Sign in to follow this  
captain420

Is FSFX Immersion 777 and FS2Crew 777 worth it for full immersion?

I had already owned f2screw for P3Dv3, and I'm not sure if I really want to spend another $35 for the same exact thing in P3Dv4. But with that being said, do you guys recommend these 2 add-ons? Since the PMDG 777 is currently and has been my most favorite planes to fly. I would like to make the flying experience as immersive as possible. Is it worth spending $62 for these 2 add-ons?

ASUS ROG Maximus Hero XII ▪︎ Intel i9-10900K ▪︎ NVIDIA RTX 3090 FE ▪︎ 64GB Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro ▪︎ Windows 10 Pro (21H1) ▪︎ Samsung 970 EVO Pro 1TB NVME SSD (OS Drive) ▪︎ Samsung 860 EVO 2TB SATA SSD ▪︎ Seagate 4TB SATA HDD ▪︎ Corsair RMx 850W PSU

39 minutes ago, captain420 said:

I had already owned f2screw for P3Dv3, and I'm not sure if I really want to spend another $35 for the same exact thing in P3Dv4. But with that being said, do you guys recommend these 2 add-ons? Since the PMDG 777 is currently and has been my most favorite planes to fly. I would like to make the flying experience as immersive as possible. Is it worth spending $62 for these 2 add-ons?

I don't have 777 Immersion because for me it is not worth it. I rarely leave the virtual cockpit so external effects are of limited value for me. I also never bought FS2Crew 777 for P3Dv4 because I think that charging the full amount for the port from P3Dv3 is a total rip-off. Apart from that, even though FS2Crew is nice, the 777 is so easy to fly without the help of a virtual co-pilot that I didn't use it much in the final days of P3Dv3 anyways. So I'm not missing it at all. I personally think that one can spend the $62 on better add-ons.

• Upvote 1

i7-10700K@5.0GHz ∣ Asus ROG Strix Gaming Z490-E Gaming ∣ 32Gb@3600MHz ∣ AMD Radeon 6900 XT

1 hour ago, captain420 said:

Hi Capt420, it all depends what you want out of your Sim Experience. I use the button version of FS2Crew and can't do without it. But this is because I enjoy getting the Sim as real as possible. We don't fly big airplanes alone and FS2Crew provides a very realistic multicrew environment. (Best product)

As far as FSFX I also recommend this product because it's clever and adds to the realism. I seldom see its effects but when I do I get stupid grin. Even though the effects are mainly going on from behind the flight deck it's the fact that it's there and going on that makes it really cool, think of it like the trouble PMDG went into modelling everything most of which is unseen. (Eg brake temps, hydl qty drop during gear & flap use, electric sys loading, list can go on)

This is the reason why we buy PMDG aircraft and adding other cool products to it just increases the realism. 

So yes these products are worth it and I'd say go ahead and buy them but then again you may wish to put your hard earned money into something else. 

As a RW airline flyer I am simply amazed at what developers are doing these days for the flight sim community and I enjoy supporting product development whenever possible.

That said I'm waiting very impatiently for FS2CREW 747 queen of the sky release and FSFX package. The old girl is parked up awaiting the first officer and special effects.

ICE

2 hours ago, captain420 said:

I would like to make the flying experience as immersive as possible. 

I'm my option as mentioned above the T7 is so automated that FS2Crew might make it more boring as you'll have even less to do. The other package won't help much unless you fly from the external view often.

At the end of the day, you'll still be flying a desk, which isn't that immersive. If you want to make the experience as "immersive" as possible, start building a home cockpit. That's about as immersive as you'll be able to get using a PC based sim. Or at least invest in some high quality controls, like yoke, throttle assembly and rudder pedals. I'm not talking about Saitek and other plastic stuff but the good quality metal stuff. It will cost you, but will feel good to use.

• Upvote 1

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

4 hours ago, captain420 said:

The effects are for people that love playing passenger or spotter simulator. If you are in the cockpit you do not notice them. Maybe in fog you could see the nose wheel light shining not sure.

I found a plan for my flights that really is immersive, following a real flight. getting a real flight plan from Flightaware, on a route that has good liveatc.net coverage, and following in real time. Australia, Canada, and America flightaware prints out the real route. yssy-vhhh is a favorite of mine and the 777 is on that route for Cathay and some cargo airlines. It takes practice looking at the liveatc.net coverage map to find all along the path the different feeds for center frequencies but you get the hang of it, and I use vlc to save the playlist for a route full of all the liveatc feeds along the path.

