Sign in to follow this  
patrice_bambou

3 problems on SLX

Hi Maarten,

Some issues with SLX with P3DV4 (I fly around England (ORBX stuff) in a liner (PMDG B737).

1.--, with some airplanes (one version of F22 raptor for instance, but some other ones also), the symbol displayed on the map is as this one.

personnage-simLauncherX.jpg

I do not understand why. Do you have an explanation?

2.--: The planes displayed for AI planes traffic are almost completely wrong: It is always a F22 raptor plane displayed despite my AI traffic (when displayed via Plan-G for instance) shows many commercial planes and no military ones. So, There is a problem here, I think (I use "My traffic6a" as AI traffic generator)

3.--: SLX does not detect the airplanes that are added via add-on.xml files in the "P3DV4 add-ons" directory (they are not under "simobjects" (A2A planes for instance)). I had to move them under "simobjects" in order SLX to see them.

Thanks.

Patrice.

Patrice Dubois

Hi Patrice,

1. That's caused by the fleet feature (see the change log for a description). If the fleet feature is enabled (Global settings|General|Use fleet management), one the aircraft variations is marked as 'walkaround variation'. By default the P3D avatar is selected as walkaround variation (if avatar mode is enabled), otherwise it will be ORBX BOB or Lorby SI's Camera Pod. If none of the above are available the default aircraft variation is chosen (the F22 in your case), The 'walkaround' variation is shown with a 'walking man' icon on the map. You can select another variation to be used as walkaround variation via the context menu in the Aircraft window.
  2. There's no problem. The AI aircraft are identified by title as communicated via SimConnect. I search for this title in the database. If there's no aircraft variation with this title in the database the default aircraft variation is chosen (the F22 in your case) and the fact that it's missing is logged. Whatever you see within SLX comes from the database and if it's incorrect, the aircraft.cfg file is incorrect.
  3. SLX does detect airplanes that are added via add-on.xml files. I check all [Package.x] sections in the %ProgramData%\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v4\add-ons.cfg file, the %LocalAppData%\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v4\add-ons.cfg file and the %AppData%\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v4\add-ons.cfg; from each of these [Package.x] sections I read the Path= entry and I look for an add-on.xml file in each of these paths; in each of these add-on.xml files I look for components with a Category of SimObjects and read the path there; in each of these paths I look for an aircraft.cfg file or a sim.cfg file. If it doesn't work in your case, there's something wrong with one or more of your add-ons.cfg files or one or more of your add-on.xml files. This is why I'm not a big fan of the add-on.xml method: it leads to confusion and lots of mistakes.

thanks, Maarten

Maarten Boelens ([m][a:][R][t][ʏ][n])
Developer of SimLauncherX

ftx_supporter_avsim.gifC172Siggy1_zps11944daf.jpg

Hi Patrice,

Please download and install the latest version: it will log all add-on.xml files that are processed.

Maarten

Hi Maarten,

Related to 2., does the SLX database include all AI planes from "my traffic 6" (for instance) after database generation?

Related to 3. I am not sure A2A installs packages in the indicated files. They just install their planes in addon folder that is checked by P3D (I used the A2A standard install process to install my planes)

Patrice

Edited by patrice_bambou

Patrice Dubois

Hi Patrice,

Yes, all AI aircraft are included. You can check which AI aircraft are included in the database by enabling the 'AI aircraft' button on the ribbon of the Aircraft window. I have MyTraffic installed and all 5000+ variations are included.

I will check if I correctly process the add-on.xml files that are installed for auto-discovery.

thanks, Maarten

Hi Maarten

I just make a test. I put back A2A add-on in P3DV4 Add-ons directory. I started P3DV4, activate the addon and exit.

Now A2A is in the lists of packages in add-ons.cfg file in C:\Users\Patrice\AppData\Roaming\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v4\add-ons.cfg

The package is here.

But if a start SimLauncherX, it does not find the add-on file for A2A (as seen in the log (abstract below:

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

20170814092138    Loading database    
20170814092138    Database file D:\Mes documents\SimLauncherX\SimLauncherX.P3Dv4.sqlite exists    
20170814092138    Initializing database    
20170814092138    Main window loaded    
20170814092138    Closing splash screen    
20170814092139    Database initialized    
20170814092140    Detecting missing aircraft    
20170814092140    No missing aircraft found    
20170814092140    Detecting new aircraft    
20170814092140    Reading aircraft list from C:\ProgramData\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v4\SimObjects.cfg    
20170814092140    Processing add-ons.cfg and add-on.xml files    
20170814092140    No new aircraft found    
20170814092140    "
      Nr of non-AI aircraft types:   105
      Nr of AI     aircraft types:   108
 Nr of non-AI aircraft variations:   571
 Nr of AI     aircraft variations:    45
 Nr of boat            variations:    86
                    Nr of avatars:    26
"    
20170814092140    Updating weather themes    
20170814092140    Weather themes updated    
20170814092142    P3Dv4 database loaded in 4 seconds    
20170814092142    Initializing aircraft variations    
20170814092142    Cannot find world cameras file: C:\Users\Patrice\AppData\Roaming\EZCA\db\world\world_cameras.INI    
20170814092142    Loading placemarks    
20170814092142    Loading FTX KML files    
20170814092142    7 FTX KML files found    
20170814092142    Placemarks loaded    

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

For other points I am still checking. Regarding avatar, I do not understand all, but I will check.

Patrice Dubois

Maarten,

I downloaded the latest version and rebuild the P3DV4 database.

I will give you a feedback after that.

Patrice.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Here is the feedback:

With the latest version (SimLauncherX_5.9.6434.43015)

The database generation completed. I have an error in one scenery.

Regarding planes, A2A planes still not found.

Regarding AI planes, I have 194 planes in my "My traffic 6" directory with at least 3 variations each, and I doubt they are all in the SLX database.

I send you the log  and settings files by mail.

Regards.

Patrice.

Edited by patrice_bambou

Patrice Dubois

Hi Maarten,

I checked again and none of the AI aircrafts from "My traffic 6" are included in the aircraft list.

They are in the directory "L:/My traffic professional/My traffic/Aircraft", P3DV4 being in "L:/Prepar3d V4"

So, I do not understand what is happening.

Any idea?

Regarding avatars, you write: "You can select another variation to be used as walkaround variation via the context menu in the Aircraft window."

Do you talk about the SLX aircraft window or the P3D one?

Thanks.

Patrice

Patrice Dubois

Hi Patrice,

I just sent you an e-mail. All of your MyTraffic aircraft.cfg files are processed, but all of them have errors and are discarded. I asked you to send me the first one for investigation.

Maarten

Very strange.

But If I remember, FSFX have made changes in these aircrafts files, for effects purposes. Is it the cause of these problems?

Patrice.

Patrice Dubois

To anyone who follows this thread,

The MyTraffic AI aircraft were installed on a share, but this share did not give enough access rights to applications reading from this share and thus SimLauncherX could not find the aircraft. Whenever SimLauncherX detects that an aircraft folder is on a share, it replaces the local file name with \\[machine name]\[share name]\... If the database is copied to a client PC later on, the folder can still be found if the path to the aircraft folder is stored in the database with the machine and share name.

thanks, Maarten