Sign in to follow this  
sightseer

FSW "Grey and Rainy"

All of these except for the first one are pics from a flight I took yesterday with the Grey and Rainy theme from KMRY to KSTS.

I thought the clouds looked really good.  just about all of it did really...

FSW170812_001.jpg

FSW170812_002.jpg

FSW170812_003.jpg

FSW170812_004.jpg

FSW170812_005.jpg

FSW170812_006.jpg

FSW170812_008.jpg

FSW170812_009.jpg

FSW170812_010.jpg

Its an amazing thing when the Orbx ground scenery is the most detracting part :ohmy:

• Upvote 5

|   Dave   |    I've been around for most of my life.

There's always a sunset happening somewhere in the world that somebody is enjoying.

Great looking shots...love those!

HLJAMES

• Upvote 1

24 minutes ago, HLJames said:

Great looking shots...love those!

HLJAMES

What he said!

• Upvote 1

Mario Di Lauro

Pretty good!  Definitely the best rain on windscreen I've ever seen!  I really don't think the sim has a future but for the price I might buy it and go exploring.  There's some lovely eye candy in it :)

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

37 minutes ago, ryanbatcund said:

Pretty good!  Definitely the best rain on windscreen I've ever seen!  I really don't think the sim has a future but for the price I might buy it and go exploring.  There's some lovely eye candy in it :)

It won't succeed at $25?! Lol!! That's the funniest thing I heard all week. AFS2 doesn't even offer the world and its twice that much money and nearly the same thing as its predecessor. Its nearly a 1/10th the price of P3D and it looks REMARKABLY better than P3D does by default. Don't be ridiculous. 

• Upvote 1

Let me guess.... you want 64bit. 

Josh Daniels-Johannson

47 minutes ago, ryanbatcund said:

As with all sims, its future will hinge on big name developers moving over and developing for this platform.

NAX669.png

Thumbs up, it's getting there. No cloud shadows are a bit obvious but weather is very well done.

The first shot must be one of the most atmospheric flight sim shots I have ever seen. If FSW did not have the legacy scenery system, I would jump in right away. But there is hope that Laminar will integrate Truesky one day.

-

Belligerent X-Plane 12 enthusiast on Apple M1 Max 64GB

3 hours ago, mwilk said:

As with all sims, its future will hinge on big name developers moving over and developing for this platform.

This is precisely what I mean.  Unless something changed the last I heard was DT wasn't allowing third party addons outside of the Steam store - is this not the case?

why did Flight fail?  The real reason was because no third party addons.  Let's be honest - this is what makes sims popular.

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

On 8/13/2017 at 5:14 PM, Colonel X said:

The first shot must be one of the most atmospheric flight sim shots I have ever seen. If FSW did not have the legacy scenery system, I would jump in right away. But there is hope that Laminar will integrate Truesky one day.

+1 for most atmospheric! As I stated in another thread, FSW has 'soul'....:)

Looks great! I assume the perfect mix would be photoscenery to go with this. So true: Its an amazing thing when the Orbx ground scenery is the most detracting part.

On 8/14/2017 at 0:39 AM, ryanbatcund said:

This is precisely what I mean.  Unless something changed the last I heard was DT wasn't allowing third party addons outside of the Steam store - is this not the case?

No, this is not the case.

Well that's good for users then!  Does anyone publish addons for FSW yet?

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |

Not yet, there isn't an SDK  as far as I know. We'll have to wait and see... I don't think it'll be ready this year, and maybe not even next year, but it's a space well worth watching, I think.