Sign in to follow this  
Dusk

Top 10 Reasons FSW will be the next "Flight Simulator 2017"

Interesting take on FSW by Jordon King

Not sure I agree with all his points, but makes some valid observations

• Upvote 2

System: AMD Ryzen 9 5950X @ 4.2GHz, 2x16GB DDR4 2600MHz CL18 RAM, EVGA RTX 3090 FTW, Samsung 840 Pro SSD 1TB, Samsung 840 Pro SSD 512GB, Seagate 2TB HDD, Windows 11 Pro 64bit, Thrustmaster Hotas Warthog.

This may very well end up being a great flightsim release... but there certainly have been other Entertainment Releases since FSX...

- MS FLight

- Dovetail Flight School

both of which flopped..

So, lets wait and see :cool:

Bert

This can't be my sim of choice until major players like FSLabs or PMDG are onboard with FSW. I could see it become my sim of choice for GA though, this Trusky looks mighty good :)

John.

• Upvote 1

So, essentially a video repeating what I and several other people have been saying on the Avsim DTG Flight Sim World forum for months.

• Upvote 2

Alan Bradbury

Check out my youtube flight sim videos: Here

I'm very conscious that DTG-Martin kept reiterating that the new sim would require two to three years development to put in all the stuff they had in mind. Now maybe DTG have bought in some functions that they originally planned to redevelop themselves and perhaps they've increased the size of the team but I still believe FSW needs another year or so to complete development of the major sim functions.

That's not to say that FSW won't exit EA some time later this year. I just hope that FSW is in a "good enough" state to hack it as a release product with a rather higher purchase price. It would be a shame for DTG to blow the favourable response it's starting to receive. I believe much will depend on whether DTG continue delivering updated functions without requiring full repurchase of "major versions" until all the major functions have been reworked and are in a stable state.

Give people power to really test their personality.

Very good review. Hopefully it will be watched by many fence sitters and encorage them to come onboard.

I agree with most of his points apart from the title it may be the next best flight simulator 2018/19 or 2020 but considering its mid August it's too late to say it's the best next gen sim for the 2017 In my opinion.

looking forward to its future though 

Stephen

Asus Z170 Deluxe, 32 GB DDR4 Dominator Platinum, i7 6700k mild overclock, GTX Titan ( Pascal ) Win10

So its going to be the go to simulator in 2017???? Only 4 1/2 months left left in 2017 and its absolute junk! With the number of people investing in P3Dv4 I think DTG and FSW is about a year or more too late! I am not interested in anything TDG has to offer.

• Upvote 3

Pete Richards

Aussie born, Sydney (YSSY) living in Whitehorse, Yukon (CYXY)

Windows 11 Pro loaded on a Sabrent 1TB Rocket Nvme PCIe 4.0, Ryzen 9 7950x3d, MSI X670-Pro Wifi Motherboard, MSI RTX 4070 Ti Ventus 3X 12G OC, 64GB DDR5-6000 C30 Corsair Vengeance, 2x 1TB Samsung 960 Pro NVMe for MSFS2020, 4TB Seagate BarraCuda HD, Corsair RMx 1000W PSU, NZXT Kraken X63 280mm AIO, Phanteks P600S Case.

Nor that the other sims are stopping to develop either  and who knows

• Upvote 1

I wasn't one to jump immediately into FSX when it released. This sim is no different. Going to wait until it matures a bit before diving into it.

They have a very long way to go before it is the flight simulator of any year.

I take a review from a guy who is sponsored by flight sim products with a grain of salt. There are a lot 'but no quite yet' comments in this video. Not quite yet the flight sim of 2017........?

FSW has so many features missing, like real world weather - come on, really, Autogen popping, Autogen minimal radius, old ground texture issues, cartoonish looking grey bands, passing as roads.... the list is almost endless, but at least very long.

They can't hide the fact that it is an old architecture with many limitations.

As Mr. King pointed out, any flight sim lives from 3rd party, otherwise it will die a slow (or fast) death. Dovetails 3rd party policy is dismal to say the least, as major 3rd party developers have pointed out recently. To my knowledge nothing has changed in this regard.

Until it looks like a new sim, I will not be supporting it.

Cheers.

Most of what is said on the Internet may be the same thing they shovel on the regular basis at the local barn.

2 hours ago, Chock said:

So, essentially a video repeating what I and several other people have been saying on the Avsim DTG Flight Sim World forum for months.

The first time I even heard of FSW, was from his videos. 

The way I look at it, if this was P3D, people would be raving and ranting about it. But since its FSW, everyone has a hyper critical opinion because they don't have any investment into this sim yet. But it is absurd to look at P3D and FSW and think, for even a moment, that FSW is a lesser sim. It frankly provides nearly every visual improvement everyone has been begging for and at a price that isn't absurd for "point" releases, and without a complex and uninviting EULA. If P3D has it, FSW has it under the hood, so people's concerns about "realism" are just absurd as well. They are the same sim, but this one is actually offering more than cloud shadows. 

• Upvote 11

Let me guess.... you want 64bit. 

Josh Daniels-Johannson

1 hour ago, YukonPete said:

So its going to be the go to simulator in 2017???? Only 4 1/2 months left left in 2017 and its absolute junk! With the number of people investing in P3Dv4 I think DTG and FSW is about a year or more too late!

It will be interesting to see how the numbers balance out when FSW out of early access and LM start to enforce the terms of their EULA and P3D suddenly costs a lot more people $200 rather than the $60 they're paying now.

• Upvote 1

Some of the comments seem rather harsh. Are we forgetting this is in early access and needs time to mature. They are now on update 9 and have been improving FSW with each update. If DTG can keep the pace up then it could turn out to be a very good sim.

Agree there are a lot of issues that need to be addressed however.

• Upvote 1

System: AMD Ryzen 9 5950X @ 4.2GHz, 2x16GB DDR4 2600MHz CL18 RAM, EVGA RTX 3090 FTW, Samsung 840 Pro SSD 1TB, Samsung 840 Pro SSD 512GB, Seagate 2TB HDD, Windows 11 Pro 64bit, Thrustmaster Hotas Warthog.