Sign in to follow this  
ca_metal

FSW is 25% off on steam - U$18.74

18 minutes ago, VeryBumpy said:

So there are zero AI planes currently? Is there car or boat traffic?

Does the mission creator add any scenery objects?

I can't find any screenshots of large hub airports in this game, are they simply the same as default FSX airports?

There are AI planes, but maybe the size of the AI files and rendering of them is dropping the FPS. I have my AI slider set to low. By default airports are not populated by jets or other aircraft because they are not in the sim yet. People have been able to accomplish this using FSX AI. People have been adding things with the mission editor.

But the default planes are well worth the price. I have paid more for one GA aircraft of lesser quality for FSX as recently as three months ago...

No-brainer purchase. It'll be like when I bought FSX:SE long before I actually started using it, expect that this time I'll fire it up for a look around.

There is AI air traffic, and cars on roads etc, but in the air it is just the default aeroplanes you can fly in the sim unless you add flyable planes yourself (or even ones which you cannot fly), in which case they also get used by the system and you see those about too, for example, the Lionheart Bellanca Viking and the Just Flight Mitsubishi A6M 'Zero' show up as AI aeroplanes on my FSW now since I added them despite the fact that they don't work as flyable planes in the sim. But by default if you don't change anything you will see lots of Piper Cubs and GA stuff like that flying about.

Default airports, even big ones such as EGCC Manchester International are much as they are by default in other sims such as FSX and XP11, i.e. not a bad representation of the real thing as far as runway, taxiway and generic building placement is concerned (runways are not undulating as they are in XP11, which is one thing where XP11 is far better), but nothing special.

Not really messed about with the mission editor much, but I know it is pretty flexible and easy to use. I created a mission in the thing in about 2 minutes, granted it was just 'fly from this airport to that one', but it was very easy to make.

Default Manchester Airport with the AH B17F added into the sim. Note that on two shots you can see the distant cooling towers of the power station near Liverpool (about 20 or so miles away) which is default in FSW but not in FSX nor P3D by default unless you add it with TPD scenery. Autogen buildings on the whole are the same crappy generic stuff of FSX and P3D. The default terrain itself is of course Orbx, so under that autogen it is much better than default in other sims.

xXMaykX.png

2FKaBxH.png

C5uQ3cf.png

Alan Bradbury

Check out my youtube flight sim videos: Here

We are all connected..... To each other, biologically...... To the Earth, chemically...... To the rest of the Universe atomically.

Devons rig
Intel Core i5 13600K @ 5.1GHz / G.SKILL Trident Z5 RGB Series Ram 32GB / GIGABYTE GeForce RTX 4070 Ti GAMING OC 12G Graphics Card / Sound Blaster Z / Meta Quest 2 VR Headset / Klipsch® Promedia 2.1 Computer Speakers / ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279Q ‑ 27" IPS LED Monitor ‑ QHD / 1x Samsung SSD 850 EVO 500GB / 2x Samsung SSD 860 EVO 1TB /  1x Samsung - 970 EVO Plus 2TB NVMe /  1x Samsung 980 NVMe 1TB / 2 other regular hd's with up to 10 terabyte capacity / Windows 11 Pro 64-bit / Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX Motherboard LGA 1700 DDR5

57 minutes ago, VeryBumpy said:

I can't find any screenshots of large hub airports in this game, are they simply the same as default FSX airports?

I have custom scenery installed.

I have A.I. 80 Boats installed and filling up the Great Lakes, regular lakes, and oceans.

I have now both Orbx OLC North America and Europe Custom land class installed, and WOW..what a difference to the standard in-sim ORBX supplied Global...looks just like FSX or P3D, with all that 3rPD stuff installed. I might now even spring for OLC_South America because of this...:)))))

The only thing I could not get working are some Orbx (objectflow) airports, and My Traffic for airplane A.I.   I'm just going to wait until non-hack options are available...and then just buy that.  

For a sim-in-progress, my copy is looking damn nice, right now! :)

Still too early for me, even at such an attractive price.

My strong suspicion, however, is that we'll always see regular discounts for the core sim. This would be consistent with Dovetail's train sim offering, whereby the core sim is merely the conduit to sell tons of DLC.

21 minutes ago, Parping Couplet said:

Still too early for me, even at such an attractive price.

My strong suspicion, however, is that we'll always see regular discounts for the core sim. This would be consistent with Dovetail's train sim offering, whereby the core sim is merely the conduit to sell tons of DLC.

In other words, no different than a lot of Sims on the market. Flying, racing, trains, starships, etc, etc....

41 minutes ago, tutmeister said:

Hey Ses, throw us some screenies! Especially europe.

I might try and crowbar some orbx regions into it now.

Chris

I just did some around KORS...will do some for Europe as well.  Well worth the hack... :)

Just like P3D but pay for the upgrades then it`s just conduit for expensive pay ware addons . 

Ray Fry.

Raymond Fry.

PMDG_Banner_747_Enthusiast.jpg

1 hour ago, rjfry said:

Just like P3D but pay for the upgrades then it`s just conduit for expensive pay ware addons . 

Ray Fry.

And this is different from FSX and P3D how exactly? :tongue:

Fr. Bill    

AOPA Member: 07141481 AARP Member: 3209010556

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

18 hours ago, AOB said:

I got mine for nothing as I had their Flight School :ha:

I have upgraded my FS-Global 2018 to FS-Global 2018 FSW compatible...

I bought FS-Global Ultimate Next Generation at FlightSimCon for $65 (show price). I hesitated until I learned that I could install it in all four sims that I have currently installed, then it became much less "expensive" in my estimation ($16.25/sim)... :biggrin:

Fr. Bill    

AOPA Member: 07141481 AARP Member: 3209010556

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

43 minutes ago, n4gix said:

And this is different from FSX and P3D how exactly? :tongue:

It`s not but that`s my point its the steam DLC thing that they are being bashed for, but you don't have to buy on steam in fact just about all my addons were not purchased on steam for FSX:SE.

It just a case of some finding a stick to beat them with.

Ray Fry.

Raymond Fry.

PMDG_Banner_747_Enthusiast.jpg

6 hours ago, VeryBumpy said:

I thin you can turn them on, but people are getting big hit's right now on their systems, I think, not sure!

Yes, I have created some very simple mission's with simple scenery objects, that I do know!

"Coffee, if your not shaking, you need another cup"
Flight Sim Break Discord Channel: https://discord.com/invite/fCV62Ka2QZ

Ok for less than $20, I'm in. I'm pleasantly surprised by the progress that's been made thus far. And hopeful that this will end up being one of the biggest bargains in flight sim history. Cautiously optimistic but firmly grounded in reality as well. 

Chris