Sign in to follow this  
Bjoern

Modifications to Sky Simulations DC-9 v2

You will not receive support from Sky Simulations when using these mods!

Requires an installation of the v2 release with SP1.

Compatibility with the P3D version is not guaranteed and will not be supported.

Will not work in the FS9 and v1 releases.

Content:

• Rebuilt and enhanced cockpit sound environment
  • New GPWS system
  • New first officer callouts
  • Load/save module with autosave/load functionality
  • Various rebuilt or bugfixed instruments
  • Rebuilt systems files
  • Realistic autopilot speed hold modes
  • Realistic autothrottle handling
  • Realistic fuel and hydraulic systems including expanded failure modes
  • Aircraft manager for loading, saving and paload/fuel/door handling
  • "Smart" air speed indicator
  • More realistic engine spooling for all models
  • Various other bug fixes and enhancements

Download:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B6K_xiE2GqmMNWl5OVNHVGxncDA/view?usp=sharing

READ THE INSTALLATION INSTRUCTIONS AND READ THEM VERY, VERY WELL!

In case anyone wants to return the favor: I'll take any livery from a US airline in the 1980s.

• Upvote 1

7950X3D + 6900 XT + 64 GB + Linux | 4800H + RTX2060 + 32 GB + Linux
My add-ons from my FS9/FSX days

Thanks!

Flavio Cardoso - P3Dv4.5 HF3

Win 10 Pro 64Bits - i74960X 4.5ghz - ASUS Rampage IV Black Ed. - Corsair H150i Platinum - 32gb  Ripjaws Z - ASUS RTX 2080 SUPER SC - MCP 737R 2015 Virtual Avionics

Hi, Bjoern:

Thanks for the contribution, but I have one question: since v2 was delivered with P3Dv3 compatibility from SkySim, why do you say your mods are possibly not compatible with P3Dv3?. Is there any specific point we should look specifically to check compatibility for us, P3Dv3 users?.

Thanks again.

Cheers, Ed

Cheers, Ed

MSFS Steam - Win10 Home x64 // Rig: Corsair Graphite 760T Full Tower - ASUS MBoard Maximus XII Hero Z490 - CPU Intel i9-10900K - 64GB RAM - MSI RTX2080 Super 8GB - [1xNVMe M.2 1TB + 1xNVMe M.2 2TB (Samsung)] + [1xSSD 1TB + 1xSSD 2TB (Crucial)] + [1xSSD 1TB (Samsung)] + 1 HDD Seagate 2TB + 1 HDD Seagate External 4TB - Monitor LG 29UC97C UWHD Curved - PSU Corsair RM1000x - VR Oculus Rift // MSFS Steam - Win 10 Home x64 - Gaming Laptop CUK ASUS Strix - CPU Intel i7-8750H - 32GB RAM - RTX2070 8GB - SSD 2TB + HDD 2TB // Thrustmaster FCS & MS XBOX Controllers

Wow, thanks for your work on this.  Look forward to trying it all out!

You can't support what you don't own and therefor, I can not lend any kind of assistance for P3D users. This does not mean that the mods won't work, but if you get any kind of anomalies (especially in v3 and up), you'll be all on your own.

Hi Bjoern.. Ran your mod last night and took a quick flight. seems much better than the default. that recycled clicking sound is now gone - and she handles much better and seems to hold pitch better - and I can at least use the autothrottle -- Thanks so much

The small knob on the left side of the A Horizon gauge seems to be backward. If I turn the knob clockwise the FD triangle rises up within the gauge. but this means the small triangle symbol on the knob representing the aircraft pitch, is now pointing down 15 degrees - and vice versa - is this meant to happen?

Of course not, but I didn't touch the artificial horizon so you're dealing with a previously existing bug here. Might have time to take a look at it this weekend.

The flight dynamics have not been changed. Only the engine behaviour has.

Checked the attitude indicator and found nothing out of the ordinary.

Working on an update as well, this time mainly dealing with the EGPWS. Not sure if this is entirely realistic, even for a retrofitted DC-9, but I basically now have all relevant modes (1 to 7) covered, including priority sorting according to FAA specifications. Will likely also publish this as a standalone gauge for use in other aircraft.

The next thing to tackle is the on-board clock which appears to be quite broken in its current state. You can track your flight time, but you never know whether it's running or not. There's also no way to switch between UTC and local time.

P.S:

Made use of both speed hold modes (IAS and mach) during a flight today. They passed with flying colors, but make the ride a bit too bumpy in turbulent conditions. I consider this realistic though.

Managed to do almost an entire airline flight with the (modded) DC-9-30, only cut short by an unrelated OOM on approach. The plane is quite pleasant to fly, especially during departure. Not too nervous, not too unresponsive. It goes where you want it to go.

Also managed to play with the, mildly underwhelming*, paintkits a bit:

http://i.imgur.com/fPXrNEw.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/XIgOvGg.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/3Px6gqZ.jpg

Will release them within the next two weeks since I'm out of town on workdays.

*Door textures on a different sheet and in a slightly different scale; had to redo the vertical stabilizer texture because it was a mere photo, no wireframe layer, missing fuselage shading layers for the -10 and -30 series textures. Upside: Adapting a livery to another models' fuselage only requires little work.

Thank you, Bjorn!

"...now let's get this thing on the hump - we've got some flyin' to do!" ~ Major Kong from "Dr. Stranglove"

Scott Cebula

The download link contains a new revision.

Highlights:

• Rebuilt and much more useful digital clock
  • Fuel flow and fuel used indicators now in PPH and LBS (metric indications are retained in the tooltips)
  • Almost entirely new GPWS convering all modes and using priority sorting
  • More robust flap callout logic
  • New wind sounds

Upgrading:

Delete "Callouts_GPWS_Crew" and "SkySims_DC9_Mods" as well as any save files for the DC-9 in the main FSX folder (sorry!) and then copy install as per readme instructions (sans aircraft.cfg related instructions as these files were not changed in this revision).

The download link contains a new revision.

Highlights:

• Rebuilt and much more useful digital clock
  • Fuel flow and fuel used indicators now in PPH and LBS (metric indications are retained in the tooltips)
  • Almost entirely new GPWS convering all modes and using priority sorting
  • More robust flap callout logic
  • New wind sounds

Upgrading:

Delete "Callouts_GPWS_Crew" and "SkySims_DC9_Mods" as well as any save files for the DC-9 in the main FSX folder (sorry!) and then copy install as per readme instructions (sans aircraft.cfg related instructions as these files were not changed in this revision).

Thanks again, Bjoern. Excellent work!

Just to clarify, the new version is complete by itself, or just contains the updated files?

Cheers, Ed

Cheers, Ed

MSFS Steam - Win10 Home x64 // Rig: Corsair Graphite 760T Full Tower - ASUS MBoard Maximus XII Hero Z490 - CPU Intel i9-10900K - 64GB RAM - MSI RTX2080 Super 8GB - [1xNVMe M.2 1TB + 1xNVMe M.2 2TB (Samsung)] + [1xSSD 1TB + 1xSSD 2TB (Crucial)] + [1xSSD 1TB (Samsung)] + 1 HDD Seagate 2TB + 1 HDD Seagate External 4TB - Monitor LG 29UC97C UWHD Curved - PSU Corsair RM1000x - VR Oculus Rift // MSFS Steam - Win 10 Home x64 - Gaming Laptop CUK ASUS Strix - CPU Intel i7-8750H - 32GB RAM - RTX2070 8GB - SSD 2TB + HDD 2TB // Thrustmaster FCS & MS XBOX Controllers