Sign in to follow this  
Bjoern

Modifications to Sky Simulations DC-9 v2

Hi Bjoern,

I installed your mods and I really like what you've done. I have only one issue on all DC-9's. I can't seem to engage the reverse thrust. It acts as if it was spring loaded and does not engage.

How can I solve this?

Jose

Wish I could try these, but the SS DC-9 won't even re-install on my computer; every time I've tried (when you put your email and serial number in) it won't connect to the authentication lol. I emailed them ages ago about it and they replied to me and said they'd look into it, but they evidently never have cos it still gives me the error when I try to install it. Shame really, I liked that DC-9.

Alan Bradbury

Check out my youtube flight sim videos: Here

18 hours ago, josecolme said:

I installed your mods and I really like what you've done. I have only one issue on all DC-9's. I can't seem to engage the reverse thrust. It acts as if it was spring loaded and does not engage.

How can I solve this?

The reversers require a certain amount of hydraulic pressure in each system to operate, 2000 psi or so, which means both pumps have to be set to "High".

18 hours ago, Chock said:

Wish I could try these, but the SS DC-9 won't even re-install on my computer; every time I've tried (when you put your email and serial number in) it won't connect to the authentication lol. I emailed them ages ago about it and they replied to me and said they'd look into it, but they evidently never have cos it still gives me the error when I try to install it. Shame really, I liked that DC-9.

I've only installed the DC-9 once or twice and it worked each time. Maybe a firewall is blocking the installer.

7950X3D + 6900 XT + 64 GB + Linux | 4800H + RTX2060 + 32 GB + Linux
My add-ons from my FS9/FSX days

Can confirm that there is indeed a problem with the reversers, but it's a quick fix. In SKYDC-9_IO_Sys_Mod.xml, find:

(L:HYDPRESS1, psi) 1750 <
(A:GENERAL ENG THROTTLE LEVER POSITION:1, percent) 0 <
if{ (>K:THROTTLE1_CUT) }

(L:HYDPRESS2, psi) 1750 <
(A:GENERAL ENG THROTTLE LEVER POSITION:2, percent) 0 <
if{ (>K:THROTTLE2_CUT) }

And make it look like this (note the added "and"s):

(L:HYDPRESS1, psi) 1750 <
(A:GENERAL ENG THROTTLE LEVER POSITION:1, percent) 0 < and
if{ (>K:THROTTLE1_CUT) }

(L:HYDPRESS2, psi) 1750 <
(A:GENERAL ENG THROTTLE LEVER POSITION:2, percent) 0 < and
if{ (>K:THROTTLE2_CUT) }

That gives you some proper deceleration back (if hydraulic pressure is above 1750 psi).

These mods deserve a huge thanks to its author.

Cheers, Ed

Cheers, Ed

MSFS Steam - Win10 Home x64 // Rig: Corsair Graphite 760T Full Tower - ASUS MBoard Maximus XII Hero Z490 - CPU Intel i9-10900K - 64GB RAM - MSI RTX2080 Super 8GB - [1xNVMe M.2 1TB + 1xNVMe M.2 2TB (Samsung)] + [1xSSD 1TB + 1xSSD 2TB (Crucial)] + [1xSSD 1TB (Samsung)] + 1 HDD Seagate 2TB + 1 HDD Seagate External 4TB - Monitor LG 29UC97C UWHD Curved - PSU Corsair RM1000x - VR Oculus Rift // MSFS Steam - Win 10 Home x64 - Gaming Laptop CUK ASUS Strix - CPU Intel i7-8750H - 32GB RAM - RTX2070 8GB - SSD 2TB + HDD 2TB // Thrustmaster FCS & MS XBOX Controllers

Hopefully the appreciation is even larger for the new version. :)

• Modified oil pressure gauges for more realistic indications
  • Fixed panel.cfg entry for the caution light
  • Added tooltip to the 2D vertical speed selector wheel
  • Autopilot servos are now required for AP operation
  • Better vertical speed hold logic
  • Much better speed/mach hold controllers
  • Autopilot master switch will disengage auto throttle
  • Fixed inoperable reversers (Powerbacks!)
  • Added optional configuration files for Skyhigh’s “PW JT8D Madness X” soundset

