Sign in to follow this  
neumanix

Reshade your FS9!

Hi folks!

I recently came across Reshade (http://reshade.me) and imo it works great with FS9.

It's basically is a collection of post-processing shaders. You'll need to configure your AA a little diffently though and it'll only work in full screen mode.

First, you have to turn AA ON inside FS9, that's different to what we're used to. Then, set your Nvidia Inspector profile to "Enhance the Application Setting".

With my GTX970 I find 16xS (Antialiasing Setting) and 8xSupersampling (Antialiasing - Transparency Supersampling) to work best. No stutters in heavy clouds either.

Of all the shaders, I ended up just using "Adaptive Sharpen" and "Ambient Light". There is a texture file, "DirtOVR.png" that puts some dust speckles on the lens, but I edited that in Photoshop to remove the dust specks.

You can delete all the shaders that you don't use, that way it reloads a lot faster, and that reloading happens often, everytime you go to the menu and back for example :)

Try it out everyone, it's open source, easy to use and completely free, I think you will like it!

Here's a little taste of what it can look like (late afternoon at Stockholm Arlanda):

PNL2cJx.jpg

It looks great. 

I tried it earlier this evening (before you started this topic) because I was looking for sweetfx 2.0. It directed me to the same program you come up with.

I downloaded it and installed it in my fs9. I tried to start fs9 but it didnt do anything. I wouldnt even give me a warning or log or error. It just wouldnt start.

I believe it has something to do with Sweetfx I installed earlier. There is a file inside the fs9 (cant recall, it has some "3's" in it and it ends with .dll. That file belongs to Sweetfx. I deleted it and fs9 starts like it always did. 

I think Im going to delete all previous Sweetfx files and try reshade again. Maybe some old Sweetfx files are messing up with reshade, I dont know. 

This will be wednesday. I will let you know. 

Thanks for the hu

Is this the same as SweetFX? Because I can not use SweetFX because I have the no CD patch and the sim will not start with the SweetFX files installed.

Yes it's pretty much the same (shader post-processing). You don't need to know any shader programming to use it, there are many default shaders included, most of no use to us, but there are a few that really spice up the lighting and sharpness.

Fs9 wont start after installing the reshader. It doesnt react. I dont what it could be. 

Update: I checked the wrong thing in the start. There was something with a 9 and a 10. I checked the "10" and now it starts.

33 minutes ago, Ando010 said:

And it doesn't seem to un-install very easily. I removed the reshade folder from FS9 but it still loads and shows up when the sim starts with all the errors. Sheesh.

I dont agree with you there. I removed the d3d9.dll from the fs9 folder and everything was back to normal. 

No fuss there. 

4 hours ago, meesterlijk said:

There was something with a 9 and a 10. I checked the "10" and now it starts.

That is the DirectX version, and you should choose 9.

2 hours ago, Ando010 said:

Without a backup copy of the d3d9.dll to overwrite, it was a no go for launch.

The d3d9.dll is part of DirectX and the default one is always in c:\windows\system32 so there's your backup right there.

If there is another d3d9.dll in the local game folder then that one is used instead of the default one, like in the case with reshade and similar post processors.

This worked right away and is so simple to use, don't know what the problem is on your end, sorry.

1 hour ago, neumanix said:

That is the DirectX version, and you should choose 9.

Directx 9 doesnt start with me. Fs9 doesnt do anything.

3 hours ago, meesterlijk said:

Directx 9 doesnt start with me. Fs9 doesnt do anything.

That's very strange. FS9 sure doesn't use dx10 or opengl, so that's the only viable option.

You could try installing DirectX9.0c again to make sure you're not missing any files.

That would be very strange. I have a new legal version of win10. I cant imagine something is missing. 

I will give it a try though.

Maybe it's a Windows thing? I'm still on Win7 Pro x64.

Anyhow, if SweetFX works and does the same thing, then it's all good.

Anyone know where i can get the reshade for FS9?

Asus Tuf Gaming Plus B550 - Asus Ryzen 9 5800X3D - Asus GeForce 4080 RTX OC Edition - 64GB DDR4 Ram 3600Mhz - EVGA 850W Power Supply - 2X 1 TB NVME PCIE gen 4 - Windows 10