Sign in to follow this  
captain420

ENVTEX vs REX4 Texture Direct+Soft Clouds, with PTA

18 minutes ago, dommel1234 said:

Hmm, not sure about that, i use REX soft clouds with active sky and ENVTEX (prepar3dv4)

They work with asp4 but NOT in dynamic or global mode - meaning you are stuck with the same set of clouds throughout the flight. In dynamic or global mode, ASP4/ASCA will select a different set of clouds if the weather dictates and inject that automatically into P3D.

It will not do that with any other cloud or sky sets.

Vic

RIG#1 - 7700K 5.0g ROG X270F 3600 15-15-15 - EVGA RTX 3090 1000W PSU 1- 850G EVO SSD, 2-256G OCZ SSD, 1TB,HAF942-H100 Water W1064Pro
40" 4K Monitor 3840x2160 - AS16, ASCA, GEP3D, UTX, Toposim, ORBX Regions, TrackIR
RIG#2 - 3770K 4.7g Asus Z77 1600 7-8-7 GTX1080ti DH14 850W 2-1TB WD HDD,1tb VRap, Armor+ W10 Pro 2 - HannsG 28" Monitors

13 hours ago, charliewards said:

No it wasn't. The REX website says P3Dv4-compatible Airports HD won't be ready until mid-September.

The reason for the lengthy time for the update is because we have to make a whole new set of textures of each texture set specifically for P3Dv4.  LM changed lighting features and it washes out REX WWA textures.  This cannot be done over night.  Each set has to be developed and manually tested.

• Upvote 2

Reed Stough
Managing Partner
REX SIMULATIONS 

supportwww.rexaxis.com

36 minutes ago, rstough said:

The reason for the lengthy time for the update is because we have to make a whole new set of textures of each texture set specifically for P3Dv4.  LM changed lighting features and it washes out REX WWA textures.  This cannot be done over night.  Each set has to be developed and manually tested.

Understandable. Is it still on target for this week?

Thanks for the detail.

MSFS Premium Deluxe Edition; Windows 11 Pro, I9-9900k; Asus Maximus XI Hero; Asus TUF RTX3080TI; 32GB G.Skill Ripjaw DDR4 3600; 2X Samsung 1TB 970EVO; NZXT Kraken X63; Seasonic Prime PX-1000, LG 48" C1 Series OLED, Honeycomb Yoke & TQ, CH Rudder Pedals, Logitech G13 Gamepad 

20 minutes ago, duckbilled said:

Understandable. Is it still on target for this week?

Thanks for the detail.

REX Texture Direct WILL be released tomorrow and REX Texture Direct w/Soft Clouds will be released Thursday the 17th.   Vendors may be a day late due to moving files, but it will be this week.

BTW - We have significantly updated REX Texture Direct.  We have added to both packaged 2gigs of new and enhanced material.  This includes new cloud textures, Sky and Sun textures and effects.

This update is all FREE to original REX Texture Direct and REX Texture Direct w/Soft Clouds owners.

• Upvote 4

Reed Stough
Managing Partner
REX SIMULATIONS 

supportwww.rexaxis.com

That's great news, any plans to have PTA and ASCA integration like ENVTEX does?

ASUS ROG Maximus Hero XII ▪︎ Intel i9-10900K ▪︎ NVIDIA RTX 3090 FE ▪︎ 64GB Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro ▪︎ Windows 10 Pro (21H1) ▪︎ Samsung 970 EVO Pro 1TB NVME SSD (OS Drive) ▪︎ Samsung 860 EVO 2TB SATA SSD ▪︎ Seagate 4TB SATA HDD ▪︎ Corsair RMx 850W PSU

4 minutes ago, captain420 said:

That's great news, any plans to have PTA and ASCA integration like ENVTEX does?

A PTA custom preset built specifically for each sky set will be available via our forum and website. Our next product release, Sky Force will have custom PTA presets built-in. More on that later of course.

Tim Fuchs
Managing Partner
REX SIMULATIONS 

support www.rexaxis.com

2 hours ago, timest said:

Sky Force will have custom PTA presets built-in.

Sky Force....... waiting, waiting, waiting.... :)

gb.

YSSY. Win 10, 6700K@4.8, Corsair H115i Cooler, RTX 4070Ti, 32GB G.Skill Trident Z F4-3200, Samsung 960 EVO M.2 256GB, ASUS Maximus VIII Ranger, Corsair HX850i 850W, Thermaltake Core X31 Case, Samsung 4K 65" TV.

48 minutes ago, Virtual Flight Realm said:

Failed to install REx 4 texture Direct with Soft Cloud Enhanced Edition... Tired of unoptimized installer. Bye Bye rex product...

Worked first time for me. How is it an "unoptimized installer"? Did you "Run as administrator" as recommended in the instructions?

i7-6700k | Asus Maximus VIII Hero | 16GB RAM | MSI GTX 1080 Gaming X Plus | Samsung Evo 500GB & 1TB | WD Blue 2 x 1TB | EVGA Supernova G2 850W | AOC 2560x1440 monitor | Win 10 Pro 64-bit

I follow the instructions without success... Optimized installer doesn't need to install program in specific folder (program files is the folder to install program) is not detected as trojan and doesn't need to tweak your firewall or viral protection... The shame is previous updates work like a charm...

10 hours ago, Virtual Flight Realm said:

I follow the instructions without success... Optimized installer doesn't need to install program in specific folder (program files is the folder to install program) is not detected as trojan and doesn't need to tweak your firewall or viral protection... The shame is previous updates work like a charm...

Had issues with Kaspersky during install however all resolved after adding it to the Exclusions list. Installer also detected my install directory automatically.

Enjoying the Sim now :-)

2017-8-21_11-9-5-447.jpg

2017-8-21_11-16-19-623.jpg

Edited by Tokitaumelie
Added Caps
  • Upvote 1

Finally find my way with Rex and Kaspersky... ;) In my case exclusion list does not work. I disable Kaspersky and it works. I'm not using Rex for clouds anymore but I found a few texture really awesome

8 hours ago, Tokitaumelie said:

Had issues with Kaspersky during install however all resolved after adding it to the Exclusions list. Installer also detected my install directory automatically.

Enjoying the Sim now :-)

2017-8-21_11-9-5-447.jpg

2017-8-21_11-16-19-623.jpg

Could you please post what textures you're using? Looks nice!

ASUS ROG Maximus Hero XII ▪︎ Intel i9-10900K ▪︎ NVIDIA RTX 3090 FE ▪︎ 64GB Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro ▪︎ Windows 10 Pro (21H1) ▪︎ Samsung 970 EVO Pro 1TB NVME SSD (OS Drive) ▪︎ Samsung 860 EVO 2TB SATA SSD ▪︎ Seagate 4TB SATA HDD ▪︎ Corsair RMx 850W PSU