Sign in to follow this  
captain420

ENVTEX vs REX4 Texture Direct+Soft Clouds, with PTA

AND as a bonus you can use REX Softclouds with AS16/ASCA + PTA. But I cannot see that Softclouds is better than ASCA.

First I own Rex 4/Soft Clouds and Airport HD but like many of you I got tired of waiting. I have moved over to AS4, ASCA, Envtex, and PTA and will not look back. The is the best integration of utilities and it provides outstanding results. Sure Rex just now mentions a new enhancement but many have moved over to Envtex. Still waiting for SkyForce 3D which was announced well over a year ago but like many others I have moved over to ASCA which with the above programs looks incredible.

Dan

i9-13900K / Asus Maximus Hero Z790 / RTX 4090 FE / G.Skill Trident Z5 RGB 32 GB DDR5-6400 CL32 / Artic Liquid Freezer II 360 / Samsung 980 PRO SSD 1TB PCIe NVMe M.2 / Samsung 980 PRO SSD 2TB PCIe NVMe M.2 / Samsung 970 EVO Plus SSD 2TB PCIe NVMe M.2 / EVGA 1000W G3, 80+ Gold / Phanteks Eclipse P600S ATX Mid Tower / Arctic P14 PWM Case Fans / LG C2 42 Inch Class 4K OLED TV/Monitor / Windows 11 Pro

9 minutes ago, Wise87 said:

First I own Rex 4/Soft Clouds and Airport HD but like many of you I got tired of waiting. I have moved over to AS4, ASCA, Envtex, and PTA and will not look back. The is the best integration of utilities and it provides outstanding results. Sure Rex just now mentions a new enhancement but many have moved over to Envtex. Still waiting for SkyForce 3D which was announced well over a year ago but like many others I have moved over to ASCA which with the above programs looks incredible.

I'm in the same boat (aircraft) about the waiting issue and did move to AS4/ASCA/Envtex/PTA.  I do have Airport HD and will install that when they get it done.  The one thing that I did like about Rex Essentials Plus Overdrive (which is "on hold" as far as v4 compatibility goes) was the fact that textures could be loaded based upon the current weather.  So, each time I flew, different textures were loaded.

Rick Abshier

5900X | RTX3080 | 32 GB@3600 | India Pale Ale

Rex is so close to release, I'll just wait. But the only thing that is attractive about ENVTEX to me is the ASCA and PTA Integration, which REX doesn't have. But I read a review on ENVTEX and they said the clouds in ENVTEX aren't realistic looking and looks like popcorn. I loved the sky textures/colors in REX and clouds, I really wish it had integration with ASCA's Dynamic mode and PTA.

ASUS ROG Maximus Hero XII ▪︎ Intel i9-10900K ▪︎ NVIDIA RTX 3090 FE ▪︎ 64GB Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro ▪︎ Windows 10 Pro (21H1) ▪︎ Samsung 970 EVO Pro 1TB NVME SSD (OS Drive) ▪︎ Samsung 860 EVO 2TB SATA SSD ▪︎ Seagate 4TB SATA HDD ▪︎ Corsair RMx 850W PSU

5 minutes ago, captain420 said:

Rex is so close to release, I'll just wait. But the only thing that is attractive about ENVTEX to me is the ASCA and PTA Integration, which REX doesn't have. But I read a review on ENVTEX and they said the clouds in ENVTEX aren't realistic looking and looks like popcorn. I loved the sky textures/colors in REX and clouds, I really wish it had integration with ASCA's Dynamic mode and PTA.

You should search for some screenshots because the clouds look incredible in conjunction with ASCA.

• Upvote 1

Dan

i9-13900K / Asus Maximus Hero Z790 / RTX 4090 FE / G.Skill Trident Z5 RGB 32 GB DDR5-6400 CL32 / Artic Liquid Freezer II 360 / Samsung 980 PRO SSD 1TB PCIe NVMe M.2 / Samsung 980 PRO SSD 2TB PCIe NVMe M.2 / Samsung 970 EVO Plus SSD 2TB PCIe NVMe M.2 / EVGA 1000W G3, 80+ Gold / Phanteks Eclipse P600S ATX Mid Tower / Arctic P14 PWM Case Fans / LG C2 42 Inch Class 4K OLED TV/Monitor / Windows 11 Pro

ENVTEX clouds are really amazing with ASCA dynamic mode. So tired to wait Rex team. They are in the wrong way ... I was a real fan of Rex products but throughout the last 2 years, I didn't really understand what the added value they provide to Prepard3D

I took this video with my phone of my monitor but it still demonstrates what I get with ENVTEX, ASCA and PTA Integration. In game visuals are way better. 

Dan

6 minutes ago, Wise87 said:

I took this video with my phone of my monitor but it still demonstrates what I get with ENVTEX, ASCA and PTA Integration. In game visuals are way better. 

I am also an ENVTX+ASCA+PTA user but I would prefer REX clouds, if REX was ASCA compatible. Those clouds are not that much realistic to me.

Ahmet Can

2 hours ago, ricka47 said:

So, each time I flew, different textures were loaded.

That's what ASCA/ASP4 dynamic mode does. Loads weather related textures on the fly. Not only each time you fly but during the flight AS you fly.

Vic

RIG#1 - 7700K 5.0g ROG X270F 3600 15-15-15 - EVGA RTX 3090 1000W PSU 1- 850G EVO SSD, 2-256G OCZ SSD, 1TB,HAF942-H100 Water W1064Pro
40" 4K Monitor 3840x2160 - AS16, ASCA, GEP3D, UTX, Toposim, ORBX Regions, TrackIR
RIG#2 - 3770K 4.7g Asus Z77 1600 7-8-7 GTX1080ti DH14 850W 2-1TB WD HDD,1tb VRap, Armor+ W10 Pro 2 - HannsG 28" Monitors

24 minutes ago, costamesa said:

I am also an ENVTX+ASCA+PTA user but I would prefer REX clouds, if REX was ASCA compatible. Those clouds are not that much realistic to me.

Well you can't just go by my setup. Each will give different results based on weather, program, etc. That why we have the option to choose. The nice part about my current setup is I will be able to use Rex if I choose to do so seeing I have the ability to select different options from each program. 

Dan

21 minutes ago, G-YMML1 said:

Nothing beats REX SC + PTA + these lovely freeware sky textures. End of discussion

http://1coder.ru/SKY/

That's what I use. Awesome textures!

You can even download a set for ASCA.

A pilot is always learning and I LOVE to learn.

I guess we really can't compare anything until TD+SC is released. I already have a license for that and would rather save my money if I can.

• Upvote 1

MSFS Premium Deluxe Edition; Windows 11 Pro, I9-9900k; Asus Maximus XI Hero; Asus TUF RTX3080TI; 32GB G.Skill Ripjaw DDR4 3600; 2X Samsung 1TB 970EVO; NZXT Kraken X63; Seasonic Prime PX-1000, LG 48" C1 Series OLED, Honeycomb Yoke & TQ, CH Rudder Pedals, Logitech G13 Gamepad 

6 hours ago, Virtual Flight Realm said:

Rex clouds doesn't work with AS16 dynamic mode, ENVTEX does

Hmm, not sure about that, i use REX soft clouds with active sky and ENVTEX (prepar3dv4)