Sign in to follow this  
gboz

REX TD Enhanced nearly here

58 minutes ago, Paul_ said:

Hi everyone

I would appreciate feedback from anyone who has tried it yet  .....

I use ASCA and would be interested to know how it interacts with Dynamic and Global modes

Cheers

Paul

It does not and I doubt that it ever will.

This is the primary reason why many have switched to ENVTEX.

I find that some ASCA clouds & sky textures are very nice. Most are not.

I also wish ASCA modes would work with REX 4. This would be wonderful until Skyforce is released.

• Upvote 2

A pilot is always learning and I LOVE to learn.

53 minutes ago, branks737 said:

I'm liking this. I just spent $200 last week on orbx products with their great sale. 

I'm buying this rex product straight away. Damn this hobby that I love 😉

My wife is going to kick me out of the house if she finds out! LoL

You may want to hold off until the REXTD+SC is released.

• Upvote 1

Gigabyte P67A-UD3-B3 | Intel i-7700k  4.5 Ghz | RTX 3060 | 32GB OCZ DDR3, 1330 | 35" Curved Samsung monitor. | Windows 10 Home Pro Edition Premium | Samsung 1TB SSD | Samsung 1TB SSD |  UTLive/ P3DV5.3/ SF, AS P3D5.3  MSFS 2020.

42 minutes ago, Vineguy said:

You may want to hold off until the REXTD+SC is released.

Yes thanks that would be wise.

12 hours ago, YukonPete said:

I purchased HD Airports on release and think its terrible!

I've heard this a few times, and when I investigated with the user I found two things, either they thought that the product would create a payware airport environment (impossible to do given how ESP was created - except for the 40 Enhanced Airports), or the person didn't understand how to get the most out of the product.

30+ years in flight sim with at least as many payware airports and anyone else in the community has, and I absolutely love World Wide Airports Extreme.

• Upvote 2

Dave Hodges

System Specs:  I9-13900KF, NVIDIA 4070TI, Quest 3, Multiple Displays, Lots of TERRIFIC friends, 3 cats, and a wonderfully stubborn wife.

1 hour ago, DaveCT2003 said:

I've heard this a few times, and when I investigated with the user I found two things, either they thought that the product would create a payware airport environment (impossible to do given how ESP was created - except for the 40 Enhanced Airports), or the person didn't understand how to get the most out of the product.

30+ years in flight sim with at least as many payware airports and anyone else in the community has, and I absolutely love World Wide Airports Extreme.

Dave, 

Thank you for your kind words. 

Tim Fuchs
Managing Partner
REX SIMULATIONS 

support www.rexaxis.com

1 hour ago, DaveCT2003 said:

Ive been simming 30 years myself. it just didn't live up to my expectations. I have REX4 and Soft Clouds and think they are fabulous and a must have. I just don't get the same excitement from airports HD

Pete Richards

Aussie born, Sydney (YSSY) living in Whitehorse, Yukon (CYXY)

Windows 11 Pro loaded on a Sabrent 1TB Rocket Nvme PCIe 4.0, Ryzen 9 7950x3d, MSI X670-Pro Wifi Motherboard, MSI RTX 4070 Ti Ventus 3X 12G OC, 64GB DDR5-6000 C30 Corsair Vengeance, 2x 1TB Samsung 960 Pro NVMe for MSFS2020, 4TB Seagate BarraCuda HD, Corsair RMx 1000W PSU, NZXT Kraken X63 280mm AIO, Phanteks P600S Case.

6 minutes ago, YukonPete said:

I just don't get the same excitement from airports HD

As compared to what?  Default airports?  Zinertek?  What were you expecting from the product?  I believe these are questions which should be addressed if one makes such a statement.

• Upvote 1

Dave Hodges

System Specs:  I9-13900KF, NVIDIA 4070TI, Quest 3, Multiple Displays, Lots of TERRIFIC friends, 3 cats, and a wonderfully stubborn wife.

I think it's merely a re-packaging of old stuff. Nothing more I guess

Is it compatible with P3Dv4?.

Cheers, Ed

Cheers, Ed

MSFS Steam - Win10 Home x64 // Rig: Corsair Graphite 760T Full Tower - ASUS MBoard Maximus XII Hero Z490 - CPU Intel i9-10900K - 64GB RAM - MSI RTX2080 Super 8GB - [1xNVMe M.2 1TB + 1xNVMe M.2 2TB (Samsung)] + [1xSSD 1TB + 1xSSD 2TB (Crucial)] + [1xSSD 1TB (Samsung)] + 1 HDD Seagate 2TB + 1 HDD Seagate External 4TB - Monitor LG 29UC97C UWHD Curved - PSU Corsair RM1000x - VR Oculus Rift // MSFS Steam - Win 10 Home x64 - Gaming Laptop CUK ASUS Strix - CPU Intel i7-8750H - 32GB RAM - RTX2070 8GB - SSD 2TB + HDD 2TB // Thrustmaster FCS & MS XBOX Controllers

14 minutes ago, G-YMML1 said:

Are you serious? We have never released a package like this before:

1.) All custom terminal buildings, hangar buildings (small, med, large), parking garage, tarmac, parking, runway, taxiway, and jet ways textures

2.) All brand new core 3D model airport vehicles

3.) New airport signage

4.) Cohesive runway and taxiway graphics - these are NOT from our older products, these are brand new.

I don't understand that statement.

• Upvote 2

Reed Stough
Managing Partner
REX SIMULATIONS 

supportwww.rexaxis.com

5 minutes ago, edpatino said:

Is it compatible with P3Dv4?.