• Upvote 1

I've got FS2Crew for most airplanes and I'm passing on most of them as well.  I might, eventually, get the 777 one, just for relaxing long distance flying.  Probably won't get the others.  I don't leave the cockpit much so Immersion doesn't add much either.  Thing is, I'm trying to reduce the number of add-ons except for airports...not increase them.  Less problems, less troubleshooting, more money for the destinations I want. 

Gregg Seipp

"A good landing is when you can walk away from the airplane.  A great landing is when you can reuse it."
i7-8700 32GB Ram, GTX-1070 8 Gig RAM

I would spend more time reading the PMDG manuals than wasting money on the above two. I'm not saying read the manuals to death but rather to improve the immersion ( which i think is what you want ) furthermore you'll get a more value for money experience using a PMDG aircraft.

• Upvote 1

54 minutes ago, 777200lrf said:

The effects are for people that love playing passenger or spotter simulator. If you are in the cockpit you do not notice them. Maybe in fog you could see the nose wheel light shining not sure.

I found a plan for my flights that really is immersive, following a real flight. getting a real flight plan from Flightaware, on a route that has good liveatc.net coverage, and following in real time. Australia, Canada, and America flightaware prints out the real route. yssy-vhhh is a favorite of mine and the 777 is on that route for Cathay and some cargo airlines. It takes practice looking at the liveatc.net coverage map to find all along the path the different feeds for center frequencies but you get the hang of it, and I use vlc to save the playlist for a route full of all the liveatc feeds along the path.

Could you please show me the steps to find all the necessary ATC frequencies for your flightplan and save it into a playlist for VLC? I would love to do this as well.

ASUS ROG Maximus Hero XII ▪︎ Intel i9-10900K ▪︎ NVIDIA RTX 3090 FE ▪︎ 64GB Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro ▪︎ Windows 10 Pro (21H1) ▪︎ Samsung 970 EVO Pro 1TB NVME SSD (OS Drive) ▪︎ Samsung 860 EVO 2TB SATA SSD ▪︎ Seagate 4TB SATA HDD ▪︎ Corsair RMx 850W PSU

1 hour ago, captain420 said:

Could you please show me the steps to find all the necessary ATC frequencies for your flightplan and save it into a playlist for VLC? I would love to do this as well.

sure glad to help. tell me a favorite route of yours, or the addon airport scenery you have and like to fly to-from and I'll help out.

Okay, what about these routes:

VHHH-RCTP

RKSI-RJAA

RCPL-VHHH

21 minutes ago, captain420 said:

Okay, what about these routes:

VHHH-RCTP

RKSI-RJAA

RCPL-VHHH

I have VLC on my mac laptop that I use to listen on my flight, so on liveatc I click the green listen on the open in mp3 player, and do that for all the feeds I plan, then save that as a playlist to go back to for another flight and to quickly go from feed to feed during the flight.

vhhh-rctp

https://www.liveatc.net/search/?icao=vhhh

You get clearance, ground, tower, and departure at VHHH.

rctp is only tower but better than nothing

https://www.liveatc.net/search/?icao=rctp

rksi is only departure/center but covers most of the area around Korea

https://www.liveatc.net/search/?icao=rksi

and on approach to RJAA you can get a center feed from nearby RJTT Tokyo Control feed

https://www.liveatc.net/search/?icao=rjtt

For the last route did you mean RPLL?

https://www.liveatc.net/search/?icao=rpll

The others here are sadly down for a long time but tower remains.

The liveatc coverage map is a go to resource to help you find along your various routes the feeds that you can pick up

https://www.liveatc.net/feedmap/feedmap.html

I'll search Google for the airport site that tells me the gate the flight is departing from so I can setup at the same gate. Flightradar to find out the registration of the airplane and track it during flight.

If I have the airplane's registration I'll enter the reg into flightradar and replay the last flight, to see the location of the airplane at the airport if I can't find the gate the other way.

rctp used to have more feeds like center and ground but they are gone, the volunteer providers come and go. I make sure if I have extra money each month to donate to them it helps them buy more equipment and pay for internet for the providers that volunteer. And if you personally live near an airport, or even near a transmission for departure/approach/center you could volunteer to provide feeds also.

Hope that helps.

Thanks a lot for that information! I really appreciate it. :)

I personally feel alone in the cockpit wihout FO. So all FS2Crew packages are a must have for me. They bring me hours of joy, so I can bear the heavy heavy load of an additional 30€.

But I understand that most people are not willing to pay it - I will not go on about this here.