Sign in to follow this  
Sesquashtoo

Sticking with day shots for FSW, lol!

My night shots suck..lol, so...only day shots from now on, lol

Here's two from a flight over an hour ago...British Columbia really comes out well, in FSW's orb's global whatever edition...

The second shot has me right over Abbotsford, BC

Any shot taken with FSW, is with all sliders set to Ultra, and never set lower.

BTW, try doing an aggresive side-slip to lose altitude quickly...in FSW, what a hoot...in how well it is handled, and the sounds of the wind coming from ACCU-FEEL when doing so... 

I was over Abbotsford  at 12, 000 or so, when I decided to land there...and basically floated down in a full control, side-slip.  Dropped beautifully with minimal forward gain, and again the wind outside the canopy...was ace!

20170814192916_1.jpg

20170814194207_1.jpg

• Upvote 1

Nice Atmosphere, but that default landclass around Abbotsford???  Yikes, it's not even close to what the area is really like.  Looks like you will need a good landclass addon or ORBX PNW for FSW if it becomes available, to get anything close reality. I think I'll stick with my Ortho4xp for now.

• Upvote 1

Martin 

Sims: MSFS and X-plane 11

Home Airport: CYCW - Chilliwack, BC Canada

i5 13600KF 32GB DDR4 3600 RAM, RTX3080TI  HP Reverb G2

Beautiful. As someone who isn't from the area, it looks and feels like flying in the PNW to me! Great shots. 

Let me guess.... you want 64bit. 

Josh Daniels-Johannson

1 hour ago, TheFlightSimGuy said:

Beautiful. As someone who isn't from the area, it looks and feels like flying in the PNW to me! Great shots. 

I agree it looks good as far as a generic landscape. For someone who is not familiar with the area - well what you don't know can't hurt you. Frankly, I'm surprised the default landclass is as bad as what I see in the screenshot. I like to be confident the areas I fly in the sim are a reasonable facsimile of reality, so to me this would not feel like flying in the PNW.  Fortunately landclass is something that can be fixed with suitable addons, if and when available for FSW. I must say, the clouds and sky look absolutely stellar.

Martin 

Sims: MSFS and X-plane 11

Home Airport: CYCW - Chilliwack, BC Canada

i5 13600KF 32GB DDR4 3600 RAM, RTX3080TI  HP Reverb G2

6 hours ago, turnandbank said:

I agree it looks good as far as a generic landscape. For someone who is not familiar with the area - well what you don't know can't hurt you. Frankly, I'm surprised the default landclass is as bad as what I see in the screenshot. I like to be confident the areas I fly in the sim are a reasonable facsimile of reality, so to me this would not feel like flying in the PNW.  Fortunately landclass is something that can be fixed with suitable addons, if and when available for FSW. I must say, the clouds and sky look absolutely stellar.

I think that I am going to try and get my Orbx OLC_NA into the scenery.cfg file and see if FSW digests it, or spits it out :)))

11 hours ago, Sesquashtoo said:

I think that I am going to try and get my Orbx OLC_NA into the scenery.cfg file and see if FSW digests it, or spits it out :)))

FSW gave me no burps or 'gas', and compiled clean.

Mission accomplished...world of difference all over North America and Europe.

The glaring problem that I see here and I also instantly noticed in FSW is that nearly everything was forested. Abbotsford is a city, nothing near what FSW makes it out to be. The LC is horrible quite a few steps backwards from default FS9 or FSX even. Let's see some with ORBX LC.

i7-13700KF, 32gb DDR4 3200,  RTX 4080, Win 11, MSFS

17 hours ago, Dave_YVR said:

The glaring problem that I see here and I also instantly noticed in FSW is that nearly everything was forested. Abbotsford is a city, nothing near what FSW makes it out to be. The LC is horrible quite a few steps backwards from default FS9 or FSX even. Let's see some with ORBX LC.

"Honestly Dave, to get that...you will need to go XP11 and Ortho4XP.  THAT will give you  virtual....absolutely.  No synthetic textures from Orbx, or anybody else in any ESP based flight sim, will give you the 'real deal' such as ortho would.  Even after OLC landclass injected, it is still a synthetic visual. There is no way around this with FSX(whatever), P3D(whatever) or FSW(pre-release)."

I'm quite happy with OXBC LC and the various FTX regions personally, I was just pointing out that the LC in FSW is essentially non existent. At least with the default FSX, and P3d there was some sort or vector data used in the LC.

i7-13700KF, 32gb DDR4 3200,  RTX 4080, Win 11, MSFS

1 hour ago, Dave_YVR said:

I'm quite happy with OXBC LC and the various FTX regions personally, I was just pointing out that the LC in FSW is essentially non existent. At least with the default FSX, and P3d there was some sort or vector data used in the LC.

Actually, that vector data, probably came from Orbx Vector. I don't have that hacked into FSW...yet. :)