Sign in to follow this  
captain420

ENVTEX vs REX4 Texture Direct+Soft Clouds, with PTA

Awesome! Thanks for that... I love REX!

ASUS ROG Maximus Hero XII ▪︎ Intel i9-10900K ▪︎ NVIDIA RTX 3090 FE ▪︎ 64GB Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro ▪︎ Windows 10 Pro (21H1) ▪︎ Samsung 970 EVO Pro 1TB NVME SSD (OS Drive) ▪︎ Samsung 860 EVO 2TB SATA SSD ▪︎ Seagate 4TB SATA HDD ▪︎ Corsair RMx 850W PSU

25 minutes ago, captain420 said:

Awesome! Thanks for that... I love REX!

Are your runway lights changing color with REX 4?

A pilot is always learning and I LOVE to learn.

6 hours ago, captain420 said:

Could you please post what textures you're using? Looks nice!

Hi Aaron

REX TD & SC with ASP3D v4. 

These were my settings in REX, disregard the Airport, Runway/Taxiway sets:

REXTDSC.jpg

Hope this helps and regards

• Upvote 1

7 hours ago, Virtual Flight Realm said:

Finally find my way with Rex and Kaspersky... ;) In my case exclusion list does not work. I disable Kaspersky and it works. I'm not using Rex for clouds anymore but I found a few texture really awesome

Glad you are up and running now!

3 hours ago, DJJose said:

For those of you interested REX has released PTA presets for Texture Direct and Texture Direct with Soft Clouds:

http://www.rexsimulations.com/pta.html

Thanks for the heads up and just got PTA for V4 today. Looking forward to trying those out.

Kind regards

Tokitaumelie thanks for posting your settings! I'm really missing REX4 textures a lot, I feel that they are much better quality than ENVTEX.

ASUS ROG Maximus Hero XII ▪︎ Intel i9-10900K ▪︎ NVIDIA RTX 3090 FE ▪︎ 64GB Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro ▪︎ Windows 10 Pro (21H1) ▪︎ Samsung 970 EVO Pro 1TB NVME SSD (OS Drive) ▪︎ Samsung 860 EVO 2TB SATA SSD ▪︎ Seagate 4TB SATA HDD ▪︎ Corsair RMx 850W PSU

1 hour ago, captain420 said:

Tokitaumelie thanks for posting your settings! I'm really missing REX4 textures a lot, I feel that they are much better quality than ENVTEX.

"Feel"... screenshots?

If you can beat those I am sold for REX:

http://imgur.com/a/k74FM

• Upvote 1

9 hours ago, swiesma said:

"Feel"... screenshots?

If you can beat those I am sold for REX:

http://imgur.com/a/k74FM

Nice caps Stefan.

Are those ENVTEX sky textures with ASP4/ASCA? They look good.

I'm also running ASP4/ASCA and just started integrating REX TD & SC plus PTA4, so WIP.  Still using the same cloud sets I had selected earlier and thinking of selecting some soft cloud sets later today.

Thinking I need to tone down the saturation and perhaps a little more brightness.

Daytime- KDEN

2017-8-22_12-56-19-837.jpg

Evening Shot - KDEN

2017-8-22_12-51-15-889.jpg

Kind regards

• Upvote 1

15 hours ago, DJJose said:

Are your runway lights changing color with REX 4?

Sorry missed your message, no I haven't tried it yet. 

How are the wave animations and water textures in REX4? The ones in ENVTEX didn't look good to me at all.

@Tokitaumelie Very nice pics :-) I really like the dark blue and the orange! Which SC cloudset are you using? I tried SC with AS16/ASCA and was not very pleased with the result.

4 hours ago, Tokitaumelie said:

Thinking I need to tone down the saturation and perhaps a little more brightness.

Definitely.
Getting a bit psychedelic there.   :)

gb.

YSSY. Win 10, 6700K@4.8, Corsair H115i Cooler, RTX 4070Ti, 32GB G.Skill Trident Z F4-3200, Samsung 960 EVO M.2 256GB, ASUS Maximus VIII Ranger, Corsair HX850i 850W, Thermaltake Core X31 Case, Samsung 4K 65" TV.

1 hour ago, swiesma said:

@Tokitaumelie Very nice pics :-) I really like the dark blue and the orange! Which SC cloudset are you using? I tried SC with AS16/ASCA and was not very pleased with the result.

Hi Stefan, thank you and still using the previous set, Set 15 &16. Haven't tried with Soft Clouds as yet.

42 minutes ago, gboz said:

Definitely.
Getting a bit psychedelic there.   :)

gb.

LOL! You do know how bad it can get with all of us here.

Kind regards

7 hours ago, captain420 said:

How are the wave animations and water textures in REX4?

They look good to me.

The best thing to do is to install the water textures & animations and go fly in your favorite area.

It's really not that hard to do a quick test. :biggrin:

Here's an example:

1d8bfb.jpg
2.jpg
3.jpg

• Upvote 1

So if I understand it correctly.  I use ASP4 and ASCA in Global automatic mode to benefit from the dynamic changing of weather enroute.  If I use rex soft clouds I lose this functionality right?  What other benefits will I gain using Rex TD?  Updated airport textures?  This surely only applies to stock airports?  I guess the other update would be water textures correct?  Does Rex TD come with a weather engine as well?  I used to use Rex Overdrive + essentials in my early days simming but soon went to active sky because of weather suddenly changing, not progressive like active sky.

Thomas Derbyshire

Oh man...I already have REX and now that its out, tempting to install.  However I am interested in the ENVTEX integration as I'm an AS16 and ASCA user.  I wouldn't mind switching back and forth as a test but afraid of messing up the sim.  I used REX with v3 maybe its ENVTEX's time with v4.  Also may need to round it off with PTA.  Decisions Decisions!

Chris DeGroat  

XP11 | MSFS

i9 12900k | 32GB DDR5 RAM | 2TB Samsung EVO SSD (1TB x 2 in RAID 0) | MSI RTX 3090 | Reverb G2 | RealSimGear TBM900 Panel with Yoko+ TQ6+ & TM TPR Pedals

1 hour ago, pegruder said:

Oh man...I already have REX and now that its out, tempting to install.  However I am interested in the ENVTEX integration as I'm an AS16 and ASCA user.  I wouldn't mind switching back and forth as a test but afraid of messing up the sim.  I used REX with v3 maybe its ENVTEX's time with v4.  Also may need to round it off with PTA.  Decisions Decisions!

PTA is a must have.

I have a serious problem with ASCA, I don't like the clouds that it generates when using dynamic mode. If I use a theme and choose the cloud, then I get some nice clouds. ASCA sky textures don't look as good as some freeware textures, and REX sky textures blows them away.

I'm sticking with REX 4 EE for sky textures and REX soft clouds, and everything else REX offers and ASP4 as my weather engine until sky force is released.

• Upvote 2