Sign in to follow this  
Pivot

Helper for GNS Insertion

Folks, I have just inserted both GNS 530's & 430's in my XPlane aircraft all of which worked just as described in the instructions. I did however, make a utility to aid in calculating the Left,Top,Width & Height points for easy insertion. It worked flawlessly. I followed all of the instructions from RXP's PDF pages 15 & 16 to the T. Plugged in my results and wham every aircraft worked perfectly. The biggest issue I had was the instruction "height of Panel_Preview.png" which is actually the height of the total texture sheet. I will be more than happy to provide my excel cheat sheet to anyone, follow this dropbox link for download, https://www.dropbox.com/s/sync1qlc6e9asht/RealityXP_GNS Positioner.xlsx?dl=0

Anyway, it does work..

Pivot

• Upvote 2

Regards,

Pivot

i9-10900k * 64Gb Ram * MSI RTX 4070 Ti Gaming X Trio * Steel Series Arctis Pro Wireless Headset * Win11 Home x64 * Oculus Rift-S * Tobii ET 5 * TM Warthog Combo, Honeycomb Alpha & Saitek Pro-Rudders

1 hour ago, Pivot said:

The biggest issue I had was the instruction "height of Panel_Preview.png" which is actually the height of the total texture sheet.

Thank you for sharing with other customers, I'm sure this will help a number of other pilots!

As for the instructions, the "Panel_Preview.png" is literally the name of the screenshot saved when doing the procedure documented in the manual. It is this '.png' file pixel height which is referenced herein. However, if you are telling there is an error in the documentation, we'll be pleased to update our documents. Just let us know!

Jean-Luc | reality-xp.com
This message from Reality XP is protected by a disclaimer: reality-xp.com/aboutrealityxp/email.html

Let your voice be heard and help us make a difference for you: Vote !
Open up communications with Reality-XP (Microsoft Flight Simulator Forums)

7 hours ago, RXP said:

Thank you for sharing with other customers, I'm sure this will help a number of other pilots!

As for the instructions, the "Panel_Preview.png" is literally the name of the screenshot saved when doing the procedure documented in the manual. It is this '.png' file pixel height which is referenced herein. However, if you are telling there is an error in the documentation, we'll be pleased to update our documents. Just let us know!

Not saying it's an error in your instructions, it just took me forever to figure out what that term meant. After that, it was Bing Bang Boom..  :-)

Good stuff. 

Regards,

Pivot

i9-10900k * 64Gb Ram * MSI RTX 4070 Ti Gaming X Trio * Steel Series Arctis Pro Wireless Headset * Win11 Home x64 * Oculus Rift-S * Tobii ET 5 * TM Warthog Combo, Honeycomb Alpha & Saitek Pro-Rudders

cheers pivot, that worked a treat. couple of questions if i may

have you tried it with the gtn? just tried it myself and the height seemed to be  out - i just manually edited the height and it worked fine.

whats the best \ easiest way to use excel if you dont have it installed? i used this https://sheet.zoho.com/sheet/excelviewer anyone know of a better one?

Sorry Mundie, don't have the GTN models so not familiar with those dimensions. As for Excel, you could set up a free online account with Microsoft and use their online version. https://products.office.com/en-us/office-online/documents-spreadsheets-presentations-office-online

• Upvote 1

Regards,

Pivot