Sign in to follow this  
johnbla

GTN750 locked waypoints

Hi all

Am loving LittleNavMap and many thanks to Alex for providing this. One question. When I export a flight plan as a GFP file, I usually get an error re locked waypoints. Searching the GTN750 forum, I believe that the nav datebase cycle in the 750 is 1607 for ver 6.01 and presumably LNM is not using this cycle. My question is, how do I go about updating the database cycle in LNM to the one used by the GTN750 so that I don't get any more locked waypoints?

I have never updated the database before so all of this is new to me.

Many thanks

John

The Flight1 GTN 750 database is not easily updatable by the user, since it is based on the Garmin GTN Trainer and the database files are encrypted/password protected. There are three options. First, one can subscribe to Garmin GTN 750 database updates. This subscription is for the real life GTN and is very expensive. Consult the Garmin website for more information on this option. Second, find a person that has a GTN 750 in their real life airplane and ask them for a copy of the database. Third, one can just wait until the Garmin GTN Trainer database is updated. Garmin had been pretty faithful to a 6 month update cycle, but they did not do an update in June, 2017 and may not do anymore, for all we know.