Sign in to follow this  
skysurfer

No RWY lights KSFO

Greetings. 

I've noticed that RWY lights are missing in KSFO Flightbeam scenery. I posted this issue in Flightbeam forum and I was told it is likely PTA issue.

36366708122_a42c7077fa_b.jpg

I have Oslo from Aerosoft and RWY lights are there. For some reason Flightbeam SFO does not like PTA. 

I am wondering if anyone else has this issue. 

Thx for looking.  

I9-13900K | ASUS ROG Strix Z790-E Gaming LGA 1700 | MSI Gaming GeForce RTX 4090 24GB | CORSAIR iCUE H150i ELITE LCD Liquid Cooler | CORSAIR DOMINATOR PLATINUM 64GB (2X36) 5200MHx DDR5 | Thermaltake GF3 1650W 80+ Gold PSU | Samsung QN90C Neo QLED TV 50”

OK. So it is presets causing RWY lights disappear and looks like it affects only KSFO HD from Flightbeam. All other airports from Flightbeam are fine. If I revert to default P3D shaders then everything looks normal in KSFO.

Thx 

I9-13900K | ASUS ROG Strix Z790-E Gaming LGA 1700 | MSI Gaming GeForce RTX 4090 24GB | CORSAIR iCUE H150i ELITE LCD Liquid Cooler | CORSAIR DOMINATOR PLATINUM 64GB (2X36) 5200MHx DDR5 | Thermaltake GF3 1650W 80+ Gold PSU | Samsung QN90C Neo QLED TV 50”

Just an update. I have installed Aerosoft EDDF and no RWY lights either using PTA.

Is anybody else having the same issue? 

Wonder if it's Dynamic Light triggered? Both Aerosoft EDDF (the new one) and KSFO has Dynamic Lighting... You could see if the problems persists in FlightBeam KMSP?!

Best regards,
--Anders Bermann--

Pilot-ID: SAS2471

I think it was a user error. What I've been doing was starting the sim during the day time and then use Time Preview option to change Day to a Night. Doing so the day changed to night along with taxi, ramp, airport lights etc. but not  runway lights. If I start the sim at night then runway lights show up. I think Time Preview is doing this. I think I caught it because if I start the sim at night and then using Time Preview change it backwards night to day I noticed that runway lights are still On. I am still testing it but I think that is the reason. So most likely it was just me, not a PTA. Huh...:dry:

Sign in to follow this  

• Tom Allensworth,
    Founder of AVSIM Online

• Flight Simulation's Premier Resource!

AVSIM is a free service to the flight simulation community. AVSIM is staffed completely by volunteers and all funds donated to AVSIM go directly back to supporting the community. Your donation here helps to pay our bandwidth costs, emergency funding, and other general costs that crop up from time to time. Thank you for your support!

Click here for more information and to see all donations year to date.