Sign in to follow this  
fautleyj

Throttle Problem

Hi Folks. When I fly the Carenado C208 Caravan with my P3Dv3. Taxiing is virtually impossible. The throttle either speeds the aircraft to taxi at 21kts + with very little throttle, but when pulling throttle back just slightly the taxi speed drops to zero in no time. It seems all or nothing at all. There is no gradual action with the throttle. I tried setting the controls with FSUIPC, but I still got the same poor throttle results. Is there anything in the C208 .cfg that can be tweaked to enable the throttles to perform correctly please?

John

Are you taxiing with the condition lever in the low or high position?

You can adjust NG with the condition lever. Depending on the weight and taxi speed you can leave the power lever at idle with at approx 67% NG

That's strange because with the power lever at idle and the condition lever at high, the 208 accelerates above 20kts at all weights.

Do you have any friction add-on running?

AFAIK, e.g. accufeel and FSUIPC are able to alter tire friction. (I don't use these programs)

Another throttle problem...?

I have just reinstalled Carenado C208B Grand Caravan HD (FSX), and the aircraft works fine including the CH Throttle Quadrant (all levers). 

I have also purchased Carenado C208B Super Cargomaster Expansion (for FSX), but the throttle lever springs back to idle position whether i am using the CH or keyboard (1 2 3 4). All other operating features appear to work fine, but given i can't get off the ground, that remains to be seen. Tried numerous suggested fixes but the problem remains. I also started with the std HD model (ready for taxi), then tried to switch to the Cargomaster but still no throttle...?

Thanks

Does the throttle work with the default 208?  The Carenado 208 has been designed strictly according to the SDK.

On 8/15/2017 at 11:45 AM, FDEdev said:

That's strange because with the power lever at idle and the condition lever at high, the 208 accelerates above 20kts at all weights.

Do you have any friction add-on running?

Make sure you have the Inertial Separator ON.....This will Reduce the "Power" of the engine.  P3D does not really simulate the PT6 to the best of it's functions and thus Carenado kind of uses the Inertial Separator like a "Power Reducer".....This will simulate the Inertial Separator kind of.....So same with Starting up -- you will see this in the TBM especially that even with the Brakes on if you start with the inertial separator off then it will REV WAY up and jump forward.

The Inertial Separator is there to create a Path for debris to exit the intake when it makes the Turn back up into the Engine near the Firewall.  This is to be used when you are on the Ground Taxiing and also when you're going to be going into / Through icing conditions so that the Ice will fly out before the turn in the intake into the engine.

So when Taxiing have that ON and you will find that you have easier lower power setting control.

On 3/29/2020 at 11:09 PM, Aviator49 said:

Another throttle problem...?

I have just reinstalled Carenado C208B Grand Caravan HD (FSX), and the aircraft works fine including the CH Throttle Quadrant (all levers). 

I have also purchased Carenado C208B Super Cargomaster Expansion (for FSX), but the throttle lever springs back to idle position whether i am using the CH or keyboard (1 2 3 4). All other operating features appear to work fine, but given i can't get off the ground, that remains to be seen. Tried numerous suggested fixes but the problem remains. I also started with the std HD model (ready for taxi), then tried to switch to the Cargomaster but still no throttle...?

Thanks

I would check to make sure you don't have double events set somewhere.

I have also had times were some noise in the throttle could send it bad values and my Engine Conditioner is set to cut out.....

Les O'Reilly