Sign in to follow this  
Sesquashtoo

Dang, this sim even pre-release, has Aretha Franklin all over it..!

Gawd, this sim has 'Soul'!

The night flight between KORS and Abbotsford, was so incredible...and the screen grabs do not due the actual upon-the-screen any sort of justice!  I have stated many times since purchasing and installing, that this sim is so different from my FSX:SE, XP11, P3D v3.4...it has such depth of atmospheric 'feel'...you feel..that you flying through, and over the environment...especially at night. They have KILLED this..and not even RTM!   The terrain, the lighting engine, the MOON...casting across the ocean...gawd...this is such a piece of work. I can't stop flying the dang thing...wow, wow, wow...  

The images don't have 30 percent of the depth and clarity of the real on-screen image..but whatever they are...just wanted to share this fabulous night operation experience..:

To get some detail up...left click once upon each image, and then left click once more...then some details shows...

20170814182300_1.jpg

20170814182319_1.jpg

20170814182341_1.jpg

20170814182407_1.jpg

20170814182428_1.jpg

20170814182428_2.jpg

20170814182450_1.jpg

20170814182524_1.jpg

20170814182550_1.jpg

20170814182633_1.jpg

Hi Mitch,

Soul? Really? Where?

Its against SOP to drink and fly! ::blink:

Seriously, what sim is this?

Kind regards,

Stephen

PS: As always, love your enthusiasm!

I think you're missing the best part of it: the internal lighting in the cockpit, i.e. panel lighting.

Cheers, Ed

Cheers, Ed

MSFS Steam - Win10 Home x64 // Rig: Corsair Graphite 760T Full Tower - ASUS MBoard Maximus XII Hero Z490 - CPU Intel i9-10900K - 64GB RAM - MSI RTX2080 Super 8GB - [1xNVMe M.2 1TB + 1xNVMe M.2 2TB (Samsung)] + [1xSSD 1TB + 1xSSD 2TB (Crucial)] + [1xSSD 1TB (Samsung)] + 1 HDD Seagate 2TB + 1 HDD Seagate External 4TB - Monitor LG 29UC97C UWHD Curved - PSU Corsair RM1000x - VR Oculus Rift // MSFS Steam - Win 10 Home x64 - Gaming Laptop CUK ASUS Strix - CPU Intel i7-8750H - 32GB RAM - RTX2070 8GB - SSD 2TB + HDD 2TB // Thrustmaster FCS & MS XBOX Controllers

I'm admittedly underwhelmed by a series of almost black screenshots. Please post something we can see. 

We want to be whelmed! 

Keep the blue part on top...

Ryzen 7800x3D | ASUS Rog Strix B650E-F | MSI RTX 4090 Suprim Liquid X | 64GB DDR5 6000Mhz RAM | 2x Samsung 960 M.2 SSD | 2x Samsung 850 SSD | NZXT Kraken x72 Cooler | EVGA 1000 PSU

6 minutes ago, ZLA Steve said:

I'm admittedly underwhelmed by a series of almost black screenshots. Please post something we can see. 

We want to be whelmed! 

Re-calibrate your monitor once again ! :emu_melk::ha:

1 hour ago, SpiritFlyer said:

Hi Mitch,

Soul? Really? Where?

Its against SOP to drink and fly! ::blink:

Seriously, what sim is this?

Kind regards,

Stephen

PS: As always, love your enthusiasm!

FSW... and if Aretha Franklin..that great lady...was a flight simmer...this would be the one she would identify with :)))))

It has...a feelilng ....and I will call it, Soul...:)

Cheers,

25 minutes ago, gamer19 said:

Re-calibrate your monitor once again ! :emu_melk::ha:

Actually, it is brighter upon my monitor...it darkens converting to a screen shot.  If you enlarge, it does show some detail...sorry for the darkened image. I know it is less than optimum. I probably should just pass on night shots...lol.

57 minutes ago, edpatino said:

I think you're missing the best part of it: the internal lighting in the cockpit, i.e. panel lighting.

Cheers, Ed

Oh, it was there...but Ed, the 'etheral' feel to this sim...is just fantastic.  I will say this, with my Flame Retardant Suit on...it rivals XP11 for night ops...I would not have said that of any other sim to date...but now, I will state that.

34 minutes ago, Sesquashtoo said:

it rivals XP11 for night ops...

It's certainly better than XP11 in simulating aircrafts with failed landing lights bulbs, since at the moment the ground remains pitch black even if landing lights are on.

But it would be interesting to see some night cityscapes shots.

EDIT: forgot a smiley :happy: And I like the night environment in those shots. The moon lighting is very nice and XP11 is still missing that.

• Upvote 1

"The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is hard to verify their authenticity." [Abraham Lincoln]

29 minutes ago, Murmur said:

It's certainly better than XP11 in simulating aircrafts with failed landing lights bulbs, since at the moment the ground remains pitch black even if landing lights are on.

But it would be interesting to see some night cityscapes shots.

EDIT: forgot a smiley :happy: And I like the night environment in those shots. The moon lighting is very nice and XP11 is still missing that.

Murmur, I know well, these were lousy shots..but the mood took me...and yeah...I was wondering at KORS, why I had no landing or taxi lights on the runway.  FSX and P3D has moon lighting swath over the water...but FSW's is simply superior.