Sign in to follow this  
Dusk

Top 10 Reasons FSW will be the next "Flight Simulator 2017"

9 minutes ago, fshobby said:

LOL, I think it's just a "Like" in Facebook parlance, but they accumulate. To what end I don't know, I doubt we'll be able to trade in "reputation" for a slice of pizza or a pint. It's just a "feel-good" thing I suppose.

Now I am just smiling and laughing, ( ding, ding, ding, ding, is all I hear now by getting rep's) stop it NOW. I am old and bitter. I have a reputation, ( get it, your giving me reputation's, etc.. ) to keep up! Alright I'll stop having fun now! I am done!

• Upvote 3

"Coffee, if your not shaking, you need another cup"
Flight Sim Break Discord Channel: https://discord.com/invite/fCV62Ka2QZ

On 18/08/2017 at 2:24 AM, ca_metal said:

Fun fact is: an ancient concept that was never implemented in the core of any sim.

Come on, man, if you don´t like it you are on your right to do so, but you are being a bit annoying already. Everybody knows FSW lacks a lot of features that existed in FSX. DTG´s guys decided to redo most of the features, we were told they would do that, we are ok with that, as long as they give us improved features, for now they are doing that. 

Another fun fact is you´re talking about flight (I had some fun back there, didn´t hate it, just to be clear) as an improved FSX, one of the most hated sims in the history of this hobby. Maybe one day DTG will be less hated than now.

Steam User reviews:

RECENT: Very Positive (65 reviews)

OVERALL: Mostly Positive (615 reviews)

I remember looking after update 3 or 4 on Steam and the results were not great. However with the recent updates the game is certainly gaining momentum and certainly you could say DTG is less hated now than they were. However the Steam community isn't the sim community so some work still to be done before that SDK can be released and the flood of 3PD are let through the doors and then we'll really see.

• Upvote 1

On 19/08/2017 at 0:34 AM, Chock said:

I guess what really matters in the end is that Dovetail appear to be doing a decent job of the thing regardless of what any of us say about it, either positive or negative.

Skeptics can be skeptical, optimists can be optimistic...

Cause the players gonna play, play, play, play, play
And the haters gonna hate, hate, hate, hate, hate
Baby, I'm just gonna shake, shake, shake, shake, shake
I shake it off, I shake it off!

• Upvote 2

8 hours ago, dtrjones said:

Steam User reviews:

RECENT: Very Positive (65 reviews)

OVERALL: Mostly Positive (615 reviews)

I remember looking after update 3 or 4 on Steam and the results were not great. However with the recent updates the game is certainly gaining momentum and certainly you could say DTG is less hated now than they were. However the Steam community isn't the sim community so some work still to be done before that SDK can be released and the flood of 3PD are let through the doors and then we'll really see.

People who said DTG were incompetent, quickly realized they are arguably the most talented developers in the industry right now. 

Let me guess.... you want 64bit. 

Josh Daniels-Johannson

1 hour ago, TheFlightSimGuy said:

People who said DTG were incompetent, quickly realized they are arguably the most talented developers in the industry right now. 

I'll believe that when they fix the broken planes they currently offer as defaults..

They still have the Carenado defects that they came with..  :huh:

• Upvote 2

Bert

8 hours ago, Bert Pieke said:

I'll believe that when they fix the broken planes they currently offer as defaults..

+ 1

"I'll believe that when they fix the broken planes they currently offer as defaults..

They still have the Carenado defects that they came with.. "

The avionics won't function fully until the navaids are all activated in the scenery. Only the GPS's and a couple of the Autopilot gauges will be editable anyway, all the other gauges are coded into the aircraft models themselves.

Speaking of the aircraft themselves, so far I've edited the PA-18 and PA-28 flight dynamics with AirWrench, AirEd and Notepad, which has cured several issues mentioned here and on the FSW forums. I'll work my way through the rest and hopefully upload them to the Steam Workshop when able.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, arsenal82 said:

+ 1

Carenado FSX and P3D aircraft still have most of the defects they shipped with too...  :biggrin:

• Upvote 3

I think a priority for Dovetail should be to get the altutide selector on the autopilots working.  Unless I'm missing somehing pretty obvious, I haven't yet been able to select atitude in any of the aircrafts yet.

Bill

UK LAPL-A

Currently flying:- (GA): COWS DA-42, A2A Comanche, FSW C414, WT SR22T, FSS P2006, BlSq TBM850, FSR M500, Flyboy Rans S6S, SWS Zenith 701,C172 JT-A mod (Airliners): Fenix A320, Ini A300-600, FBW A320 NEO and PMDG737.