Download, as usual:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B6K_xiE2GqmMNWl5OVNHVGxncDA/view?usp=sharing

On 3/5/2017 at 7:22 PM, Bjoern said:

Hopefully the appreciation is even larger for the new version. :)

• Modified oil pressure gauges for more realistic indications
  • Fixed panel.cfg entry for the caution light
  • Added tooltip to the 2D vertical speed selector wheel
  • Autopilot servos are now required for AP operation
  • Better vertical speed hold logic
  • Much better speed/mach hold controllers
  • Autopilot master switch will disengage auto throttle
  • Fixed inoperable reversers (Powerbacks!)
  • Added optional configuration files for Skyhigh’s “PW JT8D Madness X” soundset

Download, as usual:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B6K_xiE2GqmMNWl5OVNHVGxncDA/view?usp=sharing

Amazing Bjoern! Got it fixed manually, though if I'm not mistaken you included it in this update. Greatly appreciated!

You're welcome and good job with fixing it on your own.

The update is very much worth it though, especially for the autopilot updates.

Anyone with installer problems?

The installer from JustFlight works perfectly for me, even with repeated installations, but I'm curious.

So if anyone's got issues, I'd like to know:

- Source (JustFlight or Simmarket)

- Product version (v2 or v2 with SP1/v2.1)

- Unlocking screen (fields for name, e-mail address, country and product key - in that order)

- Any error messages

It's not that I have a solution for installer problems, so I can just offer some general advice:

- I've entered my name without spaces with proper capitalization

- Make sure that the firewall does not block communication with any servers

- Any antivirus programs should not block the installer

- The installer should be run with administrative privileges

- If folder permissions are an issue, you can also install the DC-9 to an external folder and then move it into your FSX/P3D installation folder

- There's a registry cleaner tool for a failed second installation. http://skysimulations.com/index.php?frame=ZmFxcw==&area=faqs&cat=DC-9 Setup (ignore the support e-mail address below and read on)

I've had a quick chat with a JustFlight employee and he stated that the installer available from their webshop dates from May 2016, when the DC-9 was initially released there. It was not tailor-made for JustFlight by the developers, so the latest installer offered by Simmarket should - theoretically - be identical.

Also, the latest contact by JF to the developer was from the vans@skysim... (fill in the rest) e-mail address, but communication ceased soon after the release. So that e-mail address might be the best bet to have a chance for support.

P.S: My mods for the aircraft are available here, in case you've previously missed them:

Can the mods unmerge the threads again? Despite dealing with the same subject, they don't really belong together.

Why are the threads still merged?!

This is totally confusing to anyone just reading the first page and then wondering exactly where the modifications are discussed.
So please, please, please, with a cherry, beer and your favourite food on top, unmerge these bloody threads!

In other news, I'm currently updating the modifications for SP2. Some changes look suspiciously familiar to ones from my mods. Looks like I've done something right, heehee.

Split from Sky Simulations DC-9 V2 topic.

Jim Young | AVSIM Online! - Simming's Premier Resource!

Member, AVSIM Board of Directors - Serving AVSIM since 2001

Submit News to AVSIM
Important other links: Basic FSX Configuration Guide | AVSIM CTD Guide | AVSIM Prepar3D Guide | Help with AVSIM Site | Signature Rules | Screen Shot Rule | AVSIM Terms of Service (ToS)

I7 8086K  5.0GHz | GTX 1080 TI OC Edition | Dell 34" and 24" Monitors | ASUS Maximus X Hero MB Z370 | Samsung M.2 NVMe 500GB and 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x2 | Toshiba HDD 1TB | WDC HDD 1TB | Corsair H115i Pro | 16GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10 

Any chance of revisiting this for P3D V4?

Shane Reilly

Prepar3D & X-Plane 11

737_button.png130_button.png

Nope (for various reasons).

However, I won't stop anyone trying to adapt this to P3Dv4. Yet, I refuse to lend a hand or support the result in any way.

Edited by Bjoern