Sign in to follow this  
Wise87

Mouse flicker 737 FMC

I know this has been discussed in the past but was wondering if anyone has a fix. For some reason the PMDG 737 is the only plane were I have a strange mouse flicker on the FMC's only. I get like a ghost flicker to the right of the mouse pointer when trying to enter info into the FMC both VC and pop-out. 

I just built a new Win 10 7700K @ 5.0Ghz system to run P3Dv4. I've tried different video drivers with same results. The sim is clean install, no strange app running in background. I did not have this issues on my Win 7 P3Dv3.4 system. Any suggestions would be appreciated. As it stands now it's manageable but a pain when flying in busy online airspace. 

Dan

i9-13900K / Asus Maximus Hero Z790 / RTX 4090 FE / G.Skill Trident Z5 RGB 32 GB DDR5-6400 CL32 / Artic Liquid Freezer II 360 / Samsung 980 PRO SSD 1TB PCIe NVMe M.2 / Samsung 980 PRO SSD 2TB PCIe NVMe M.2 / Samsung 970 EVO Plus SSD 2TB PCIe NVMe M.2 / EVGA 1000W G3, 80+ Gold / Phanteks Eclipse P600S ATX Mid Tower / Arctic P14 PWM Case Fans / LG C2 42 Inch Class 4K OLED TV/Monitor / Windows 11 Pro

6 minutes ago, Wise87 said:

As it stands now it's manageable but a pain when flying in busy online airspace. 

How? I think I may have seen this before on my last system, but apart from a simple flash off to the side, I don't recall it having any effect on functionality.

Kyle Rodgers

It doesn't effect it too bad. I just have to be sure I'm on the keys when flying the 737 and sometime the flash results in me being off some. Not sure why the 737 is the only one that has this issue. 

Dan

i9-13900K / Asus Maximus Hero Z790 / RTX 4090 FE / G.Skill Trident Z5 RGB 32 GB DDR5-6400 CL32 / Artic Liquid Freezer II 360 / Samsung 980 PRO SSD 1TB PCIe NVMe M.2 / Samsung 980 PRO SSD 2TB PCIe NVMe M.2 / Samsung 970 EVO Plus SSD 2TB PCIe NVMe M.2 / EVGA 1000W G3, 80+ Gold / Phanteks Eclipse P600S ATX Mid Tower / Arctic P14 PWM Case Fans / LG C2 42 Inch Class 4K OLED TV/Monitor / Windows 11 Pro

10 hours ago, Wise87 said:

I know this has been discussed in the past but was wondering if anyone has a fix. For some reason the PMDG 737 is the only plane were I have a strange mouse flicker on the FMC's only. I get like a ghost flicker to the right of the mouse pointer when trying to enter info into the FMC both VC and pop-out. 

I just built a new Win 10 7700K @ 5.0Ghz system to run P3Dv4. I've tried different video drivers with same results. The sim is clean install, no strange app running in background. I did not have this issues on my Win 7 P3Dv3.4 system. Any suggestions would be appreciated. As it stands now it's manageable but a pain when flying in busy online airspace. 

Dan, I think your solution is here:

hope this is what you where talking about

• Upvote 1

Sergio Naiberg

Sergio

Thanks a million. That solved the problem. Not sure why Win 10 defaults mouse pointers as it does but selecting the two pointers and selecting default per the link worked. Strange how it only effected the 737. This should be a sticky item. 

Thanks Again. 

Dan

Dan

1 hour ago, Wise87 said:

Sergio

Thanks a million. That solved the problem. Not sure why Win 10 defaults mouse pointers as it does but selecting the two pointers and selecting default per the link worked. Strange how it only effected the 737. This should be a sticky item. 

Thanks Again. 

Dan

It appears to be a WIN 10 issue only with the NGX 2D CDU, believe it or not this was the only thing that stuck me to WIN 7 , :)

You are very welcome, we have to thank a guy in the beta team and Tom Landry for posting the fix.

Sergio Naiberg

I still have the same problem ever since ive installed the product (only using Win 7), and changing mouse pointer settings doesnt seem to make any difference. I always get green blur next to the cursor when hovering over 2D CDU panel keys and the mouse pointer changes. It doesnt seem to appear on any other 2D panel or the VC.

4 hours ago, Wise87 said:

Sergio

Thanks Again. 

Dan

Likewise. I had the same issue with the mouse pointer in the 737 FMC.

Now solved.

Excellent!