Sign in to follow this  
Chicken Patty

Need Help Installing RC 4 To Work with P3D V4

Ian / Hans,

Thanks for the clarification. :smile:

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

Turning off UAC does not eliminate it for certain program level level interconnects. In Win 7 there are settings to  run as admin for shorrtcuts, One is in the first properties dialog and a second is in the advanced properties. One is user equivalent and the second is process privileges. Be sure to save each one.

Using RC4 with both P3D v3/v4 now comes up the question: is it possible to share the same folder for v3 and v4 where to save flight.

I'll try to explain me better....the default one is:

/Documents/Prepar3D 3 Files
and
/Documents/Prepar3D 4 Files

Now, as you know, in RC you have to specify folder where to pick-up flight situation for loading. So you have to change every time from v3 to v4 and conversly the PATH TO .FLT and .WX files.

Is it possible to create a unique folder shared for both sims where RC can load situation from? suppose C:/situations

In P3D v3/v4 you can't browse the default saving flight directory.

I know you can use mklink /J to link to /Documents/Prepar3D 3 Files and /Documents/Prepar3D 4 Files (but you have to move from /Documents those ones) and don't know if it's a potential harm for the sims.

Any alternatives?

Riccardo

OS: Windows 10-64 bit, CPU: i7-7700K @4.20 GHz, GPU: Gigabyte GeForce GTX 1080 G1 8GB GDDR5, RAM: Corsair Vengeance DDR4 32GB 3000MHz, MB: MSI Z270

Back in the days when people had FSX and P3D the advice was to duplicate the RC4 folder. Each instance would need its paths changing to point to the relevant sim.

That is probably the easiest way for P3D v3 and v4.

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

Ray great solution, I didn't think about it, Colombo egg! 

Thanks so much

Riccardo

OS: Windows 10-64 bit, CPU: i7-7700K @4.20 GHz, GPU: Gigabyte GeForce GTX 1080 G1 8GB GDDR5, RAM: Corsair Vengeance DDR4 32GB 3000MHz, MB: MSI Z270