Sign in to follow this  
Sesquashtoo

Took me 10 minutes to install Pilot's Global 2010 for FSX!

...and what a difference custom mesh adds to FSW!

I now have the same level of LOD as in P3D and FSX.

This is getting easier and easier, lol...

Here's how you place it into your FSX Scenery.cfg file.  You will need to make some changes in the numbering, etc...as this is following some other custom scenery I have already placed in.  You know on what drive you placed the Pilot's FSX for global 2010 mesh....and so just edit my drive letter, and you will be good to go.  :

[Area.132]
Title=@IDS_AREA127_LocalMeshes
Local=H:\FSGX2010\LocalMeshes
Layer=132
Active=TRUE
Required=FALSE

[Area.133]
Title=@IDS_AREA128_NAM
Local=H:\FSGX2010\NAM
Layer=133
Active=TRUE
Required=FALSE

[Area.134]
Title=@IDS_AREA129_OCE
Local=H:\FSGX2010\OCE
Layer=134
Active=TRUE
Required=FALSE

[Area.135]
Title=@IDS_AREA130_EUR
Local=H:\FSGX2010\EUR
Layer=135
Active=TRUE
Required=FALSE

[Area.136]
Title=@IDS_AREA131_CSA
Local=H:\FSGX2010\CSA
Layer=136
Active=TRUE
Required=FALSE

[Area.137]
Title=@IDS_AREA132_ASI
Local=H:\FSGX2010\ASI
Layer=137
Active=TRUE
Required=FALSE

[Area.138]
Title=@IDS_AREA133_ANT
Local=H:\FSGX2010\ANT
Layer=138
Active=TRUE
Required=FALSE

[Area.139]
Title=@IDS_AREA134_AFR
Local=H:\FSGX2010\AFR
Layer=139
Active=TRUE
Required=FALSE

Here the mesh working at KORS...and with lovely boat traffic all around:

20170814085532_1.jpg

20170814085548_1.jpg

20170814085724_1.jpg

20170814085912_1.jpg

• Upvote 1

6 hours ago, VeryBumpy said:

Wow, very nice looking.

Bumpy..it's looking real good, world-wide.  Very easy to place in...and no "YOU DID WHAT?@?@?" from FSW, lol.  No indigestion....

If you have it, just go to each folder, and them open up to the root of that folder, and then capture the system address at the top and copy it.

Then, as you see what I have done here..( you MUST place LocalMesh above all the others, first..so capture that first...) keep adding in all the folders, but with the proper syntax (as you see I have here...) for each layer. After that, you are done, if you see FSW compiling and then building the scenery data base, you are in...go, fly...and enjoy.

BTW, the 80 A.I. boat and ship package that was created for FSX, works like a charm. To see the lakes, oceans...etc filled once more with living traffic...ESPECIALLY upon the Great Lakes...along with great scenery LOD...is the one-two punch so far.

Happy installing!

Post Edit: "btw...we ALL know how much real-life commercial and pleasure marine traffic there is, around Orcas Island!  To not have it in the sim...drops real-world believeability ten fold.  If you have it...believeability 'ups' ten-fold." 

btw..sorry for saying 'here's how you place it in your FSX scenery.cfg'..........duh...I hope you all know I meant to type FSW scenery.cfg file....was tired I guess, lol. Sorry for the confusion if generated.

Mitch

Mitch I just looked at my FS-Global install bearing in mind that mine was the FS-Global 2018 FSW compatible version. Those layers were installed from Area 99 through to 106. I do not know if my new version is any great improvement over 2010 but as to me FSW s a stayer it was worth paying the $60 for the new version IMHO.

32 minutes ago, AOB said:

Mitch I just looked at my FS-Global install bearing in mind that mine was the FS-Global 2018 FSW compatible version. Those layers were installed from Area 99 through to 106. I do not know if my new version is any great improvement over 2010 but as to me FSW s a stayer it was worth paying the $60 for the new version IMHO.

Hi AOB,

I didn't even know that they had a dedicated FSW release! :)))

Being that my install was basically a 'hack'...I'm grateful it is running just fine.  I just set the address lines to my FSX:SE instillation of it.

