Sign in to follow this  
MarioDonick

vFlyteAir Cirrus SR20 updated to version 2.5

This is just a quick heads up for those who don't follow the vFlyteAir forums. Our old Cirrus SR20 (original release was 2015) has received a huge update to version 2.5.

Among a lot of other stuff, the update includes

• completely new flight & engine modeling with custom airfoils (by aeronautics engineer Alan Shafto)
  • flight planning improvements, incl. a basic support for SIDs, STARs and approaches (with several limitations, which are pointed out in the new user's manual you can read online here)
  • improved PFD and MFD (custom tapes & horizon, bigger map icons, independent electrical buses etc.)
  • sounds now using FMOD engine + new sounds for buttons, knobs, blower
  • four new liveries (now a total of 16 liveries) with PBR reflections
  • many bug fixes

Release Video:

ProceduresTutorial Video: 

The update is free for existing customers of the SR20. It is available from where you purchased the aircraft initially (if a shop has not yet updated, give them some time).

For support issues, please use our forums at x-plane.org, so we can keep all at one place.

Mario Donick .:. vFlyteAir

I'm in the mix for a small GA plane at the moment so I might take a look at this especially as Aerosimgaming aka Rush aka Alan Shafto aka Aussie guy :) has done the flight modelling. I'm a big fan of his Twitch streams as he is very knowledgable.

Many thanks for the update! Now she is perfect!

36427692511_43c1989416_h.jpg

35730941974_8e77345f4e_h.jpg

• Upvote 1

23 hours ago, MarioDonick said:

He did a stream for our SR20, too, by the way. Here's a video of it:

https://www.twitch.tv/videos/166039974

Yes I saw, I am a subscriber to his Twitch channel :)  I will pick up your plane at the weekend as I do not have many good GA planes as yet and with all the Ortho I have been installing it seems only fitting to fly some GA flights.

1 hour ago, Glenn_C said:

with all the Ortho I have been installing it seems only fitting to fly some GA flights.

Although I am happy about every purchase, I think for enjoying Ortho photos I would use another aircraft (at least if you are flying in cockpit view, not in 3rd person). I think Cirrus aircraft are not so suited for sightseeing -- I think they are great travel planes for getting easily from A to B, prefarably in automatic flight.

But if you want to enjoy the outside, I'd take something else.

Mario Donick .:. vFlyteAir