Cheers, Ed

REX Texture Direct Enhanced Edition is, but Worldwide Airports we have to redo the textures for P3Dv4 lighting purposes.

REX Texture Direct with Soft Clouds Enhanced Edition will be coming in a few days.

Reed Stough
Managing Partner
REX SIMULATIONS 

supportwww.rexaxis.com

Just now, G-YMML1 said:

First, I want to explain that I'm truly trying to help, it's not my intention to be confrontational, but I remain committed to ensuring accurate information gets out to the community whether it's good or bad.  For the record, I've hammered developers before, but when I do it, it's with specifics.

I just want to understand the issues by getting some clarification.  See, I do tech support for a few devs, and I deal with user opinions day in and day out and I've found that a little education or explanations almost always result in the customer changing their minds about a flight sim product (at least the ones I'm involved with).

So okay, "I think it's merely a re-packing of old stuff".  Well, what old stuff?  We need to be specific if we want out comments to carry any weight.  Are you saying that REX had a product like this out before?  They didn't.  So may be you're accusing them of using someone else material?  Highly doubtful, I'd say that it's absolutely untrue. I just can't fathom any other possible explanation, but I'll be happy to listen if there is one.

As I mentioned before, I've dealt one-on-one with a few people who didn't enjoy WWA HD, and after speaking with them and explaning to them how scenery works in ESP diveritives each one of of them turned their opinion around.  Each and every single one of them.  I think the problem is A) expetations, and B) not understanding how scenery works and what devs can actually do with it. 

A Quick Explanation

There are 40 "Enhanced" Airports in ESP derivatives which use custom textures. All the other 25,000+ airports use the same textures, thus the only why to change those textures is to replace each airport with custom textures (anyone want to pay $650,000.00???), or you can provide custom replacements for the default textures used in those airports.  The latter is what REX did, and they created numerous textures to choose from for different parts of airports - allowing the user to create a great many customized texture packages to choose from.

Now basically airport scenery falls into two parts (payware developers would rightfully argue this, but I'm talking default airports).  Those parts are the AFCADs which make up the layout of the airport grounds, runways, taxiways, buildings and various objects which can be added as well; and the textures.  Redoing the AFCADs for 25,000+ airports would also fall into the "you want to pay $650,000.00", and obviously isn't realistic.

Finally, I think if anyone looks at what they actually get for the price of less than one payware scenery...  then World Wide Airports HD is a SLAM DUNK decision for those who fly between a select few payware airports.  For instance, I fly on VATSIM 100% of the time, and I often fly VATSIM events.  Why I have payware scenery for the majority of large/popular airports in the US and Europe, we often have events into airports that I don't have payware for - and more importantly they're airports that I likely won't fly to/from again so it doesn't make sense for me to purchase a payware scenery for them, even if it existed.

My friends, it's all in how we use the tools we have.  WWA HD will not only save me money, but it will give me far better looking airports for those which I don't already have payware for.  Honestly, I think it's too easy of a decision brothers, and I absolutely love the product.

Best wishes.

• Upvote 3

Dave Hodges

8 minutes ago, rstough said:

I don't understand that statement.

Well, thanks for the clarification.

As I'm not interested in "ground" and "airport" enhancements, mostly in clouds and stuff, I presumed that there will no changes and it appears that I was correct. I have both SC and TD separate products, which were adapted for V4 (again, thank you), but I didn't noticed anything drastically new. Perhaps I'm wrong 

I guess it all depends on what you expect(ed) from the product. I am one who purchases very few specific airports and I love what the product did to the basic airports in P3D. The textures are brighter and snappier, the airport vehicles stand out, all in all a very enjoyable addition. The differences (to me) and much more noticeable now that I've gone to V4 and do NOT have them.

Unless I am wrong in how it operates, I believe it will not add buildings etc where there are none but sure enhances what is there.

Vic

RIG#1 - 7700K 5.0g ROG X270F 3600 15-15-15 - EVGA RTX 3090 1000W PSU 1- 850G EVO SSD, 2-256G OCZ SSD, 1TB,HAF942-H100 Water W1064Pro
40" 4K Monitor 3840x2160 - AS16, ASCA, GEP3D, UTX, Toposim, ORBX Regions, TrackIR
RIG#2 - 3770K 4.7g Asus Z77 1600 7-8-7 GTX1080ti DH14 850W 2-1TB WD HDD,1tb VRap, Armor+ W10 Pro 2 - HannsG 28" Monitors

2 hours ago, DaveCT2003 said:

As compared to what?  Default airports?  Zinertek?  What were you expecting from the product?  I believe these are questions which should be addressed if one makes such a statement.

I don't like HD airports. Thats just my own personal opinion and I don't need or have to compare it against anything. I've been using REX products for years and enjoy them very much. Just not HD Airports.

Pete Richards

Aussie born, Sydney (YSSY) living in Whitehorse, Yukon (CYXY)

Windows 11 Pro loaded on a Sabrent 1TB Rocket Nvme PCIe 4.0, Ryzen 9 7950x3d, MSI X670-Pro Wifi Motherboard, MSI RTX 4070 Ti Ventus 3X 12G OC, 64GB DDR5-6000 C30 Corsair Vengeance, 2x 1TB Samsung 960 Pro NVMe for MSFS2020, 4TB Seagate BarraCuda HD, Corsair RMx 1000W PSU, NZXT Kraken X63 280mm AIO, Phanteks P600S Case.