I'll go to their web site and read about the dedicated release. I'd imagine that you have a higher mesh factor than my longer-in-the-tooth version. :)

I see that it is on-sale at 'the FS store...right now $60.00, AUS.  It doesn't mention though that it is also FSW aware...hmmm...

I got mine from the Flightsim store and it did say FSW compatible. It is the FS-Global 2018 FTX compatible version not the ultimate (80 gb download was too much of a download to contemplate). When you unpack it and run install you get a drop down menu and the FSW selection is right there. The only problem I had was that although it installed terrain files to the correct steam directory it modified the scenery config under C:\ProgramFiles\FSW and that is not where I have my FSW program Installation. Not sure if I missed something there or if that is a default. No biggie I just renamed my scenery.cfg in my true FSW directory and copied the updated one across. It was a bit strange in that it recognised and kept the extra entries in scenery.cfg for my added on areas and inserted the FS-Global entries from Area 99-106. You would have thought if it "read" my scenery.cfg it would have known where it was and updated it there instead of plonking it under C:|ProgramFiles\FSW.

Also I received an email this morning from FSPilotshop.com your might be interested in. I checked out the website and noticed this

https://www.fspilotshop.com/drzewiecki-design-new-york-city-p-5891.html

I bought that a week or so ago for the original price and now it is 30% cheaper at $25.20. :ohmy: It is FSW compatible and installs into the correct AddOn scenery directory. No need to mess with scenery.cfg at all.

26 minutes ago, AOB said:

I got mine from the Flightsim store and it did say FSW compatible. It is the FS-Global 2018 FTX compatible version not the ultimate (80 gb download was too much of a download to contemplate). When you unpack it and run install you get a drop down menu and the FSW selection is right there. The only problem I had was that although it installed terrain files to the correct steam directory it modified the scenery config under C:\ProgramFiles\FSW and that is not where I have my FSW program Installation. Not sure if I missed something there or if that is a default. No biggie I just renamed my scenery.cfg in my true FSW directory and copied the updated one across. It was a bit strange in that it recognised and kept the extra entries in scenery.cfg for my added on areas and inserted the FS-Global entries from Area 99-106. You would have thought if it "read" my scenery.cfg it would have known where it was and updated it there instead of plonking it under C:|ProgramFiles\FSW.

Also I received an email this morning from FSPilotshop.com your might be interested in. I checked out the website and noticed this

https://www.fspilotshop.com/drzewiecki-design-new-york-city-p-5891.html

I bought that a week or so ago for the original price and now it is 30% cheaper at $25.20. :ohmy: It is FSW compatible and installs into the correct AddOn scenery directory. No need to mess with scenery.cfg at all.

Thanks AOB, for the head's up on all that. :)

Cheers,

Mitch

Can I ask a question. When a FSW update comes through will it mess up all your hard work of adding these item's? Or is it just a super simple fix for ya'll ( yes southern gent here)?

"Coffee, if your not shaking, you need another cup"
Flight Sim Break Discord Channel: https://discord.com/invite/fCV62Ka2QZ

I do not think any major update will affect your FSW compatible products as you can simply run setup again. The tweaks and personal settings would probably all go. Best to make regular backups of your AddOn directory and cfg files if you are into tweaking.

18 hours ago, AOB said:

I had already installed the FS-Global Next Generation Ultimate* to P3Dv4, so it was nearly instantaneous to cross-install to FSW, once I figured out how to get to that option that is...

...it was somewhat annoying to have to enter that very l o n g license number again though!

* NB: I have the 9 double-density DVD disks in a tin box. The original installation to P3Dv4 took nearly six hours!

Fr. Bill    

AOPA Member: 07141481 AARP Member: 3209010556

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

Well I think FS-Global is almost indispensjble and was concerned about how my 2010 version would cope with a major FSW update if I chose to do what you did. That is why I went for the safer $60 2018 FSW compatible version. How did you get on with KLAS McCarran Intl? Is your airport on a plateau? The AFM 2.0 I got out of them does not seem so easy to use as the FSX version.