Sign in to follow this  
Ricardo41

BEV Users...How does GE compare?

Have any ACTIVE BEV users removed Bev from FS9 and installed GE?I plan to buy GE and have both, but I believe you can only use one at a time.If you've done this, please comment on comparison and contrast.I'm still waiting for BEV Spring to be published. If I like GE, I'll pass on that season.

Guest dpc

I own all of the BEV season that are currently out. I purchased GE last night. I went back from BEV to the default textures, then installed GE. I have since gone back to BEV. Now with that said, I will explain. GE look great, BUT in the area that I fly in the most, there were far, far too many multi-story buildings using GE. At my home airport, Nashua, NH there are nowhere near the amount of large buildings as was depicted by GE. I use FSGenesis for mesh. I also have UT and/or FSGenesis for Landclass. I tried both and both resulted in the same issue. So, my reason for staying with BEV is purely personal. BEV provides a more realistic look for my area. -dave

you could use another set of autogen textures, such as korbys, available here in the library, and the GE sets as well

Guest dpc

From what I can see, the textures don't necessarily play well together when mixed. Different colors etc. Where the different sets meet is very obvious. Only played with it a bit though.Dave

That's interesting because what caught my eye about GE was how they did the Southwest, USA. Looks purty darn good. That is where BEV fell short IMO, but it's such a personal choice. Heck they all look pretty good these days. ;-) May have to P/U GE after all the dust settles.

Intel i9-12900KF, Asus Prime Z690-A MB, 64GB DDR5 6000 RAM, (3) SK hynix M.2 SSD (2TB ea.), 16TB Seagate HDD, EVGA GeForce 3080 Ti, Corsair iCUE H70i AIO Liquid Cooler, UHD/Blu-ray Player/Burner (still have lots of CDs, DVDs!)  Windows 10, (hold off for now on Win11),  EVGA 1300W PSU
Netgear 1Gbps modem & router, (3) 27" 1440 wrap-around displays
Full array of Saitek and GoFlight hardware for the cockpit

I thought that the FS genensis landclass was the reason for those too tall buildings in New England. Does GE have its own landclass? Try using the GE stuff WITHOUT the fsgenesis landclass and see what happens. I use the OLD free FSG landclass due to that building problem, it happens a lot of places with anything thats recent from them. The old free version is still much better than the default but doesnt have the building issue.Hornit

The landclass will tell which textures to place onto an area of the ground, the texture itself has the data as to what autogen buildings get placed there.

Dr Zane Gard

Posted Image

Sr Staff Reviewer AVSIM

Private Pilot ASEL since 1986 IFR 2010

AOPA 00915027

American Mensa 100314888

Guest Peter Wilding

Hi there, sorry you are having issues with GE autogenIt's being fixed as I type this and we should have a much improved autogen that works the way you like really soon. No more than a few days and it will be done. Maybe an update on our web site later today?

An update would be really great...because except for the multi-story building issue, I LOVE GE!

Guest Wayne Smith

Has anyone tried GE in the New York City area? Has anyone posted some screenshots? I am trying to decide whether to re-install NY Megascenery and Scenery Manhattan, or go with something like Ultimate Terrain + GEThanks!WayneMetro One / NMH01Metro Helicopters VAwww.metrohelo.org

Guest rpjkw1155

I'm interested in the answer, too. Maybe I can UN-install NY Megascenery.Bob

>Have any ACTIVE BEV users removed Bev from FS9 and installed>GE?>I plan to buy GE and have both, but I believe you can only use>one at a time.>If you've done this, please comment on comparison and>contrast.>>I'm still waiting for BEV Spring to be published. If I like>GE, I'll pass on that season.>I had BEV US textures installed, but uninstalled them prior to installing GE - which one you prefer is probably a matter of taste, but the advantage of GE is that it covers all regions and all seasons. This is why I decided to let GE handle my textures. ricardo