Sign in to follow this  
Sesquashtoo

Ships sails the FSW seas...

now that I got the hang of things...I just installed the 80 package A.I. ships and boats. Here's one off of Toronto Harbor...

I'm now in the process of installing My Traffic Professional 5.4...:)

20170813181519_1.jpg

20170813175146_1.jpg

20170813175303_1.jpg

17 minutes ago, Sesquashtoo said:

now that I got the hang of things...I just installed the 80 package A.I. ships and boats. Here's one off of Toronto Harbor...

I'm now in the process of installing My Traffic Professional 5.4...:)

Hope you don't run out of things to tinker with. Sounds like your having a blast. Wish I knew more about these things, but this old dog will learn some new tricks...lol

14 minutes ago, switch686 said:

Hope you don't run out of things to tinker with. Sounds like your having a blast. Wish I knew more about these things, but this old dog will learn some new tricks...lol

The ships, commercial, pleasure, and sail, look fabulous...and run just as good in FSW with all special effects as in P3D and FSX

I have had no joy though with my Traffic. It is installed, it does not crash the sim, but not one A.I. is showing up...and all files are in their proper place, same with the 22.5 K aircraft.bgl.

I still have a barren KDTW, but am working on it...might be the syntax...

Next..I'm going to grab my Orbx stuff that doesn't require the files for animation.

Again, the ships and boats look great, once more filling the seas, lakes, and the Great Lakes...was sorely missing!

Cheers,

1 hour ago, Sesquashtoo said:

I have had no joy though with my Traffic. It is installed, it does not crash the sim, but not one A.I. is showing up...and all files are in their proper place, same with the 22.5 K aircraft.bgl.

Have you checked the [TrafficManager] settings in the FSW.cfg

[TrafficManager]
AirlineDensity=50
GADensity=50
FreewayDensity=0
ShipsAndFerriesDensity=25
LeisureBoatsDensity=25

If those Density values are set to 0, you won't see AI things.

5 minutes ago, theohall65 said:

Have you checked the [TrafficManager] settings in the FSW.cfg

[TrafficManager]
AirlineDensity=50
GADensity=50
FreewayDensity=0
ShipsAndFerriesDensity=25
LeisureBoatsDensity=25

If those Density values are set to 0, you won't see AI things.

Yes..I had AirlineDensity fully to 100.   It might be a basic incompatibility...still fooling around, though. :)

Thanks.

Oooh, where can you get that package and how do you install it? (Sorry, a few years out of the ESP sim world, can't remember where everything is)

i910900k, RTX 3090, 32GB DDR4 RAM, AW3423DW, Ruddy girt big mug of Yorkshire Tea

Did you manage to My Traffic working? I don't think anyone has successfully imported AI aircraft as of yet.

2 hours ago, fsxkitty said:

Did you manage to My Traffic working? I don't think anyone has successfully imported AI aircraft as of yet.

Check the Dovetail forums. Someone on there imported all the FSX:SE planes into FSW as AI traffic...

3 hours ago, fsxkitty said:

Still working on it...I actually might get it working...I have one more trick up my sleeve...

The trick up my sleeve, needs to stay there...no joy.  I've tried everything I know of...but no My Plane A.I.  I wonder, if all those parking spaces at the FSW terminals at the larger airports, are just dummies, with no AFCAD associated with them. If so...and there are no parking spots that can be sniffed and assigned, could that be a reason that no A.I. appear?  They haven't actually worked on that part of FSW....so what you see is a place holder/dummy?  I wonder...

Until Dovetails gives us a way to add in...I'm now just going to delete my entries for My Plane and restore the scenery.cfg to before I edited in...

I'm now going write this off...and concentrate on my exploration of moving over Orbx content...see what happens there...

I tried LatinVFR airports, and they will CTD FSW...so no joy there as well.  I'm thankful that I got the Carib sowed up...for that is one of my first-go-to places to fly...and all is working.

7 hours ago, scotchegg said:

Oooh, where can you get that package and how do you install it? (Sorry, a few years out of the ESP sim world, can't remember where everything is)

You can find the link in the FSX forum.  Just do a search for A.I. Ships, or 80 A.I. Ships...there will be a thread, with the link, or you can do a search in the Files Download section on AVSIM.  I think it is also there.  Inside the zip, you will find all the necessary files, and how to install them, and where to install them.

Here is a morning flight in the Carib...with a low fly-over of a ship inbound for Guadeloupe.

20170814080247_1.jpg

20170814080325_1.jpg

20170814080402_1.jpg

20170814080515_1.jpg

20170814080529_1.jpg

36 minutes ago, switch686 said:

Check the Dovetail forums. Someone on there imported all the FSX:SE planes into FSW as AI traffic...

Really...hmm....thanks.

That was me - the thread title is Jets in Fsw! and it's in the General Discussion forum.

Cheers, found and installed! Strange but the 200 ships one caused a CTD but 80 ships seems ok so far.

i910900k, RTX 3090, 32GB DDR4 RAM, AW3423DW, Ruddy girt big mug of Yorkshire Tea

37 minutes ago, scotchegg said:

Cheers, found and installed! Strange but the 200 ships one caused a CTD but 80 ships seems ok so far.

Excellent, If one of the ships (its model) does bring up a box, or whatever..merely delete that from the SimObjects/Boat folder, and then delete its reference in the Scenery/World/Scenery folder...

You guys are having too much fun, stop it now, I say :) Man you people love to tweak. Me, fire up sim, fly, shut down sim. No tweaking for me, besides maybe a livery!

"Coffee, if your not shaking, you need another cup"
Flight Sim Break Discord Channel: https://discord.com/invite/fCV62Ka2QZ