Sign in to follow this  
wrap23

KORF lights

I doubt this is of interest to most users as Norfolk International is not a big popular airport. However, I live locally and fly in and out weekly so I'm very glad you created it. Although it's my understanding that it is P3Dv4 compatible, the runway lighting at night is not right. It looks cartoonish and not real at all. Would it be possible to give this a look and see if you get the same results?

Thanks,

Don

Don Spence

ASUS Prime Z390-A, i9-9900K @ 5.0GHz, 32GB Corsair Vengeance RGB PRO 3600MHz, EVGA 1080 Ti SC2, Corsair H100i RGB Platinum cooler, Samsung 950 Pro M.2 512GB, Samsung 960 EVO M.2 1TB, Samsung 970 EVO PLUS M.2 2TB, 2 x Intel 730 480GB SSD, CORSAIR RMX White RM850X  PSU, CORSAIR Crystal Series 680X RGB Case, Dell U3818DW

Hi,

I made KORF using FSX as a reference, and textures with the "emission" properties become way too bright with Prepar3d's HDR lighting on.

I should have the v4 installer out this week and it'll tone down the night lighting a lot.

Kind regards,

Shaun

That is fantastic Shaun. I look forward to it! Thanks for responding.

Don

Don Spence

ASUS Prime Z390-A, i9-9900K @ 5.0GHz, 32GB Corsair Vengeance RGB PRO 3600MHz, EVGA 1080 Ti SC2, Corsair H100i RGB Platinum cooler, Samsung 950 Pro M.2 512GB, Samsung 960 EVO M.2 1TB, Samsung 970 EVO PLUS M.2 2TB, 2 x Intel 730 480GB SSD, CORSAIR RMX White RM850X  PSU, CORSAIR Crystal Series 680X RGB Case, Dell U3818DW

Local myself, live at the threshold end of 05. Need any pics, let me know. Glad to see you are still working on a fine airport.

Hi Folks,

I can appreciate KORF - Base to Final 05 - would love to see the SXAD version updated...

2mw8huv.jpg

Regards,

Scott

imageproxy.png.c7210bb70e999d98cfd3e77d7

Hi Steve,

Very cool...

Last I flew in there was a few years back - kind of funny - putt'n along in my little bug smasher for 05 on a straight in - just about the point I was nearing the GS - tower's like "caution - wake turbulence" (737 had just landed before me) - - "also keep your speed up as you have a 737 behind you"... LOL - no pressure - speed into wake turbulence - in a little single engine piston ? Beautiful area - hit First Flight as well...

Also kind of funny - it was a type club meet and one of our older gentleman - "forgot" he needed to contact approach before tower at a Charlie - tower yelled at him when he just showed up inside their space but was very cool about it - they sent him out over the Bay Bridge and Tunnel for a bit and made him circle for a while - lol - as a sort of penance - but that was it - they didn't pursue any administrative action with FAA... He learned his lesson but we still joke about it to this day...  

Regards,
Scott 

Edited by scottb613

imageproxy.png.c7210bb70e999d98cfd3e77d7