribly blurry ground textures, elevation issues on the runway, etc.    Not going to mess around installing airports into FSW at this point as I think the results will be inconsistant.   But looking forward to some proper compatibility.

43434310.jpg

I agree.  The two products that install with no artifacts...and run, are the Full PWS Caribbean scenery package

http://www.strikingsoftware.com/pws.shtml

(and in my view a simply must have!) and Pilot's Global FSX1010 Custom Mesh package.  If you have it in either FSX boxed/SE, or P3D whatever...you don't install again, you merely capture the folder system addresses of each folder...and them make scenery layer adjustments with LocalMesh as your first entry.  Easy as pie...and the mesh really adds to every hill, mountain, cliff, valley...the whole shebang.

As my first Orbx product...I chose KORS (as I was flying in that area...) and while it did load in...with SOME, not ALL, elements...it was not seamless. I had your experience, craters and elevation issues. About half the visual elements were rendered. A fail..

I am not going to further bother to load in anything more than my two top choices. They work, flawlessly, and will just wait for 3PD's, to legitimately (scenery and aircraft, A.I. included...) come on-board with their conversions, or totally new products.  I'm happy right now...and PWS Carib looks fabulous...no artifacts found so far!!!!

Mitch

• Upvote 1

Grenada does have a building on one runway, but not sure it that's FreeMeshX or PWS... Building wasn't there in default FSW.  Have to mess around more...

10 minutes ago, theohall65 said:

Grenada does have a building on one runway, but not sure it that's FreeMeshX or PWS... Building wasn't there in default FSW.  Have to mess around more...

10 minutes ago, theohall65 said:

I'll have to fly from there...and see.  I am running Pilot's FSX Global 2010 mesh, from off of it installed in FSX:SE and P3D v3.4