Sign in to follow this  
DaveCT2003

Aerosoft CRJ Flight Plans Now Available on SimBrief

My friends,

I'll be posting this is a few different threads to make sure everyone who has asked about this knows.... Derek at Simbrief got back to me late this evening to let me know that he's added the Aerosoft CRJ to SimBrief.

Since it's not tested yet, feel free to PM me or contact Derek at SimBrief with any problems you come across.

By the way...

Derek has spent many long hours in research, calculations and programming to produce this amazing web based flight planner (being web based he can update it for us on the fly).  He not only created a highly customized and accurate payware quality web based flight planner for a tremendous number of aircraft, not only tied it in with Navigraph to make things easier on the community, and not only created the website to drive it all, but he pays for the website hosting and the bandwidth all himself - and everything is free to everyone. Although it's 100% completed, I'm sure he still has things in store for us in the future!

If you can't swing even a small donation (even 1 Dollar/Pound/Euro would help with his costs) then it would be terrific of you to drop him a line to let him know how much his work and website means to all of us.  You can or if you could manage it using his forum (LINK) to thank him would mean even more to him.  You'll have to register for the forum first, but one minute of time to do that is a small inconvenience compared to what Derek has done for us - but I do understand that sometimes it's more than a matter of convenience so if you really need to use email then you can also contact contact Derek via email by clicking at contact@simbrief.com (but he really prefers contact via the forum).

My very best wishes to everyone.  Happy Flights!

Below is the message Derek sent to me:

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hi Dave,

The CRJ format is now available on SimBrief! If you don't see the "Aerosoft CRJ" format at first, try re-generating a flight plan and it should show up.

As I don't own the CRJ myself, I haven't been able to test these files on the actual aircraft. For now I've simply followed the guidelines in the PDF file and hoped for the best. If you get a chance to try it out, and if you find any bugs, please let me know and I'll do my best to solve them ASAP.

Cheers,

- Derek

• Upvote 2

Dave Hodges

System Specs:  I9-13900KF, NVIDIA 4070TI, Quest 3, Multiple Displays, Lots of TERRIFIC friends, 3 cats, and a wonderfully stubborn wife.

Was curious if PFPX has the Aerosoft CRJ yet?

ASUS ROG Maximus Hero XII ▪︎ Intel i9-10900K ▪︎ NVIDIA RTX 3090 FE ▪︎ 64GB Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro ▪︎ Windows 10 Pro (21H1) ▪︎ Samsung 970 EVO Pro 1TB NVME SSD (OS Drive) ▪︎ Samsung 860 EVO 2TB SATA SSD ▪︎ Seagate 4TB SATA HDD ▪︎ Corsair RMx 850W PSU

49 minutes ago, captain420 said:

Was curious if PFPX has the Aerosoft CRJ yet?

Not yet. It has a CRJ-900 and CRJ-700 aircraft file - but not exactly a Aerosoft/Digital Design CRJ 700/CRJ-900 template.

Don't know if it exists, though? Haven't scoured the Aerosoft file forum for an answer... :laugh:

Best regards,
--Anders Bermann--

Pilot-ID: SAS2471

Thank you for letting us know this.  I've been flying the CRJ a lot lately, so this is very helpful.

I do send Derek a few bucks every now and then.  He has a great service with Simbrief, that I use a lot.  well worth helping him out with it.

Thank you,

Bob

• Upvote 2

13 hours ago, DaveCT2003 said:

I'll be posting this is a few different threads to make sure everyone who has asked about this knows.... Derek at Simbrief got back to me late this evening to let me know that he's added the Aerosoft CRJ to SimBrief.

Since it's not tested yet, feel free to PM me or contact Derek at SimBrief with any problems you come across.

Thanks Dave, I send him money when I can. It's definitely worth it.

• Upvote 2

It works really well. The only issue I have seen is that it does not transfer the PERF INT fuel quantity but that is a minor issue.

Shez

Shez Ansari

Windows 11; CPU: Intel Core i7-8700K; GPU: EVGA GEFORCE GTX 1080Ti 11GB; MB: Gigabyte Z370 AORUS Gaming 5; RAM: 16GB; HD: Samsung 960 Pro 512GB SSD, Samsung 850 Pro 256GB SSD; Display: ASUS 4K 28", Asus UHD 26"

Thanks Shez... now will you kindly get off the boards and back to work on Detroit?  :happy:  LOL!

• Upvote 1

Dave Hodges

System Specs:  I9-13900KF, NVIDIA 4070TI, Quest 3, Multiple Displays, Lots of TERRIFIC friends, 3 cats, and a wonderfully stubborn wife.

2 hours ago, DaveCT2003 said:

Thanks Shez... now will you kindly get off the boards and back to work on Detroit?  :happy:  LOL!

:biggrin: yes sir, speaking of which....

Shez Ansari

Windows 11; CPU: Intel Core i7-8700K; GPU: EVGA GEFORCE GTX 1080Ti 11GB; MB: Gigabyte Z370 AORUS Gaming 5; RAM: 16GB; HD: Samsung 960 Pro 512GB SSD, Samsung 850 Pro 256GB SSD; Display: ASUS 4K 28", Asus UHD 26"

27 minutes ago, ShezA said:

:biggrin: yes sir, speaking of which....

You are such a tease... lol

Dave Hodges

+1 for Simbrief. Only flight planner I use, and I use it for every liner flight and love it...will have to throw him a bone. Thanks for reminding me Dave.

Also, yes Shehryar, get back to work on Detroit (I assume that's KDTW), as I'm a stone's throw away from KTOL, but anytime we fly for real, we fly non-stops out of Detroit. I NEED THAT AIRPORT in P3D! - Please!

Steven_Miller.png?dl=1

i7-6700k Gigabyte GA-Z170X-UD5 32GB DDR4 2666 EVGA FTW ULTRA RTX3080 12GB

Simbrief is great, the only thing missing for me is historical weather.  If nothing else, the ability to upload a METAR dump from Active Sky and have it use that instead of live data would be great.

9 hours ago, somiller said:

+1 for Simbrief. Only flight planner I use, and I use it for every liner flight and love it...will have to throw him a bone. Thanks for reminding me Dave.

Also, yes Shehryar, get back to work on Detroit (I assume that's KDTW), as I'm a stone's throw away from KTOL, but anytime we fly for real, we fly non-stops out of Detroit. I NEED THAT AIRPORT in P3D! - Please!

Alright alright already :biggrin: so I assume you are telling me that you are not using my KTOL...? :dry:

Shez Ansari

Hello,

I tried to generate flight plan for aerosoft CRJ900 via simbrief. All looks working well however, I cannot download for FMS in the plane. I see the flight plan, load it and then see yellow alert 'load error'... On FMS I see only origin, destination and initial runway but nothing else...

An idea ?

many thans !

JM

Jan Maca

maca11

using PMDG 747 v3

P3D v 4.3