Sign in to follow this  
colin866

Which has priority with regards to commands

Hello All, I am new to programming, can anyone tell me which has priority where commands are concerned, P3dv4 Lida or even SPAD NeXt. I have all 3 programmes including FSUIPC 5.103 registered. I am trying to programme my home built switch panel using a Leo Bodnar BBI-32 board and any of the above programmes. Do I have to remove all assigned commands from the P3dv4 directory before using either Linda or SPAD NeXt. I have coded a switch to be master battery switch when used it changes the view instead. This was using Linda.

I have many more questions but this is my biggest problem knowing which takes priority.

Thanks

Colin866

Hi Colin

Welcome to LINDA.  As P3Dv4, FSUIPC5, LINDA and SPAD each process inputs from HID devices, you will find none has priority. You must ensure that only one piece of software is assigned to handle a particular button or axis. FSUIPC and P3Dv4 will conflict with each other for axes given unexpected result. Likewise, all the above can interfere with each other when handling buttons. For your Leo Bodnar USB board you need to decide which to use and delete all other assignments. For example, if you want LINDA to handle a button, you must delete that button actions in P3Dv4 and FSUIPC5.

Andrew Gransden

Scotland, UK

LINDA Support/Developer - VATSIM and BAVirtual - Airbus Flyer

i7 1TB SSD GTX980 - FSX/P3D - Aerosoft Airbus A318/A319/A320/A321 - FS2Crew

ScotFlieger,    

Thanks for the detailed reply you confirmed what I thought Do I have to delete the actions if I want to use both Linda and SPAD Next although not both at the same time, will they clash with each other even if one programme is not actually being used my programmes are installed on the same drive in my pc P3dv4 is on a drive outside windows x86 security.

Thanks

Colin866

Hi ScotFlieger,

I forgot to ask in my last post do we have to untick the box for enabling controllers in P3dv4 just the same as FSX I am using a Saitek X52 with Saitek Pro pedals, as mentioned earlier my switch panel is home made interfacing with a BBI-32 board. I have noticed that P3dv4 has assigned some actions to my switch panel without any intervention from myself hence why i was getting change view when i assigned Master Battery switch on/off to a toggle switch.

thanks

Colin866

P3D will allocate some default assignments for devices it recognises. I find it a good idea to save my configuration because I have found these unwanted defaults can be reapplied. The tick box will stop P3D using any device. The only problem I have found is that it also remove the HAT pan view which I use a lot in the virtual cockpit.

Unless you are using the Saitek pro flight panels then you should not need to do anything with Spad and LINDA. You can leave them installed but I would using one or the other to avoid confusing yourself.

Andrew Gransden

Scotland, UK

Hello ScottFlieger,

What I am proposing to do is make a systems trainer of the Grob 115e Tutor as used by the RAF and the Air Cadets I am using IRIS Simulations offering of the Grob which is very good having flown the real thing on numerous occasions myself. I am using the FSX variant  in P3dv4 is seems to work apart from all the lighting not working from either my switch panel or from inside the aircraft using the onboard switches. I have contacted IRIS Simulations but they are renowned for being extremely slow in response to enquiries i have requested an update as to when or if a P3dv4 version will be released.

Hello Again,

I have noticed on my copy of Linda that every thing refers to FSX, synchronization etc. I do have FSX installed on the same drive, my version of Linda is 3.0.1 and i have P3dv4 and FSUIPC 5.103 should Linda be displaying P3dv4 instead of FSX or is it a generic labelling or would I be better off uninstalling FSX all together. Could there be a possibility that FSX is interfering with Linda and P3dv4 causing conflicts.

Thanks

Colin

All the Flt Sims you list original from Microsoft Flight Simulator X (FSX) and LM has the licence to develop commercial updates to the original. 

LINDA must be installed alongside the appropriate version of FSUIPC in the /modules folder in the root directory of each Sim you have installed. LINDA 3.0.1 detects the version it is working with. The is no risk of conflicts as you can only run one version at a time. 

Note - FSUIPC5 is now available as 5.112. 

Andrew Gransden

Scotland, UK

On 16/08/2017 at 6:18 AM, ScotFlieger said:

The only problem I have found is that it also remove the HAT pan view which I use a lot in the virtual cockpit.

I find that the FSUICP "Pan View" axis assignment seems to work as well as the native P3D one. 
?

gb.

YSSY. Win 10, 6700K@4.8, Corsair H115i Cooler, RTX 4070Ti, 32GB G.Skill Trident Z F4-3200, Samsung 960 EVO M.2 256GB, ASUS Maximus VIII Ranger, Corsair HX850i 850W, Thermaltake Core X31 Case, Samsung 4K 65" TV.

Thank you gb. I had always tried to assign buttons to the pan view but your tip to assign the axes works beautifully.

For other readers. Open FSUIPC options and settings, select Axis Assignment and operate the HAT control. Then select Send to FS as normal axis and enter Pan View. Finally click on OK. In flt sim controls, untick Enable Controller(s) (in P3D4 this is found under Controls/Other).

Andrew Gransden

Scotland, UK