Sign in to follow this  
mikealpha

Black Marble Vector with Ultimate Terrain ?

Just wondering, is anyone using Black Marble Vector with Ultimate Terrain X ?

Does it work together or would I have to deactivate most of UTX ?

I just have Black Marble Base for now and deactivated UTX Lights.

I have also FTX Global, but I guess that won`t interfere.

Mike

• Upvote 1

1. A320 home cockpit (FSLabs, Skalarki), P3Dv5  Main PC : I7-12700K, GTX3080Ti

2. FSLabs A3xx, P3Dv5. Gigabyte Aorus 17G YC, I7-10700K, RTX 3080

Mike,

I have same scenario and have just acquired Black Marble.  Working through issues with BM Vector and UTX.  It will be a couple days yet for me to have total time and focus to configure - and I expect will take some serious tweaking, but I'm sure this will work.  Starting from scratch (everything cleared) BM does look good so far.  More to come . . . 

If you've worked some magic in the meantime, please let us know!

Dennis

• Upvote 1

UTX is working flawlessly with BM; no issues have been reported with UTX atm!
simply deactivate road classes from UTX manager, or use our 3rd party disable under options menu,

• Upvote 1

Mike, got some great support from Chris Bell - am now calling this a major breakthrough; and although I am a long way from having this completed, here is what I had to do FOR MY SYSTEM and CONFIGURATION so far in case it helps  . . .

1) I started from scratch . . . uninstalled, deleted remaining files, cleared registries, and then re-installed BM.  

2) I went to UTX USA and inactivated all Road Surface Textures.   I then selected Terrain-Quick Enable/Disable and disabled UTX USA completely.

3) I started P3D, went to World-Scenery Library and UNCHECKED ALL remaining UTX Options and also UNCHECKED ALL ORBX options (I had only ORBXLIBS, OPENLC_BASE)

4) I exited P3D

5) I installed BlackMarble_Base using default selections provided by installer

6) Using Configuration: Base.Default, I clicked Inactive icon to activate BM Base, and then clicked Save and Apply Changes. 

7) I installed BlackMarble_Vector using default selections provided by installer.

8) Using Configuration: Vector.Default, I clicked Inactive icon to activate BM Vector, and then clicked Save and Apply Changes.

7) I then started P3D and with EVERYTHING DISABLED was successfully able to see Black Marble lights and vector roads which is further than I had gotten before (I am testing just south of KORD at 7000 ft) .   My guess is UTX and ORBX were conflicting and for some reason BM Settings Remove 3rd Party wasn't taking care of this for me (I admit it could have been the way I was testing).  

I then methodically started reintroducing options to monitor effects.

1) Started P3D World-Scenery CHECKED ON ORBX OPENLC_BASE, reloaded textures and still had lights.

2) CHECKED ON ORBX ORBXLIBS, reloaded textures and still had lights.

3) Re-enabled UTX - WITH ROAD SURFACE TEXTURES EXCEPT URBAN ROAD ENCASEMENTS inactive but checked ON in World-Scenery, NO ROADS 

4) CHECKED OFF UT USA Roads in Scenery and ROADS RETURNED

5) CHECKED OFF UT LANDCLASS CUSTOM to remove urban (downtown) default ground illumination at night

6) CHECKED OFF UT EXCLUSIONS FOR DEFAULT SCENERY and ALL VECTOR ROADS RETURNED - THIS IS IMPORTANT I THINK!!!!!!!

7) CHECKED ON UT USA ROADS and ALL VECTOR ROADS REMAINED INTACT - Remember roads are still inactive in UTX Setup.

8) In UTX Setup Tool, re-activated Urban Road Encasements which improved expressway road appearance.  

Black Marble is now working VERY WELL - now time for tweaking to get the 98th percentile realism effects we all want!   This appears to be a GREAT PRODUCT, I highly recommend it!  