25 minutes ago, Holdit said:

Carenado FSX and P3D aircraft still have most of the defects they shipped with too...  :biggrin:

At least these were free! 😂 After every Carenado release there are a plethora of of threads trying to fix them. Besides, it's still early access and every patch brings improvements to the planes. Have to keep reminding people of that. Meanwhile, p3d has the same broken planes it had in 2.5.

Let me guess.... you want 64bit. 

Josh Daniels-Johannson

27 minutes ago, JYW said:

I think a priority for Dovetail should be to get the altutide selector on the autopilots working.  Unless I'm missing somehing pretty obvious, I haven't yet been able to select atitude in any of the aircrafts yet.

JYW, I can only advise you on the PA-28 but that one definitely works, once you've taken off - here's how:

Click the ALT button.

Click the ARM button.

Rotate the altitude selector with your mousewheel - outer knob for feet in 1000's, inner knob for 100's.

Click the UP button once for each 100 feet of climb rate you require - if you're already climbing at 400ft/min, click twice for 600ft/min.

To descend again, rotate the altitude selector to your desired altitude and click the DOWN button to your desired descent rate.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, JYW said:

It's working in here, at least on the Seneca V and DA-40/42, the ones I remember using it.

3 hours ago, A32xx said:

JYW, I can only advise you on the PA-28 but that one definitely works, once you've taken off - here's how:

Click the ALT button.

Click the ARM button.

Rotate the altitude selector with your mousewheel - outer knob for feet in 1000's, inner knob for 100's.

Click the UP button once for each 100 feet of climb rate you require - if you're already climbing at 400ft/min, click twice for 600ft/min.

To descend again, rotate the altitude selector to your desired altitude and click the DOWN button to your desired descent rate.

Thank you, I'll give that a go!   I suspect I was trying to "preselect" as you can in the Carenado versions of the FSW birds.

Bill

UK LAPL-A

Currently flying:- (GA): COWS DA-42, A2A Comanche, FSW C414, WT SR22T, FSS P2006, BlSq TBM850, FSR M500, Flyboy Rans S6S, SWS Zenith 701,C172 JT-A mod (Airliners): Fenix A320, Ini A300-600, FBW A320 NEO and PMDG737.

I just realize there is a new sim called FSW from Dovetail, which i really dont know anything from them..

And i have some questions that hopefully can be answer..
----------------------------------

Is this a brand new sim, like from zero..? Or is something like P3D which is basically FSX with some patches.. ? Cuz someone said this was FSX with DXT11.. And that is very disappointing.. 

I read something that FSW has ORBX Global and Vector is this true? Is Carenado involved? 

If is based on FSX can you install add-ons from FSX to FSW? Is it worth it? 
-------------------------------------

I believe P3D V4 is very popular cuz is very stable = no CTD anymore plus is a 64bits sim which i think can handle more than 4gb of ram than fsx.. Does FSW too? With one purchase of FSW you get all the updates or every Update cost 25USD..? Why does any big company like EA Games, Ubisoft or even Rockstar Games cant make a sim.. I think is a very profitable industry if not ask Lockheed Martin, Xplane, Microsoft.. 

I really hope this is the real NEW SIM and not just an update like P3D.. We deserve it its been 11years from the last MSFS, i remember when MSFS make a new sim every 2 years, if MSFS didnt stop making FSX would look like real by now.. 

Thanks for your time and patience..  BTW this is what other gamers have and they just install the game and use no tweaks or extra add-ons:

bf3+2011-11-02+14-00-23-57.jpg

yela-1024x451.jpg

29024118932_5c502b8540_b.jpg

This is what we have P3D V4 still looking like FS9 

maxresdefault.jpg

And this is FS9 or FSX or even P3D V4 ..?

fs9od4.jpg

kzO5ACKa.jpg

VFM94f0g.jpg

47 minutes ago, Fernando Mera said:

I just realize there is a new sim called FSW from Dovetail, which i really dont know anything from them..

And i have some questions that hopefully can be answer..
----------------------------------

Is this a brand new sim, like from zero..? Or is something like P3D which is basically FSX with some patches.. ? Cuz someone said this was FSX with DXT11.. And that is very disappointing.. 

I read something that FSW has ORBX Global and Vector is this true? Is Carenado involved? 

If is based on FSX can you install add-ons from FSX to FSW? Is it worth it? 
-------------------------------------

I believe P3D V4 is very popular cuz is very stable = no CTD anymore plus is a 64bits sim which i think can handle more than 4gb of ram than fsx.. Does FSW too? With one purchase of FSW you get all the updates or every Update cost 25USD..?

FSW is still under development, but it is based on the FSX engine, just like P3D.

It is 64 bit, and has Orbx Global integrated into it. 

According to DTG, you cannot use FSX content, but some eager users are trying to prove them wrong on that - for how long, nobody knows.

Your other questions cannot really be answered (as yet).

Bert