Sign in to follow this  
Chicken Patty

Which ATC Program for P3D V4

Hello everybody,

I'm currently trying to get Radar Contact 4 working with P3D V4, but it's proving to be quite the task.  In the event that I just decided to get another ATC program, which one do you guys recommend?  Most of my flying if in airliners, and mostly in the US.  However, I do international flights often as well.  So far the one I'm seeing that appeals to me the most is Pro ATC as it seems the most fluid in terms of the sounds during communications, etc.  

I'd like an ATC program that I can use with any plane (Pro ATC not sure if works with all planes as I read something about the flight planning part not supporting all planes?  Maybe I read wrong.  Also one that controls AI traffic, at least when airborne would be fine, if it does on the ground as well even better. I tried VoxATC in the past, but I just don't always want to speak, so I'd rather one that is button controlled, instead of voice only.  I've looked into PF3, but the voices seem so robot like that it's a huge turn off for me.

Anything else you guys suggest?  ...and yes, I've heard of Pilot Edge and VATSIM, I am a member of both, but I do mostly offline flying so that's why I'm looking for a replacement ATC program.  Thanks in advance everybody.

-David

Try PF3. It has a free demo. It is always updated and had one just a few days ago. You can use it in conjunction with voice recognition software as well. MCE seems to work well with it too. PF3 is fully consistent with IFR and VFR use and FAA/ICAO too.

I tried most of them and usually came back to just using default.  But, I recently tried VoxATC and it looks like I will stay with this one as it does control AI traffic which is a requirement for me as well.  If you don't want to speak, hit the FO button and he/she will do the talking for you.  I do this when I don't want to disturb anyone in the house and especially during approach and landing when things are busy.

Rick Abshier

5900X | RTX3080 | 32 GB@3600 | India Pale Ale

What kind of trouble are you having with RC4? I use it with P3Dv4 without any problems. Do you have FSUIPC5 installed? Won't work without that...

Russ

Master Sergeant, U.S. Air Force, Retired

Former T-33A Crew Chief

Former B-1B Crew Chief / Flightline Maintenance Expediter

Former Learjet Corp. Quality Inspector

Formerly Young (😩)

Looks like I'll have to try the demo of PF3 and see.  I have used VoxATC in the past and I like it, but it was only voice control, I don't want to be restricted to voice only.  

Mans as far as RC4, not having any trouble running it, can't get it installed lol. I love RC4 but haven't gotten it working with P3D.  Used it only with FSX.

-David

4 hours ago, Chicken Patty said:

Looks like I'll have to try the demo of PF3 and see.  I have used VoxATC in the past and I like it, but it was only voice control, I don't want to be restricted to voice only.  

Mans as far as RC4, not having any trouble running it, can't get it installed lol. I love RC4 but haven't gotten it working with P3D.  Used it only with FSX.

Have you brought this up in the RC4 forum?

Master Sergeant, U.S. Air Force, Retired

Former T-33A Crew Chief

Former B-1B Crew Chief / Flightline Maintenance Expediter

Former Learjet Corp. Quality Inspector

Formerly Young (😩)

I'm using PRO/ATC-X with P3dV4 / FSX-SE and have had no issues. What you read about was the fact the the current version does not have the ability to directly import flight plans into all of the 3rd party aircraft currently out there. PMDG, Aerosoft A320 no issues but the FSL A320 and the TFdi B717 do not have direct flight plan import from PATC so I use Sim Brief export for those. I find the voices and ATC control to be the best of what I've tried. 

• Upvote 1

Fred Ziker

i7-13700k, Gigabyte Aorus Master Z790, 32gb DDR5-6400, GeForce RTX3080Ti, Noctua NH-D15 Chromax CPU cooler, Samsung 980 Pro 2TB SSD

5 hours ago, b1bmsgt said:

Have you brought this up in the RC4 forum?

Yes I have, here is the link if you want to check it out:

5 hours ago, FlightSimmer68 said:

There's also Pilot2ATC

http://pilot2atc.com/V2Downloads

It has a 10 day trial.

When it works, it's very good. Unfortunately it is a bit buggy.

Thank you for the suggestion, I'll also look into this one.

4 hours ago, fzike said:

I'm using PRO/ATC-X with P3dV4 / FSX-SE and have had no issues. What you read about was the fact the the current version does not have the ability to directly import flight plans into all of the 3rd party aircraft currently out there. PMDG, Aerosoft A320 no issues but the FSL A320 and the TFdi B717 do not have direct flight plan import from PATC so I use Sim Brief export for those. I find the voices and ATC control to be the best of what I've tried. 

Thanks for clearing that up.  I already use Sim Brief anyways so it should not be an issue for me.

-David

I use Ultimate Traffic Live and EditVoicePack, with UTL at 100%.  The stock ATC under those circumstances is fine for me.   With UTL at 100% it's hard to get a word edgewise with ATC--no lonley skies ever.

Forever indebted to the late Michael Greenblatt of FSGS.

7 hours ago, vp49p3 said:

I use Ultimate Traffic Live and EditVoicePack, with UTL at 100%.  The stock ATC under those circumstances is fine for me.   With UTL at 100% it's hard to get a word edgewise with ATC--no lonley skies ever.

The problem with default ATC is  that it is not compatible with ICAO procedures. The planet is awash with American accents etc. Default ATC is in many respects the wost of the bunch. If you only ever fly in FAA territory then it is marginally acceptable. Elswhere not at all.