Sign in to follow this  
Dusk

Top 10 Reasons FSW will be the next "Flight Simulator 2017"

2 hours ago, YukonPete said:

So its going to be the go to simulator in 2017???? Only 4 1/2 months left left in 2017 and its absolute junk! With the number of people investing in P3Dv4 I think DTG and FSW is about a year or more too late! I am not interested in anything TDG has to offer.

If DTG sell only 30% of what FSX:SE sold on steam then they will only have 250,000 + sales.

Ray Fry.

Raymond Fry.

PMDG_Banner_747_Enthusiast.jpg

42 minutes ago, Dusk_Reaper said:

Some of the comments seem rather harsh.

You can't blame them really. If I'd paid all that money all those times for P3D, I'd be pretty P!$$3D right now too!

• Upvote 6

1 hour ago, TheFlightSimGuy said:

The way I look at it, if this was P3D, people would be raving and ranting about it. But since its FSW, everyone has a hyper critical opinion because they don't have any investment into this sim yet. But it is absurd to look at P3D and FSW and think, for even a moment, that FSW is a lesser sim...

Really???  :blush:

Bert

15 minutes ago, Bert Pieke said:

Really???  :blush:

Which one looks better to you? Which one is v3 and which one is v4? Is one maybe v2.5? Lets be honest, FSW is the best any MSFS sim has ever looked. 

Remind me why either one of these is worth $200 (plus the cost of addons) if I'm not a kid in school? It's the best option we had, so I paid it, but I can't wait to leave this thing for a good looking sim without having to do a total platform change. 

Prepar3D_2017-05-29_23-15-08.jpg

Prepar3D_2017-05-29_22-46-26-2.jpg

• Upvote 3

Let me guess.... you want 64bit. 

Josh Daniels-Johannson

15 minutes ago, TheFlightSimGuy said:

Which one looks better to you? Which one is v3 and which one is v4? Is one maybe v2.5? Lets be honest, FSW is the best any MSFS sim has ever looked. 

Remind me why either one of these is worth $200 (plus the cost of addons) if I'm not a kid in school? It's the best option we had, so I paid it, but I can't wait to leave this thing for a good looking sim without having to do a total platform change. 

I don't have P3D, but I would say the second one is newer because of the runway textures. By the way, I hope DTG fixes the runway textures they have. Tried to do it myself but can't find where they are pulling them from in the file structure...

3 hours ago, YukonPete said:

So its going to be the go to simulator in 2017???? Only 4 1/2 months left left in 2017 and its absolute junk! With the number of people investing in P3Dv4 I think DTG and FSW is about a year or more too late! I am not interested in anything TDG has to offer.

Have you given it a try lately? Why is it "absolute junk"? Expound on your rhetoric...

1 hour ago, TheFlightSimGuy said:

Well, I paid the $200 for V4, and have said goodbye to FSX.

Better looking terrain and overall lighting,  no more popping of autogen trees and buildings..  lots of my favorite addons, including Orbx scenery, Garmin GTN gauges, fully functioning airplanes.. rock solid sim.

FSW,  yes it can look really good, but it is very much an unfinished product in its current state.. lets check it out again a year from now!

• Upvote 2

Bert

18 minutes ago, Bert Pieke said:

Well, I paid the $200 for V4, and have said goodbye to FSX.

Better looking terrain and overall lighting,  no more popping of autogen trees and buildings..  lots of my favorite addons, including Orbx scenery, Garmin GTN gauges, fully functioning airplanes.. rock solid sim.

FSW,  yes it can look really good, but it is very much an unfinished product in its current state.. lets check it out again a year from now!

You hit the nail on the head Bert. An unfinished $25.00 product...

Truesky basically blows any other simulation of atmospherics out of the water. If only P3Dv4 had this...

Brendan R, KDXR PHNL KJFK

Type rated: SF34 / DH8 (Q400) / DC9 717 MD-88/ B767 (CFI/II/MEI/ATP)

Majestic Software Q400 Beta Team / Pilot Consultant / Twitter @violinvelocity

1 hour ago, switch686 said:

I don't have P3D, but I would say the second one is newer because of the runway textures. By the way, I hope DTG fixes the runway textures they have. Tried to do it myself but can't find where they are pulling them from in the file structure...

That is p3d v3. The 2 year old sim. The top one is v4 which was recently released. Proves my point brilliantly from someone who doesn't have a dog in the fight.

In 2 years, DTG has accomplished more than Lockheed Martin has in nearly 7. Did people really pay for P3D for all sim director and control station updates? I think not. This is where consumer money should be. Not with a defense contractor who won't even talk to us. 

• Upvote 6

Josh Daniels-Johannson

3 minutes ago, bjratchf said:

Truesky basically blows any other simulation of atmospherics out of the water. If only P3Dv4 had this...

If they do that, don't you have to pay again?

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, switch686 said:

I doubt they'd make it a free update. I bet it would be in "v5"

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, switch686 said:

If they made you pay for a minor VAS improvement and minor lighting controls from v2.5 to v3.0, what do you think? $200 please!

• Upvote 2

Josh Daniels-Johannson

$60?

nice video . but i see people acting like P3D is the holly grail of sims andforgot that its just the core base of fsx with some changes for 200 a pop . i own P3D also and the only reason i keep spending cash after every new littlething was added is because   there was noone else just xplane that i also use by the way .. IM FULLY AWARE THAT TO ME AS A P3D USER IM NOTHING BUT A PAID BETA TESTER.... fsw is not even a finish product yet hence the "early acces" name on it give it time and it will be the sim of choice when other developer see how it grows they are gona join the club too ....

• Upvote 3

Image removed as image is no longer available.