Sign in to follow this  
Sesquashtoo

As requested ORBX (Hack) OLC_Europe near ENVA Norway

As you can see, Landclass files are badly needed within FSW, (just as required for FSX and P3D!!!) and once installed...everything looks like any other ESP-based with ORBX Global and OLC Landclass installed.

ORBX (Hack) OLC_Europe and Pilot's FSX2010 Global (Hack) Custom Mesh running in theses screen grabs:

Here is just out of ENVA, Norway...

20170815104201_1.jpg

20170815104217_1.jpg

20170815104230_1.jpg

20170815104258_1.jpg

20170815104324_1.jpg

20170815104425_1.jpg

20170815104444_1.jpg

20170815104557_1.jpg

• Upvote 1

8 hours ago, ca_metal said:

Wow, looks good! Can´t wait until Orbx support it officialy.

...why wait...?  It has made Europe look just great...!

It takes a little editing time...but oh man...is the effort worth the time invested...oh yeah!

Cheers,

'Git er done' Mitch

1 hour ago, Sesquashtoo said:

...why wait...?  It has made Europe look just great...!

It takes a little editing time...but oh man...is the effort worth the time invested...oh yeah!

Cheers,

'Git er done' Mitch

I think official support will bring us some advantages. ORBX can use the new technologies present on FSW to improve the scenery in some way. For example, FSW uses PBR lighting, it's possible they can tune the textures to look better aside with that. 

P.S.: I'm not waiting, I have tried some FSX sceneries myself. LOL

9 hours ago, Learjet777 said:

Sesquashtoo, your referral fee money is in the mail. I think maybe, just maybe, you convinced 2 people to buy FSW! Baby steps!

LOL:cool:

Looks vastly improved!  But I will force myself to be patient and wait until these things come natively to FSW.  It's too early on (in my opinion) for too much hacking, and future updates might change the sim ecosystem, and clash with such hacks.   I know FSW will be as good (better in many areas, such as effects) as P3D and FSX in time, but I'm going to sit back and enjoy the other sims and wait until such addons are fully compatible and supported. 

Good on you for some great experimentation and results though Mitch!

• Upvote 1

Bill

UK LAPL-A (Formerly NPPL-A and -M)

7 minutes ago, JYW said:

Looks vastly improved!  But I will force myself to be patient and wait until these things come natively to FSW.  It's too early on (in my opinion) for too much hacking, and future updates might change the sim ecosystem, and clash with such hacks.   I know FSW will be as good (better in many areas, such as effects) as P3D and FSX in time, but I'm going to sit back and enjoy the other sims and wait until such addons are fully compatible and supported. 

Thats is what is so great about Steam. Just uninstall, reinstall or verify files.... Hack away....

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, switch686 said:

Thats is what is so great about Steam. Just uninstall, reinstall or verify files.... Hack away....

Yep...as you say! :)  Nothing is actually too fatal in this platform....

3 hours ago, JYW said:

Well, with respect,...you might be waiting a long time...over two years...before FSW goes RTM.  In that time, you could have enjoyed all the great benefits of having custom landclass (of which you already dropped the coin on, and believe me, ORBX Global NEEDS custom landclass to make it shine in any ESP-based platform).

Orbx will not move on any official installer, until that time...so time itself, would hold you hostage to the wait....

You only have to make a copy of the virgin Scenery.cfg file and slap it onto your Desktop for safe keeping, or...merely invoke the VERIFY from Steam, and everything will be made back to virgin install, Scenery.cfg included.

I highly recommend you take the time to edit Scenery.cfg pointing to the OLC of all your OLC regions...and enjoy the visual benefits, from this very moment thereon.  You are so missing out, my man...and I am in a position looking down from the cockpit....to know...

Post Edit: I also recommend that if you do decide to make 'time' dance to YOUR tune,...after you edit the Scenery.cfg to bring in OLC_whatever, make a copy after your first successful FSW-compile and evident run with OLC (whatever) clearly in the mix...shut down, and make a copy of that custom Scenery.cfg file...and call a folder CUSTOM FSW SCENERY.CFG on the Desktop...with a copy of the file inside. If ever an update does rewrite the Scenery.cfg file...you only have to bring back the layers in a copy and past, into THAT updated Scenery.cfg, and you are once more, good to go with the very next flight.

I have successfully imported to FSW (hack mode/non 'official'):

PWS Caribbean

Pilot's FSX2010 Global custom mesh

Orbx OLC for both North America and Europe

Boats/Ships A.I.

I will of course enjoy and thereafter use, any official installer, coming from Orbx,or anybody else for FSW, and whatever perks will come from the official channel.  Until then...enjoying a much, much improved FSW experience total sum.

Cheers, no matter what you decide.

Mitch'er

• Upvote 1

Very fair points @Sesquashtoo - I think you might be right.   Oh well, what harm can a little playing around do! :)

Bill

UK LAPL-A (Formerly NPPL-A and -M)

1 hour ago, JYW said:

Very fair points @Sesquashtoo - I think you might be right.   Oh well, what harm can a little playing around do! :)

Exact-ta-mondo! :)

Have at it...and enjoy!

Cheers,

Mitch