• Upvote 2

On 8/25/2017 at 5:48 PM, reeddennisa95 said:

Mike, got some great support from Chris Bell - am now calling this a major breakthrough; and although I am a long way from having this completed, here is what I had to do FOR MY SYSTEM and CONFIGURATION so far in case it helps  . . .

1) I started from scratch . . . uninstalled, deleted remaining files, cleared registries, and then re-installed BM.  

2) I went to UTX USA and inactivated all Road Surface Textures.   I then selected Terrain-Quick Enable/Disable and disabled UTX USA completely.

3) I started P3D, went to World-Scenery Library and UNCHECKED ALL remaining UTX Options and also UNCHECKED ALL ORBX options (I had only ORBXLIBS, OPENLC_BASE)

4) I exited P3D

5) I installed BlackMarble_Base using default selections provided by installer

6) Using Configuration: Base.Default, I clicked Inactive icon to activate BM Base, and then clicked Save and Apply Changes. 

7) I installed BlackMarble_Vector using default selections provided by installer.

8) Using Configuration: Vector.Default, I clicked Inactive icon to activate BM Vector, and then clicked Save and Apply Changes.

7) I then started P3D and with EVERYTHING DISABLED was successfully able to see Black Marble lights and vector roads which is further than I had gotten before (I am testing just south of KORD at 7000 ft) .   My guess is UTX and ORBX were conflicting and for some reason BM Settings Remove 3rd Party wasn't taking care of this for me (I admit it could have been the way I was testing).  

I then methodically started reintroducing options to monitor effects.

1) Started P3D World-Scenery CHECKED ON ORBX OPENLC_BASE, reloaded textures and still had lights.

2) CHECKED ON ORBX ORBXLIBS, reloaded textures and still had lights.

3) Re-enabled UTX - WITH ROAD SURFACE TEXTURES EXCEPT URBAN ROAD ENCASEMENTS inactive but checked ON in World-Scenery, NO ROADS 

4) CHECKED OFF UT USA Roads in Scenery and ROADS RETURNED

5) CHECKED OFF UT LANDCLASS CUSTOM to remove urban (downtown) default ground illumination at night

6) CHECKED OFF UT EXCLUSIONS FOR DEFAULT SCENERY and ALL VECTOR ROADS RETURNED - THIS IS IMPORTANT I THINK!!!!!!!

7) CHECKED ON UT USA ROADS and ALL VECTOR ROADS REMAINED INTACT - Remember roads are still inactive in UTX Setup.

8) In UTX Setup Tool, re-activated Urban Road Encasements which improved expressway road appearance.  

Black Marble is now working VERY WELL - now time for tweaking to get the 98th percentile realism effects we all want!   This appears to be a GREAT PRODUCT, I highly recommend it!  

I'm highly curious why you had to go through all these hoops to get it working?

In my case (for usa for example), i just unchecked USA UT roads in sceneryconfigeditor... though i guess i could have used the 3rd party disable option in the menu of BM.

Initially its clear that since there are i think only 10 classes of roads with BM vector, that the extra residential roads from UTX arent covered... there is also the issue of color.. bright white.. i'm pretty sure this can be tweaked in BM settings but havent got that far yet.

Personally i wish UTX roads could stay active during "daylight" then auto disable if night.. or maybe I could turn off all road surfaces in the UT settings EXCEPT the residential and gain those back, but i'm not sure what impact that may have on both lighting and frames.

The biggest issue i have besides being bright white, is that the BM Vector road placement is often way different than the UTX roads if you cycle back and forth on a screen shot there is quite the variation (compare those 2 to a photo scenery example too)

MSI z690-a Unify; 1000 watt evga SuperNova Platinum; 12900kf at 1.255 adaptive LLC6, auto avx, auto Pcore, E-4.0ghz, Ring-4.1ghz, PL 241watt (Cine96c, games 83c case side On); DDR5 Gskill F5-6400J3239G16GA2-TZ5RS  at 6400mhz autovolt, Kraken x73 360mm; Thermaltake v51 Case; Gigabyte 4090 OC;  VR-Varjo Aero;  AstronomicallySpeaking: