Sign in to follow this  
Guest jennifer

FSscene & GE

Does GE overwrite the FSscene textures? I am planning to purchase GE I want to know how much "pre" work I need to do with FS9. I am currently running UT, FSgenesis Terrain & FSScene TexturesThanksAndrew

Boeing777_Banner_Pilot.jpg

Guest jennifer

"...Does GE overwrite the FSscene textures?..."I hope so!x(

> I hope so!x( :-lol I never liked the look of them either especially the autumn textures.

I will make sure they'll do !!!FSsene is crap and much too expensive. I've bought all 4 Africa seasons for 48 Euros (about $60.oo) only a week ago and was so disappointed I had to ask for a refund....... obviously no chance.Roland

Guest jennifer

Yes GE is excellent value for money too and all the autogen aligned beautifully.

Guest Adverse Yawn

I agree. FScene was a huge dissapoinment for the cost. I thought the textures repeated more than the defaults and the autogen is bonkers with buildings everywhere, so unrealistic especially with those goofy small grass airfields. I bought the Just Flight boxed version. I suspect Just Flight ballsed it up. Seriously considering GE.

Guest allcott

>I agree. FScene was a huge dissapoinment for the cost. I>thought the textures repeated more than the defaults and the>autogen is bonkers with buildings everywhere, so unrealistic>especially with those goofy small grass airfields. I bought>the Just Flight boxed version. I suspect Just Flight ballsed>it up. Seriously considering GE.There are a variety of patches for the autogen in FScene from the FScene website- don't know if they're relevant for the Just Flight versh, but I'd be very surprised if they weren't.A point to remember about GE and Fscene. Over at the Flight 1 forums everyone is talking about backing up the World/Sceery/Texture folder and reinstalling the default textures before installing GE. BUT some of the files that have been made available for d/l for Fscene also modify the FS9/Texture folder and the .agn autogen files. If you don't change those back to default as well you're asking for trouble!GE highlights the faux pricing policy of these other replacement textures, and the fact that the `regional` release policy is just bogus. If I had known then what I know now I might have actually taken the Fscene products to my local Trading Standards Office as it seems we've been hoodwinked. And I'n not getting suckered into any more BEV either!Allcott

Guest moonstar

Can someone list, in detail,and what FS9 CD, how to re-install the original textures. All of them. I have some FScene installed as well and would like to buy GE. Also using some FS Genesis stuff,landclass and some other textures. Do I uninstall them too?

When I reviewed FSscene I initially really liked them, but after I used them for some time I found the repetitive textures tiresome and some cities were totally devoid of Autogen, after uninstalling them and switching to GE, all my autogen is back and the textures are so much more believable..

Guest moonstar

Can someone tell me which disc has the original scenery files. I don't have Excel and the provided link is dead. I appreciate the help Jim, but somebody must know the location. And, if someone that helped write or develop GE is reading this, please tell me what the best way to proceed would be. I have FScene scattered around in my FS9 install, I want to install Ground Environment and overwrite FScene, please advise detailed instructions if there are any. Thanks.

Guest Peter Wilding

I'm not sure which disk the textures are on.hook up with me on msn messenger on voice tomorrow on p.wilding@btopenworld.com and I'll talk you through it.